PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Crable is ready, is he able?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Crable is ready,is he able?

A brick wall? I don't think Crable can run through a high school banner that says, "GO PATRIOTS!" without breaking a few ribs. ;)

I don't care who u are thats funny right there lol

That's why I'm surprised you brought it up, knowing the actual statistics are just a search away. Drafts are all numbers.

Why wouldn't I bring it up? You were wrong when we went through it in the past, and you admitted it once I showed you the data.

Last edited:
That's what I thought. Then how the hell is he "ready" for the season, lmao.
Another year and another bad article regarding Crable by a Pats reporter. When she said Crable was "McGinest massive" I thought he was going to be around 260. But when she said he was 245, I wanted to close the tab on my firefox.

Last edited:
How did she find out he is 245?

Why wouldn't I bring it up? You were wrong when we went through it in the past, and you admitted it once I showed you the data.

Maybe you need to explain your interpretation of the data again.

My understanding is 1s, 2, and 3, are high draft picks, 6 and 7's are low draft picks 7's being almost free agent level.

A 4th pick is better than no 4th pick and two fifth picks are better than one.

Belichick era drafts vs. Pitt through 2008

1.2..2..2..|3|...4....|.....5.....5.....66...... pitt

1.............|3|.........|.....5............66677 7 pat

Let's go back to 2007

2..2..|3|...4....|.....5.....5.....66...... pitt

...............................5............66677 7 pat

Last edited:
Shawn Crable shapes up - BostonHerald.com

Any positive signs in TC could certainly leap frog him over anyone who is currently ahead of him as in Cain,Burgess,Nincovich and even rookie Cunningham.

Good to see his weight is more distributed.

This guy is definately on the bubble and I hope he can at least show something,it would be sad to say he was never able to because he was always hurt before week 1.

It seems to me like his heart and desire is there as a pro...will his body be? remains to be seen.

His comment that he knows the playbook "better" kinda hit me funny. I would think his comment should have been something like "I know the playbook inside and out".

The Pats can put 2 hot tubs on ebay if Wheatley and Crable dont make the roster.

Maybe you need to explain your interpretation of the data again.

My understanding is 1s, 2, and 3, are high draft picks, 6 and 7's are low draft picks 7's being almost free agent level.

A 4th pick is better than no 4th pick and two fifth picks are better than one.

Belichick era drafts vs. Pitt through 2008

1.2..2..2..|3|...4....|.....5.....5.....66...... pitt

1.............|3|.........|.....5............66677 7 pat

Let's go back to 2007

2..2..|3|...4....|.....5.....5.....66...... pitt

...............................5............66677 7 pat

I'm not doing this again. You were wrong before. You admitted it. Move on.

No, the problem is that Bruschi had a stroke, Colvin never fully recovered from his hip injury and AdT either didn't fit in the system or declined as a player. As I've pointed out before, the Patriots and Steelers have taken a similar approach to the linebacker position in terms of the draft. The major difference between the two groups has been health.

None of those three LB's you listed were drafted by BB.

None of those three LB's you listed were drafted by BB.

I realize that, and I never claimed they were.

What is wrong with pointing out the fact that BB has failed to properly develop a stud OLB in his tenure? He struck gold with Vrable and after that literally nothing. Well unless you want to crow about TBC who is an average starter.

Even the best have weaknesses. IMO I think BB has too stringent demands for OLBs which ******s the progress of the entire defense. I've said it before but any defensive scheme that has no room for a Clay Matthews or Lamar Woodley might need some self-scouted evaluation.

Evolve or die.

Beautiful argument.

I applauded the original point, but I must applaud this counter-point, as well. :cool:

In a word: Coach Bill The Mad is a genius, and in fact: he is the very best.

And those who would disparage him as a fool are themselves fools, and ungrateful ones, at that.

But it does not follow that he is beyond reproach...And his persistent Madness, regarding OLB's, is infuriating. And there can be no disputing that some moves ~ such as the infamous trade of a 3rd and a 5th for Burgess ~ were horrible, the very moment he made them.

