Welcome to PatsFans.com

Craigslist at it again ....

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Fogbuster, Aug 4, 2009.

1. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

Love Quadrangle Gets Krazy | NBC Chicago

(two-thirds of the way down the page)

"Ziemann struck the man in the face, and used Krazy Glue to attach his penis to his stomach when the other women arrived, according to the complaints. The man told investigators he also was threatened with a gun. Ziemann told investigators she didn't have a gun but may have told the victim, ``Do you know how much I want to shoot you?''

He started screaming and the women rushed off fearful that he could get loose and hurt them but allegedly took his wallet, vehicle and cell phone.

Ziemann told investigators [highlight]she met the man online through Craigslist[/highlight], fell in love and paid for his use of a room at the motel for the past two months."

When will it ever end???? Shut down the online whore house!!!!

//

2. Wildo7

Wildo7 Totally Full of It

Ratings:
    +49 / 16 / -3

why don't we just ban the whole internet :rolleyes:

3. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

Fine...

Then Fog's other sociological "evil" -- newspapers -- will be healthy and vibrant once more when they get back their ad revenue lost to CL.

4. Fogbuster

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

No need to ban constructive, positive places on the net; just the sleeze-mongering joints that foul it up for all the rest.

Pretty simple, and very logical, too. Unless you're into sleeze.

//

5. Wildo7

Ratings:
    +49 / 16 / -3

You can't stop adults from arranging to meet each other on the internet. If Craigslist goes done (which it won't) there will be something else in it's place.

Do you actually think that these people wouldn't commit these crimes if there was no craigslist? Maybe we should ban cell phones since people can use them to arrange sex out of wedlock, or cars since people can solicit hookers from them.

This isn't the 16th century Fog, and logic is the last thing you should be trying to invoke.

6. Fogbuster

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

Ha-ha. We will see about that. Somehow I see the media -- all of it: print, online, digital -- getting cleaned up over the next few years. Sleaze produces only a downside, and must be removed; people see that more clearly each day. It will be, no matter where it comes from.

//

7. Wildo7

Ratings:
    +49 / 16 / -3

You're prognostications have been so accurate so far I have no reason to doubt them now.

Is that before or after the rapture?

8. Fogbuster

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

The internet is a public place and it must exist for the public benefit. If it does not, it must be policed. And it will be, rest assured. Always preferrable to do it voluntarily, like adults, but if that's too difficult someone will come along and do it by force via laws, etc. Since I don't like or want such laws, I think we need to clean things up voluntarily. If CL doesn't want to cooperate, let them get shut down. They will find a way to clean themselves.

Surrendering to sleaze is NOT an option.

//

9. tanked_as_usual

tanked_as_usual Banned

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

tough luck Fog........craigslist is here to stay..........

move on with your life........don't dwell on things you have no control over......you'll be happier.......probably live longer

10. tanked_as_usual

tanked_as_usual Banned

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

well........it seems nobody has a problem allowing the catholic church to continue to operate even though its representatives have fondled and abused countless children..........

11. Wildo7

Ratings:
    +49 / 16 / -3

Good luck with that. Meanwhile, I'm going to go sell a couch on Craigslist because I'm an adult and it's meant to be a free country. If the person that shows up to buy it ends up being a serial killer maybe my family will sue Mac for making my computer.

12. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

Repressionist like yourself have been stammering this mantra for decades... centuries... Meanwhile, society gets more and more perverted. I don't love it either... BUt...

People want their sex. If repressionists make laws outlawing sex, the masses will just keep breaking the law. You can't "guilt" away nature. Thousands of years of organized religion's failure has proven that.

Last edited: Aug 4, 2009
  13. tanked_as_usual

tanked_as_usual Banned

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

dude...........did you wash off the love stains you got on the couch after your point reyes naked dash to the sea????

14. Fogbuster

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

And that is reason enough to dismiss two thousand years of all the other acts of charity and self-sacrifice for the positive benefit of others??? Christianity has been far from perfect -- many Christians have treated my faith like it was the plague, though that is changing, step by step -- by I challenge you or anyone to show me who has done more for the sake of others than Christians have over the past two millenia.

//

15. Wildo7

Ratings:
    +49 / 16 / -3

Scientists.

16. tanked_as_usual

tanked_as_usual Banned

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

blah blah blah thousands of years blah blah blah..........and made life miserable for millions of others......and so on and so forth........ fact is, they diddled little kids, and no amount of 'charity' will reduce that fact.........nobody gets a pass for making the life of children miserable......

besides......I thought the church WAS NOT about keeping score

in the last couple of years, craigslist has probably helped more americans than the catholic church

Last edited: Aug 4, 2009
  17. Fogbuster

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

I never said it was the *only* initiative to clean up the human race -- clearly we need a new, up to date understanding of who we are and what went wrong -- but removing obvious sludge and slime from the pond is always a good sign. Effort counts. By your logic we shouldn't bother to cut the grass or clean the swimming pool because it's only going to grow again and get more junk in it again. :wha:

There's a difference between simply surrendering and taking one step at a time, working for the total expected end result if positivity and goodness.

//

18. apple strudel

apple strudel Banned

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

Of course this has nothing to do with Craigslist. They could just as easily have met on the bus, cafe, library, IRC, or IM.

And of course I am left wondering what exactly it was about this story that really attracted fog's eye.

19. Fogbuster

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

NO one is giving anybody any passes!!!! Hello!!! You haven't read my stuff in the past or you would know that. Please educate yourself before speaking out of turn. I have been as outspoken as anyone about scum like NAMBLA.... they should be dropped off in Siberia or the northern reaches of Alaska. Forever.

And Barney Frank can join them, for all I care.

//

20. Fogbuster

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

Like Joseph Mengele or the guys who make roadside bombs????

//