Welcome to PatsFans.com

Craigslist ... at it again

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Fogbuster, Jul 5, 2009.

1. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

They just don't want to learn. "Money talks, nobody walks. Who, me? I dint do it!!"

[size=+3]Woman accused of targeting girl, 9, with Craigslist ad[/size]

By Laurie Segall
    CNN

(CNN) -- A Long Island, New York, social worker is facing two misdemeanor charges after allegedly posting a sexually suggestive ad on Craigslist that gave interested parties the home phone number of a 9-year-old girl.

[highlight]The sexually suggestive ad allowed parties to get a number for a 9-year-old girl.[/highlight]

According to prosecutors, Margery Tannenbaum posted the ad to get revenge after an argument between her daughter and the girl, who attend the same school in Hauppauge, New York.

On Thursday, Tannenbaum was arraigned on charges of aggravated harassment and endangering the welfare of a minor. She pleaded not guilty and will appear in court later this month.

Officials told CNN affiliate News 12 in Long Island that the Craigslist ad read "I need a little affection... I'm blond, I'm cute and I'll be waiting."

Interested parties were directed to an e-mail address where they were given the girl's name and home phone number. Callers were unaware they were trying to reach a 9-year-old.

Woman accused of targeting girl, 9, with Craigslist ad - CNN.com

This Margery Tannenbaum is something of a witch from hell, too. Needs some time off in a padded cell. Bread and water for a couple of weeks. Might get her attention.

Ditto for the Craigslist enablers, too. :mad:

//
  2. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

Nobody wants to talk about it. Becoming too embarrassing. Week after week after week after ........

I feel your pain.

//
  3. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0

You are right, no one wants to talk about it because it is IDIOTIC.. and your need for self engrandizing behavior is greater than your need for any semblance of intelligent discussion.. you have never even looked at Craigslist..

It is considered poor form to bump your own posts...
  4. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

Oh, guess you were lurking after all. :D

Don't get me started on "self-aggrandizement" or "poor form" .... :nono: You'll be so embarrassed we might not see you here for a few months.

Hm-m-m, .... on second thought .......

//
  5. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0

More poor form you hijack your own thread, and make it all about Foggy, who obviously only gets attention here, albeit negative, on this board...
  6. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

So, listen up, everyone: DarrylS thinks it's "IDIOTIC" that people are using a message board to post lures for people to get murdered, raped, and now accosted via telephone (next will be a visit from out of state wackos). DarrylS thinks talking about it is "IDIOTIC".

Wonder how he'd feel if it happened to someone he cares about, .... a child of his own, a nephew or niece, a grand-child. Something tells me DarrylS must be childless, familyless, and has lived working in state institutions all his life. Thus he has no qualification to speak on issues about how families feel when people like Craigslist enable this kind of violence.

Not good.

//
  7. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0

It is kind of like a tree in the forest, no one hears, no one cares .. keep up your silly posts... with your train of thought MySpace, Twitter, Cell Phones, Video Games, Television, Cars, Alcohol, Guns should all be taken from the american people as they are can be all instruments of the devil.. and they can enable harm to others..

Keep guessing about my personal life.. it is not pertinent to this discussion, you continually reveal your half life along with your arranged marriage ... we did not need to know this, but you chose to share it.
  8. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

Fully pertinent to the discussion. Child molesters would most likely be in favor of legalizing NAMBLA, for example. A person's personal life is very pertinent to the attitude toward Craigslist and its refusal to clean itself up. Don't complain when Obama says: "the internet as you have known it is now closed. Shut down. No longer exists. Same goes for Talk Radio and anything else I feel is a threat to my dictatorship."

Course, you prolly are working for all that.

//
  9. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0

News Flash, there is more than sex in this world, with this line of thought Guns should be outlawed as they enable death, the gun manufacturers are enablers of death, the gun dealers are enablers of death.. you make no sense..

Obama did not say that.. you fool.
  10. tanked_as_usual

tanked_as_usual Banned

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

craigslist isn't going anywhere......move on with your life
  11. efin98

efin98 Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Notice how the only two people even posting is the guy with a crusade against Craigslist and the guy who has a crusade against him...which one is more annoying?
  12. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

Rome wasn't built in a day, either. All good things take time ... Patience, Grasshopper.

