PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Crable released

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did they have a two game exception for Mankins. Is Crable his roster spot? Thought he was improving. I guess if it is to make room for mankins I'm not sure who else gets whacked in his place. to bad price didn't come up with helanic flu if he is a scratch everygame

Did they have a two game exception for Mankins. Is Crable his roster spot? Thought he was improving. I guess if it is to make room for mankins I'm not sure who else gets whacked in his place. to bad price didn't come up with helanic flu if he is a scratch everygame
Bingo, we have bingo.

Bingo, we have bingo.
No we don't, the exemption went away when Mankins was activated.

is this thread new? i thought it was a re-hash of an older thread...

What a baffeling move. Here's hoping they just did the cut and sign or something because he played a good amount in a good defensive display against the steelers.

weirdest news since moss got cut

Why cut him now? Did he mouth off to BB? Makes zero sense.....

UNLESS.....

They are getting readyto sign -----------> Big Name Player Here

It must have something to do with the matchup vs Colts.....

Its been the year of cleaning house and getting rid of the Freeloaders and Deadbeats - Maroney, Aikens and now Crable.

I like it. Get playing or get down the road.

The exemption went away as soon as Mankins was put on the active roster.

I did think of the Practice Squad when I first read this news, but that's really rolling the dice. You're assuming nobody else will claim Crable off waivers (Larsen, Ted), or that nobody else will sign him after clearing waivers (Welch, Thomas; Meriweather, Brandon), or that he might prefer to play elsewhere at this point (McKenzie, Tyrone).

The other thing I thought of was 'okay, what's the better alternative'? Obviously it's not as if Crable was having a Pro Bowl season. I guess based on what the Pats have seen on the field and during practices that they must be much more comfortable going with Dane Fletcher rather than Shawn Crable going forward.

Unless they sign a PS player to the active roster...who else is out there that knows the Patriots defense?

Jeez, I didn't know about this until I got in the car to come home and was subjected to Damen Amendolara doing that jackhammer-to-the-brain lecture thing he does about the Pats' terrible drafting. So get ready to hear that whine again if you turn on the radio.

(I listened long enough to hear him talk up the Colts and Steelers and how they always draft to replace players who leave and "the Patriots better step it up if they don't want to go through what they're going through now again." Huh?)

UNLESS.....

Maybe they're bringing back Eric Alexander since the COlts won't have Dallas Clark ...

How about Murrell?????

Adam Seward was seen in Foxborough....according to 'sources' and heard in 'whispers'

If true, its not the first time BB has courted Seward.

In 2008

after delving into the unrestricted free agent market in recent days, the Patriots are now considering a move with a restricted free agent. Team officials are scheduled to host Carolina linebacker Adam Seward on a visit at Gillette Stadium on Thursday.

Seward (31 games, 2 starts) has primarily been a backup over the last three seasons for the Panthers, who run a 4-3 defense. In New England’s 3-4 scheme, the 6-foot-2, 248-pound Seward would project to play inside linebacker.

As a restricted free agent, Seward was tendered at the low level by the Panthers. That means that if the Patriots sign him to an offer sheet – and the Panthers don’t match – it would cost New England a fifth-round draft choice, the round in which Seward entered the NFL in 2005.

The Patriots’ interest in Seward likely has some ties to his college career at UNLV, when he played inside linebacker in a 3-4 defense. That position, which requires bigger, physical linebackers who can take on guards but still run effectively, has been a challenge for the Patriots to find young talent.

Seward also might have caught the Patriots’ eye in the 2007 preseason. In the Patriots’ 24-7 victory over the Panthers on Aug. 24, Seward had five tackles. He is also considered a strong special teams player.

Since I have no idea what any of this could mean, I'm just going to assume that he was cut so Willie McGinest can take his spot. Let's go Willie!

Last edited:
Adam Seward? Uggh. The guy hasn't made an NFL tackle in 2 years.

I have no way to understand this move. It is completely baffling. But, at least I am secure in the knowledge that Bill Belichick will explain fully, and in great detail, his precise thinking.

Last edited:

UNLESS.....

What big name player is there to be signed?

Adam Seward was seen in Foxborough....according to 'sources' and heard in 'whispers'
It appears your response was a great big "whoosh" right over the heads of some folks not familiar with the Legend of Adam Seward.

This is kinda shocking to me. I felt Crable played his best game as a Patriot. This makes no sense to me.

Can only mean one thing

JULIUS

FREAKING

PEPPERS

I know, that makes no sense.

Wait, what? Head explodes. It's like a g*ddamned soap opera with this kid. I mean, he just got his first half sack.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down