PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Crable released

Status
Not open for further replies.
BB wants to move him back to Practice Squad so he can make room for somebody else on the 53. we will see who that is, but its probably an OL or RB or something like that i would guess. something different, associated with the gameplan.

just a guess.

-- FRITZ

Crable - highest center of gravity in the history of the NFL - not good

I was paying attention to him when he was in and he was mostly just brutal--got pushed back like a rag doll.

I agree. He seemed to play in 3rd and long and I can't remember him getting any pressure. He's only earning a paycheck because of lack of quality depth.

It appears your response was a great big "whoosh" right over the heads of some folks not familiar with the Legend of Adam Seward.
I haven't seen so much blown back hair since Polamalu was trying to twist Brady's head off at the goal line!

This is where Aaron Schobel joins the Patriots and gets his ring.

I can dream, can't I ?

I agree. He seemed to play in 3rd and long and I can't remember him getting any pressure. He's only earning a paycheck because of lack of quality depth.

Yeah. Lot of standing around, getting to plays late. Long looking body too. PS I guess.

Based on what? Did you watch the game? Based on what I've seen on tape, Crable is not coming back.

I was referring to all the roster movements. The Pats have been full of surprises this year. It seems like every week this roster changes in some fashion. The Moss trade, for example, took me by complete surprise.

Last edited:
Bottom Line:

1) BB has an even stronger 'cut the non performers or malcontents' mentality this year and Crable fit that category (at ;east in BB's mind). Was he out of position time after or his technique was wrong after being told over and over?
2) Some sort of discipline/behavior issue.
3) Patriots need a different body for the game plan against Colts...they are hoping to resign him when the time comes.
4) Some sort of combination of the 3.

I strongly doubt this is a cut and give new contract situation.

chicken-legs1.jpg

Did they have a two game exception for Mankins. Is Crable his roster spot? Thought he was improving. I guess if it is to make room for mankins I'm not sure who else gets whacked in his place. to bad price didn't come up with helanic flu if he is a scratch everygame
No. You only get the exemption to have him as the 54 player if he is inactive.
We did not exercise the exemption and activated him instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Back