Crable, C. Taylor to IR

Status
Not open for further replies.

BadMoFo

Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal
Reaction score
Crable to IR
Link|Comments (0) Posted by Mike Reiss, Globe Staff September 5, 2009 07:12 PM

The Patriots announced that second-year linebacker Shawn Crable (groin) has been placed on season-ending injured reserve.

RB Chris Taylor (shoulder) has also been placed on IR.

The team confirmed earlier news that rookie OL George Bussey (knee) has been placed on IR.

Welcome to the team Rob Ninkovich.

Crable will need a heckuva offseason next year to keep his job.

Crable is a piece of s*** in my book! Enjoy hanging out with the Pats now because you will not be a Patriot in 2010. He's already damaged goods.

Is this the official "Crable is made of glass" thread. :singing:

Imagine how frustrated Crable must feel...

People who said the same thing about Marquise Hill felt really bad later.

BS, stop invoking the name of the dead to make a point........ People have EVERY RIGHT to vent (but not personally attack) the disappointment that is..... CRABLE.

Really poor taste to bring up Hill. :banned:

...yet Slater is NOT on IR. That's the shoe I expected to drop.

I hope the pats get rid of crable, he's been nothing but a dissapointment from day one. Waste of a training camp body, very fed up with him.

I hope the pats get rid of crable, he's been nothing but a dissapointment from day one. Waste of a training camp body, very fed up with him.

i think that he didnt pan out as they had hoped this year, and will give him one more final year to show what hes got....

i highly doubt he has an injury that is "season ending" just like last year....on that matter, same with taylor, who will be our BJGE next year (since fred wont be with us any longer)

Do you guys really think that the Pats stash healthy players on IR? I doubt it- I mean, I can see why they would IR a guy over a shorter-term injury if he was a fringe player, but if a guy's on the IR then he has a legit injury. So basically, you guys are calling Crable a piece of **** because he had the nerve to get injured. Which is stupid.

Christ, IR two years in a row? Crable must have wrecked that "groin" for him to miss the "entire season"...Anybody know what his injury record was like in college?

Last edited:
Please list all the patriot 1st and 2nd year players who have been put on IR and then became significant contributers to the team.

Yes, yes I do.

Yes, yes I do.

Healthy players, or fudge it a bit on the extent of their injury? Stashing a totally healthy player on the IR doesn't make very much sense, especially for a second year in a row. The first year, you could make the case that he just had to bulk up, and get into NFL shape, and learn some basics. By the second year, though, he's not going to improve unless he's practicing, and if he's simply garbage then you cut him. You're doing neither the team nor the player a favor by continuing to stunt his development when he could be practicing and getting better.

Since neither of these is likely the case, I'm thinking that Crable must be legitimately injured, as evidenced by the fact that he missed TC and preseason. Maybe it's an injury that wouldn't be IR-worthy if he was a more productive player, but in either case he's pretty clearly legitimately injured.

Last edited:
One more year to work out.
chickenlegs.jpg

lol @ chicken legs

but that's really too bad he got put on IR again. I had high hopes for Crable coming out of the draft. I just wish we could see him play a bit to see if he's worth IRing every year, but he can't even get on the dang field.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes