PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Crable

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tough to beat out Woods and Ninko, not because they're exceptionally great OLBs, but because they both contribute on ST. Meaning Crable would have to become a ST demon (which we have little to go on to assume he could), or somehow play good enough OLB to be used enough in the rotation to warrant a spot.

I find both scenarios unlikely. Hope I'm pleasantly surprised.

I agree that Crable is unlikely to beat out Woods or Ninkovich. However, he still does have a chance to surprise and make the team as a linebacker. I would be shocked to see spindly legs make the team as a special teamer.

Tough to beat out Woods and Ninko, not because they're exceptionally great OLBs, but because they both contribute on ST. Meaning Crable would have to become a ST demon (which we have little to go on to assume he could), or somehow play good enough OLB to be used enough in the rotation to warrant a spot.

I agree that Crable is unlikely to beat out Woods or Ninkovich. However, he still does have a chance to surprise and make the team as a linebacker. I would be shocked to see spindly legs make the team as a special teamer.

Agreed but IF-IF-IF-IF healthy (if for the number of injuries (knee, shoulder, hammy and ankle) , they will give Crable a long, hard look over Woods and Nink...

Not really a Michigan fan but I watched alot of Big10 football when Crable was at Michigan and he was a very good special teamer. I think he only started at OLB his senior year. Before that, he was a special team demon and pass rusher. As far as being injury prone, I know he missed his freshman year after suffering an injury in camp but other than that I don't recall any injury history(until he joined the Pats). I guess I am of the thought that the Pats must see something in him, otherwise he would be long gone. Hopefully he stays healthy this year and the Pats can see what they got. IMO, at his best, he could be a real good pass rusher who plays with a nasty attitude. At worst, if healthy he could contribute on special teams like he did in college.

The thought that any linebacker with value couldn't beat somebody out on this squad is ludicrous.

If they're keeping him because he can play, there's plenty of room.

Since when do players on IR take up a roster spot?

Woods and Ninkovich have shown next to nothing at the LB position, their competition are the Slaters on this team. If Crable shows he can contibute at LB at all, he has a roster spot.

If this was a race to the treatment room then without doubt, hands down.

Woods and Ninkovich have shown next to nothing at the LB position, their competition are the Slaters on this team. If Crable shows he can contibute at LB at all, he has a roster spot.

I thought Ninkovich looked good when he got the time.

I thought Ninkovich looked good when he got the time.

My opinion is he was nothing special, didn't embarass himself but didn't show anything special in any way. The definition of a JAG. If he proves that assesment wrong, great.

Do we even know what Crable looks like anymore?

1162555529_321f7bb9dc.jpg

i may be in a minority but i really liked what i saw of crable in pre season. i know that was a while ago but i remember him getting an athletic interception and playing with good speed. i just have my fingers crossed he can not break himself again

i may be in a minority but i really liked what i saw of crable in pre season. i know that was a while ago but i remember him getting an athletic interception and playing with good speed. i just have my fingers crossed he can not break himself again

Yeah, in the 2008 preseason, he had 2.5 sacks, an INT, and a FF in 4 games. If nothing else, it shows that he at least has the raw ability to accomplish something. Now he just needs to not be made out of glass.

Yeah, in the 2008 preseason, he had 2.5 sacks, an INT, and a FF in 4 games. If nothing else, it shows that he at least has the raw ability to accomplish something. Now he just needs to not be made out of glass.

Thats what scares me about a player like Brandon Graham from Michigan

Ever since Brady came here we have had little success drafting from that school

Thats what scares me about a player like Brandon Graham from Michigan

Ever since Brady came here we have had little success drafting from that school

Good point, after Brady we drafted Shawn Crable in 2008 and then Shawn Crable in 2008 and after that Shawn Crable in 2008 and then finally in 2008 we drafted Shawn Crable.

Good point, after Brady we drafted Shawn Crable in 2008 and then Shawn Crable in 2008 and after that Shawn Crable in 2008 and then finally in 2008 we drafted Shawn Crable.

There you go. Pierre Woods has made no impression on you at all. I'd say we're 0 for 2 so far.

I'm still hoping on Crable. Yeah I'm a sucker.

Crable has the talent to be a contributor from what I remember about him, but will he ever be able to stay on the field?

Even if Bill doesn't feel great about him now I think he will give him one more chance in training camp like he did with Chad Jackson before cutting him.

It just seems too familiar. Promising rookie, can't shake the injuries two years in a row, high hopes from fans based on raw talent, cut in training camp. I could very well see that happening with Crable. However, I could also see Crable making this team and having an impact on special teams and being worked in at OLB. I'm still pretty high on him, shockingly :p

EDIT: I also believe last week Felger said it wasn't only injuries with Crable. Said something about his attitude not being right or something and the Pats don't like his work ethic or something. Does anyone else remember him saying something like that?

Last edited:
There you go. Pierre Woods has made no impression on you at all. I'd say we're 0 for 2 so far.

I'm still hoping on Crable. Yeah I'm a sucker.

Me too on Crable, but Woods was not drafted, he was signed as an UDFA.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Back