Welcome to PatsFans.com

Craigslist - Astroturfers For Hire

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by IcyPatriot, Aug 10, 2009.

1. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ------------- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,080 / 9 / -19

#87 Jersey

:rofl: ... you can't make this stuff up ... can you?

Health Care is a Human Right! Work for Healthcare Reform, $10-15 an hr

Last edited: Aug 10, 2009
  2. Patriot_in_NY

Patriot_in_NY Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Ratings:
    +34 / 0 / -0

I forget....... would these be the patriotic, or the un-patriotic astroturfers with swastikas? So hard to keep track. :singing:

3. IcyPatriot

Ratings:
    +1,080 / 9 / -19

#87 Jersey

Denver: ***YEAR ROUND JOBS FOR THE PUBLIC INTEREST***

Boston: *MAKE an IMPACT* LEADERSHIP opps avail* $10-15/hour*

Philly: **Help Make Healthcare Affordable and Accessible for All - $9-14/hr

New York: **TALENTED LEADERS needed to work for health care reform $11-16/hour**

:rofl: ... the healthcare atroturfing foot soldiers making a bit more than they could at Walmart.

every state and major city in the country can be found with this company on Craigslist

... FOG'S FAVORITE.
    :spygate::deadhorse::scream:

4. IcyPatriot

Ratings:
    +1,080 / 9 / -19

#87 Jersey

5. IcyPatriot

Ratings:
    +1,080 / 9 / -19

#87 Jersey

6. IcyPatriot

Ratings:
    +1,080 / 9 / -19

#87 Jersey

Are these workers Un-American?

If they're doing it for pay ... but didn't do it for free ... is that Un-American?

Perhaps Harry Boy can ask Nancy when he meets her for a spot of tea.

7. PatsFanInVa

PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +569 / 8 / -8

Looks like standard canvassing and phone canvassing.

That ain't quite the same thing as shouting down your congressman at a public meeting at the behest of industry lobbyists :)

Here's what you're missing:

When the goal is to talk to thousands or hundreds of thousands of people, gather support, and grow that support, ya call that organizing.

When the goal is for industry lobbyists to round up a bunch of "the great angry masses" and shout down the vast majority who are there to discuss the issue, that's called astroturf.

Got the distinction? Grass-roots organizing is aiming to nurture and grow support through the grass-roots, i.e., by expanding the segment of the populace that agrees with you and is willing to be active.

Political operatives taking off their office attire, throwing on blue jeans, and describing themselves as just a mom... and marching in lockstep to shut down the process... welp, that just ain't the same thing.

But yeah there may be a good proportion of them taking their marching orders from industry thinking it's really what's best.

So let's say that the dollars spent by industry to create this "movement" are unimportant, and the astroturf protests are grassroots protests.

Do you believe them to be a constructive way for Americans to learn about what's in the bill(s) under consideration? By ending the meeting where the information is supposed to be available?

I don't.

PFnV

8. patsfan13

patsfan13 Hall of Fame Poster PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +242 / 8 / -13

You sure they aren't looking for a few good thugs to rough up the guys with canes and call then niggers? Like what happened to the Blakc conservative the SEIU thugs attacked?

9. IcyPatriot

Ratings:
    +1,080 / 9 / -19

#87 Jersey

I think this crap goes on by both sides... Not I think - I know. I can find many articles where the left shouted and shut down debate when Bush was President. Please with this spin ... both sides do it ... both sides shout or sit in or act with manners as needed. Anyone who believes this to be a new ploy invented by the right has been locked in a basement for too long.

I can't believe you're towing the party line on this one.

I can find articles where Pelosi was working with Code Pink ... shouting right in front of her no less when Bush was President. She said their shouting invigorated her and the debate ... well now she hates them and they hate her. Come on PFnV ... you really can't be buying this media ploy ... not you.

PELOSI ... "“Preserving our planet is a national security issue…,” Pelosi said and paused. “I always say the best preparation for combat is combat,” she responded. “So just go for it, I respect your enthusiasm.”

10. IcyPatriot

Ratings:
    +1,080 / 9 / -19

#87 Jersey

The meetings would have been irrelevant if pelosi had her way. She wanted the bill voted on and passed before the August recess. This is why the people are so angry ... and they have a right to be. We got stuck with a stimulus bill that was crafted behind closed doors and which our lawmakers voted on without reading.

11. Patsfanin Philly

Patsfanin Philly Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +82 / 0 / -0

#95 Jersey

You mean you don't like the patronizing, condescending "we know what's best, so shut up and let us get this legislation passed, even if I haven't read it" attitude?????

12. reflexblue

reflexblue PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +159 / 4 / -0

#91 Jersey

Its just another way Obama is working to stimulate the economy and creat jobs. :rolleyes:

13. reflexblue

reflexblue PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +159 / 4 / -0

#91 Jersey

Harry's afraid a "Death Van" is going to roll up infront of his house and ask him to step inside to claim his "free prize" :p

14. IcyPatriot

Ratings:
    +1,080 / 9 / -19

#87 Jersey

:D That's a good one ... we can thank George Soros also then. :D

:D While we're at it we can thank the people supporting the shouters ... more bingo $$$ :D

In a way it's kind of sad really ... I mean our Congress is always being pushed and prodded by paid professionals and they say we're a democracy of the people. :confused2:

15. efin98

efin98 Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

What do you expect- it's not an election year.

16. PatsFanInVa

Ratings:
    +569 / 8 / -8

This whole "voted on without reading" schtick is getting old. Look skippy, your congressman probably hasn't read the majority of major appropriations bills cover to cover, personally, and I've never heard you complain about all the other legislation they voted on "without reading."

Again, most staffers are not bits of fluff there to provide eyefood.

As to the desired pace on Pelosi's part, versus the "will of the people," I do think people are scared enough of major change that delay -- like we've now got -- probably feels quite comfortable to them. The pacing is purely tactics; the guts of bill are what they are: a timid movement toward rational allocation of health care and rational cutting of administrative overhead.

But the pace makes people nervous. Change makes people nervous. Gotcha. Now that there's an extra (recess) month involved, what's your excuse? That's what, 33 pages a day, to read our vaunted "1000 pages!!!"? Think they'll have read it and can now vote on it in September?

Or are you still going to be ranting about how many pages are in the bill, and about how nobody has read it?

17. IcyPatriot

Ratings:
    +1,080 / 9 / -19

#87 Jersey

They didn't want it read ... just voted on ... bunky ... okay? ;)

It's not the right or the shouters that slowed it down
    ... it was the blue dog democrats ... hip hip hooray for them ... :woot:

18. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

.... or sending professional hecklers and disruptors to any speech given by anybody to the right of John McCain at any college campus in America, from 1965 until today.

'Heckling and dissent are fine American institutions .... (as long as it is done by hard left agitators .... ) " ...... :wha:

:nooo:.....................................................:nono:

19. PatsFanInVa

Ratings:
    +569 / 8 / -8

Realllly? Got a link on any John McCain speech they had to shut down due to the presence and persistence of hecklers?

20. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

I'm talking about "conservative" candidates and speakers like Ann Coulter. Just google "conservative speakers heckled/shouted down on university campuses". Should keep you busy.

Here's a start: conservative speakers heckled/shouted down on university campuses - Google Paie?ka

See you in a month or so. Don't get lost.

//