Welcome to PatsFans.com

Craigslist at it YET AGAIN!!

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Fogbuster, Sep 1, 2009.

1. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

Too freaking much!!! One scandal simmers down and another one springs right back up to take its place. Craigslist needs to clean itself up or it WILL be shut down. Sorry to all you who buy your lawn mowers and back hoes off Cslist, but it is what is: an online whore house with all the downside that produces:

[size=+4]NE Mom Found Guilty In Prostitution Operation[/size]

A Northeast Philadelphia woman has been found guilty on charges of being part of a mother-daughter prostitution operation.

Traci Young, 39, went on trial Monday and was found guilty.

Prosecutors said Young and her 22-year-old daughter Tami Smith, a mother of three, allegedly advertised acts of prostitution on the popular online classifieds site Craigslist.

Northeast Philadelphia Woman Found Guilty In Mother-Daughter Prostitution Operation - cbs3.com

//
  2. sdaniels7114

sdaniels7114 Rookie

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

The real tragedy here is that the taxpayers of Pennsylvania are gonna have to pay tens of thousands of dollars, when dollars are real hard to come by, to prosecute a 39 and 22 year old for doing whatever they want with their bodies .
  3. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

Nooooo, the REAL tragedy here is that after these mindless idiots -- fans of Hugh Hefner, Teddy Kennedy, Bill Clinton, and the rest of the sex-intoxicated "celebrities" of America -- get their next certain cases of HIV/AIDS, other sexually transmitted diseases, or some former lover goes postal and takes out a trailer/office/McDonalds/KFC/PopEyes/or some other people-filled place, they will then need to use hospitals.... MANY, MANY hospitals, many, many Emergency Rooms, Many, MANY doctors, nurses, orderlies, scalpels, sponges, bandages, coffins, burial plots .... all of which will be presented as one humongous bill to the tax-payers of America!! :steamed:

Screw that!!!! :nooo:

//
  4. sdaniels7114

sdaniels7114 Rookie

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

You're funny.
  5. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

Good, then you'll be happy paying all the medical bills for all the problems craigslist creates.

Laugh while you can; craigslist is going down. :D

//
  6. KontradictioN

KontradictioN Do you even lift? PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +885 / 16 / -24

No Jersey Selected

I'd blame the mother and daughter for having extremely bad/hillbilly taste more than Craigslist. But that's just me, personally.
  7. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

Well, of course the mother & her daughter have done the overt crime, but without craigslist enabling them, they'd have to do it some other way ... or maybe not at all.

Point is, Craigslist is pile of dung that attracts all kinds of disease-infected flies and other dangerous insects. Close it down.

//
  8. efin98

efin98 Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Don't matter to him, he is on a crusade against the site.
  9. efin98

efin98 Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

in a sad, pathetic, "kids don't stare" sort of way...
  10. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

What's truly sad and genuinely pathetic is how some are so content with sticking their heads in the sand and pretending there's "no problem" here. Promoting prostitution is illegal, immoral, and deadly. You already know that, so you must be in favor of it.

:nooo:

//
  11. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +248 / 3 / -2

Look, if you don't like the site, don't go there. Anytime some whack job mailman guns down his fellow coworkers, we don't close a post office. Whenever some retard gets drunk after a night out on the town, and smashes his car, we don't bring back prohibition. Anytime some preachers calls for the death of the president, we don't go closing down churches. It's a free country for a reason bro, and if you don't like that, too bad.
  12. efin98

efin98 Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Millions of transactions a week, yet you choose to whine and crusade against the site based on one single case each time...

Just jack off in the corner and shut the hell up for once...your sexual repression is going to be the death of you.:rolleyes:
  13. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

Real, I know you like your freedom and all that -- we all do -- but there is a line between enabling/promoting dangerous behavior and good, constructive freedom. Freedom is not license to do anything that just pleases YOU; there are social/societal consequences to our actions. How many kids thought it was OK to become a drunken lecher and hit on anything in a skirt because Uncle Teddy Kennedy, Bill Clinton, and a host of other "famous celebrities" got away with it??? I seriously doubt if your sister, daughter, or other female person you genuinely loved and cared about got way-layed by some obsessed maniac fueled by the "freebies" offered on craigslist that you'd be ho-hum about it. Very seriously doubt it.

//
  14. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

Not "some", Foggy....EVERYBODY!

You're the only one here taking up this quixotic crusade. You're one of the most frightened posters I've ever seen. Stop being such a fraidy cat!
  15. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

Not repressed at all; I get all I can handle, thanks; nice try, though.

Maybe I'm treading on your place of choice for finding companionship, but that is still no excuse for an online whore-house. It's illegal, it's immoral, it DOES hurt people -- as we see almost every single week!! -- and it needs to be shut down. Period.

//
  16. efin98

efin98 Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

More of the same kill the entire site because you have a problem with a single section...same story, same song...like a broken record every month :rolleyes:

There's a reason why you are the laughingstock of the forum...
    Last edited: Sep 1, 2009
  17. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

I don't think everyone is laughing. Maybe those who use the service c-list provides. And I'm not even saying kill the whole list because of a "single section"; not at all. I'm saying craigslist *could* remove that section if it wanted to. Not difficult for them to do it. Just whip out the scalpel and voila!! Done!!

But, no, they CHOOSE not to do that. One must ask, "why"??? Why do they persist in breaking the law??? Why do they persist in flaunting their breaking the law??? Why do they persist in enabling crime after crime after crime, with even people getting dead from them????

Yeah, you see me talking about once a month or so because it's in the freaking news once a month or so!!!! Duh!! What part of "illegal" don't you understand???? What part of "immoral" don't you understand????

If anybody is a "laughing stock" on this, it's YOU, buddy.

//
  18. KontradictioN

KontradictioN Do you even lift? PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +885 / 16 / -24

No Jersey Selected

They'd probably use the Personal Ads in the newspapers. Should we shut down all the newspapers in the U.S. because some hillbilly will use the personals to go and sell his/her body in exchange for sex?
  19. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +248 / 3 / -2

Dude, I think prositution should be legal, so the fact that women choose (key word here) to sell their body for cash, is fine by me. One way or another, people pay for sex, so paying direct shouldn't be a problem. Not everyone holds the same set of ideals that you do. While I don't want to see people sell their bodies, they should be able to.
  20. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

But why??? :confused:

If you really don't want to see people do that where is it written that it "should be" legalized??? Makes no sense. If it's wrong it shouldn't be allowed. There's no long-lasting good side to it at all, just a very temporary bump, at best.

//