And for the Head Coach of a Dynasty that won 3 Super Bowls in 4 years by relying on ~ among other things ~ the Power and Fury of its OLB's to BLATANTLY and PERSISTENTLY ignore those positions for 3 long years ~ after 3 long years, previously, of blatantly and persistently ignoring our horrifying weakness at ILB ~ is MADDENING. :mad:

Beautiful argument.

I applauded the original point, but I must applaud this counter-point, as well. :cool:

In a word: Coach Bill The Mad is a genius, and in fact: he is the very best.

And those who would disparage him as a fool are themselves fools, and ungrateful ones, at that.

But it does not follow that he is beyond reproach...And his persistent Madness, regarding OLB's, is infuriating. And there can be no disputing that some moves ~ such as the infamous trade of a 3rd and a 5th for Burgess ~ were horrible, the very moment he made them.

And for the Head Coach of a Dynasty that won 3 Super Bowls in 4 years by relying on ~ among other things ~ the Power and Fury of its OLB's to BLATANTLY and PERSISTENTLY ignore those positions for 3 long years ~ after 3 long years, previously, of blatantly and persistently ignoring our horrifying weakness at ILB ~ is MADDENING. :mad:

:confused:

"ignored" since 2005:

Chad Brown
Monty Beisel
Wesley Mallard
Junior Seau
Adalius Thomas
Victor Hobson
TBC
Paris Lenon
Ryan Claridge
Jeremy Mincey
Justin Rogers
Oscar Lua
Jerod Mayo
Shawn Crable
Bo Ruud
Tyrone McKenzie
Brandon Spikes
Jermaine Cunningham

If he admitted he was wrong, why would he bring this up again? The numbers don't lie.

Were the Patriots the 6th best offense and 5th best defense in the NFL last year? If they were, you've got a lot of apologizing to do, given the amount of pissing and moaning you've done about the team.

As for why Ray is bringing it up again, you might try asking him.

Last edited:

:confused:

"ignored" since 2005:

Chad Brown
Monty Beisel
Wesley Mallard
Junior Seau
Adalius Thomas
Victor Hobson
TBC
Paris Lenon
Ryan Claridge
Jeremy Mincey
Justin Rogers
Oscar Lua
Jerod Mayo
Shawn Crable
Bo Ruud
Tyrone McKenzie
Brandon Spikes
Jermaine Cunningham
Aside from Thomas and maybe Seau, those FA pickups where pathetic and weren't expected to do much (if anything). Come on Deus, you know better. And their drafts pick from 2003-2006 were late rounders and only got lucky with Banta-Cain. Mayo, McKenzie, Spikes, Cunningham and Crable were the only significant ones on this list which started in 2008.

Last edited:

Don't know whether you saw my original post but never mind that. I get what you were saying, but the Pats should've started grooming replacements as their LB's were getting close to 30 or already over 30. It doesn't make much sense to draft replacements after your veterans are gone.

Exactly. Coach Bill II The Mad was THREE (3) YEARS behind the curve, in seeking out replacements at ILB, and, now, at OLB. :mad:

Were the Patriots the 6th best offense and 5th best defense in the NFL last year? If they were, you've got a lot of apologizing to do, given the amount of pissing and moaning you've done about the team.

As for why Ray is bringing it up again, you might try asking him.
5th best in what, points allowed? Stats are obviously deceiving as they were not the 5th best defense in the NFL. The problem with this defense is they can't get off the field on 3rd downs and still can't make stops in critical situations.

Last edited:

Aside from Thomas and maybe Seau, those FA pickups where pathetic and weren't expected to do much (if anything). Come on Deus, you know better. And their drafts pick from 2003-2006 were late rounders and only got lucky with Banta-Cain. Mayo, McKenzie, Spikes, Cunningham and Crable were the only significant ones on this list which started in 2008.

Perhaps you should look up the definition of ignored.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back