//
  13. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

... the guy who's crusading against the first guy, hands down. :yeahthat:

//
  14. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

Craigslist is on the Al Qaeda fatwa list.

True.

//
  15. godef

godef Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

Craigslist doesn't molest little girls. People do.
  16. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

Yeah, like drug dealers don't shoot the dope that kills people, the people do it to themselves.

//
  17. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

I think we begin to see the logic problem, here...as usual.

Craigs List is not a person. And your "something tells me" line is useless and totally meritless. Guessing is not reliable, and your guessing is even less so.
  18. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

Craigslist has an owner. The owner is responsible for his property. If that property is routinely misused to harm other people the owner is liable. Torts 101. Hit somebody with your car/truck and get back to me.

//
  19. efin98

efin98 Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

He's only focusing on what happens on one single part of the site and ignoring the vast majority of the rest of the site and how positive and vital it is to poeple...

To follow his logic, if someone got a hangnail he'd want the doctor to cut the whole arm off.
    Last edited: Jul 6, 2009
  20. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0

I do not understand with his line of reasoning, why he does not advocate for the gun manufacturers and gun dealers.. they are truly enablers of violence..

There usually is an underlying issue when he gets this focused, maybe Craig is a former moonie or said something bad about daddy moon.. sooner or later we find out.
  21. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

No, thanks. I'd rather not.

Not big on TORT reform, huh?
  22. efin98

efin98 Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Or he got a bad date from Craigslist ;)
  23. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

Dude, I'm not against the *whole* site, just the fact that the owners allow it to be used for prostitution, arranged meetings where people have been MURDERED, others RAPED, and now a crazy possessed woman harassing a 9 year old girl. The owners need to ensure that kind of crap is kept out, or they need to be held liable in a court of law. Very, very simple.

Ask McDonald's about their hot coffee, and how much THAT cost them.

What's mystifying is: where are the lawyers!! They should be lined up down the street to take craigslist to the cleaners.

//
  24. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

Guns are protected under the Second Amendment. You mess up with a gun, you pay the price. Craigslist is operating in new territory: the online social networking blogosphere. Limits of liability need to be established and Craigslist has demonstrated they are the perfect precedent-setter for this new era.

Bring it on, lawyers!!!! Do your thing to craigslist!!!

//
  25. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

Hoss manure tort prosecution is what it is, latrine filler. But this ain't that. Craigslist has a responsibility to keep their site clean, or they have to face the consequences of deaths, rapes, and other crimes that happened by using their site. The garbage is there for anyone to see, they need to clean up or GET cleaned up. End of story.

//
  26. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0

Freedom of speech is guaranteed by the first amendment, how about myspace, twitter and facebook or even youtube all of them are truly the devils workplace and enablers of all types of sexual proclivity and violence??..

Why exclusively Craigslist?? It is no better or worse than any of the social networking sites... if you were to close Craigslist it would be a huge blow to the "shadow" economy.

Why are there no limits of liability here, and no liability for the gun manufacturers and gun dealers..

You and your arguments make no sense..
  27. efin98

efin98 Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

You mean like how Myspace was used to humilate a young girl to the point where she killed herself? Or how many sexual predators have tried to rape or molest young kids off of Myspace and Facebook?

And heaven forbid any of those adult videos posted on Youtube showing nudity, sex, violence, hate messages in them...

Oh no why go after them when you could ignore them and focus on Craigslist...
  28. tanked_as_usual

tanked_as_usual Banned

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

using craigslist and driving a car is the same thing????

YOU MAKE NO SENSE AT ALL..........
  29. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0

My point, all of the social networking sites are the devils workplace and enablers of violence and deviant sexual activity.. oh the horrors!!! There has to be more about this Craigslist/Unification Church for this much focus and hatred, so much so that certain posters want to start changing the constitution.. while leaving others intact, particularly those that enable violence and murder.
  30. efin98

efin98 Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Trying to add on to what you were saying with a recent event and examples ;)