PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Crable is ready, is he able?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thats priceless. TBC had 10 sacks last season, the same as clay mathews, schobel, james harrison and julius peppers. He is "at best" a role player?

His 5 sacks in 14 games against non-Bills teams say so.

Re: Crable is ready,is he able?

It's pretty clear that someone is having a problem with reality! ;)

Your obsession with my use of the word "ignore" is almost as amusing as your bizarre defense of Coach Bill's long and lamented failure to address problems at LineBacker, over the last 6 years! :p

"Ignore" is obviously my hyperbole ~ my dramatization ~ for "neglect". His infamous attempts at "repair" are well known to us all.

I haven't been around this particular Site for long, but I'm pretty confident that the other 99% of the posters don't need to have that explained to them. ;)

It should've been obvious to you, at the time, that Coach Bill's "repair" attempts, which you are so fervently defending, were doomed to failure.

The idea, in sustaining a Championship team, is to address the problem at a Fundamental level.

I really shouldn't need to explain that to you.

Your transparent bitterness at other members on this Site ~ "so many others" , as you put it ~ suggests that many others saw the fundamental flaw in this approach, and called Bill on it, while you fervently defended him, even though that approach has been proven wrong year, after year, after year...

Hey, I take a back seat to NO man in my reverence of Coach Bill II, Mad Genius!! :D

But your persistent defense of his ~ will it help your state of mind if I say "neglect" :D ~ of first the ILB, and, then, the OLB positions ~ is rather disturbing, my friend!! :singing:

Wow, that is some seizure inducing punctuation, I don't even understand the misuse of the tilde.

But back to the purpose of your post, there's a number of positions he 'ignored' by that. DE for one, Safety (unless you believe Meriweather is a serviceable player), Oline, OLB, WR. He manages the team as best as he can, and I don't mean this as a ridiculous homer, but its silly to think that he can just simultaneously draft a stud OLB and fill other needs too. O

His 5 sacks in 14 games against non-Bills teams say so.

I guess Jared Allen's six sacks against non-GB teams are meaningless too.

I agree completely. A little part of me dies every time I see him ranked as the best 4-3 DE right now.

I agree completely. A little part of me dies every time I see him ranked as the best 4-3 DE right now.

Who would you say is a dominant pass rusher then? Out of curiosity.

I hope Crable has a good or even great career in NFL to prove snobs wrong. The kid was kept off active roster not by his own fault. I think BB has done a poor job evaulating and utilizing his LBs. Nothing makes me happier than him having a great year, other than Brady getting another superbowl MVP that is.
You're right. He played exactly 1 down in the 2009 preseason. On that 1 down, he got beat for a 20 yard pass. He then went off the field and ended up on IR 3 weeks later. Crable is a joke, as is this entire thread.

Last edited:

Wow, that is some seizure inducing punctuation, I don't even understand the misuse of the tilde.

But back to the purpose of your post, there's a number of positions he 'ignored' by that. DE for one, Safety (unless you believe Meriweather is a serviceable player), Oline, OLB, WR. He manages the team as best as he can, and I don't mean this as a ridiculous homer, but its silly to think that he can just simultaneously draft a stud OLB and fill other needs too. O

"unless you believe Meriweather is a serviceable player"??? :eek: :eek: :eek:

Good GOD, man! Your entire post was complete nonsense, but THAT stanza definitely takes the cake!! :eek:

That's hilarious!! First Crowell's comparing Cain to Julius Peppers and James Harrison, based off of one statistically inflated Career Year, and now you're comparing him to Jared Allen!! PRICELESS!! :singing: :D :singing:

Last edited:

I think the same. Jared Allen is such a non-factor in so many games it isn't even funny. I believe that the best pass rusher in the game is Demarcus Ware, but if we are talking about 4-3 DEs, I gotta go with Dwight Freeney, that spin move is just beautiful. Trent Cole, Justin Tuck,Peppers and Mario Williams would come next in my list. Mathis as a honorable mention. They say the Williams Wall makes Ray Edwards good, but Jared Allen is not that different.

I think the same. Jared Allen is such a non-factor in so many games it isn't even funny. I believe that the best pass rusher in the game is Demarcus Ware, but if we are talking about 4-3 DEs, I gotta go with Dwight Freeney, that spin move is just beautiful. Trent Cole, Justin Tuck,Peppers and Mario Williams would come next in my list. Mathis as a honorable mention. They say the Williams Wall makes Ray Edwards good, but Jared Allen is not that different.
Kind of weird how people are bashing Allen, basically saying he's overrated. Back when he was with KC, he had sh*t for a supporting cast on defense and still put up big numbers.

Last edited:

"unless you believe Meriweather is a serviceable player"??? :eek: :eek: :eek:

Good GOD, man! Your entire post was complete nonsense, but THAT stanza definitely takes the cake!! :eek:

I was clearly addressing your idea of drafting a stud OLB, in which you decided that it was 'ignored'. The best pass rushing OLB prospect in this draft was taken far before we picked, unless you count Hughes, which I wonder how well he'll do as a OLB, but at this point we'll never know. Belichick clearly addressed what he believed to be our needs this draft.

And if you believe that our safety position is stacked and not worthy of addressing , then I completely disagree with you. I personally believe that Meriweather will always be a poor-mans Sharper. Bad in coverage, when hes not doing some 'ball hawking'. His tackling skills are also awful, and our other safety position the best player available is Sanders currently, and I don't know what hes capable of playing a full season with a rhythm. Theres always the option of throwing Chung in there. Despite his lack of playtime in an actual game doing his duties.

Also, I wasn't comparing him to Jared Allen, that's just you being a complete and utter idiot. I was clearly drawing a comparison that the majority of his stats came against one opponent, just like Jared Allen. They're obviously not on the same level, anyone could tell you that. Sacks aren't the measurement of a pass rushers effectiveness, in my opinion. That's just a statistically measurement of a teams ability to penetrate to the quarterback, QB pressure involving movement/collapsing the pocket, or forcing an early throw is just as important. TBC didn't have that.

And it wasn't a stanza, by the way.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back