PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Cowher's comments

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've got to say that Tomase actually kind of annoys me with his seemingly buying into all of this "running of the score" BS. If you don't know what I mean:

Link

1) This isn't Tomase's only post on the subject
2) It seems just maybe John sides with the "Patriots have no class" crowd, especially from his remarks in the "comments" section.
3) He points out that one game from the Colts, but fails to realize in previous games this season Manning was throwing 35, and 45 yard TD's in the fourth quarter when they already had a big lead.
4) He's rude to some of the people posting comments within his blog, while suggesting Patriots fans should be nice to a rival fan who is himself being rude.

Wow! Can anyone here take a little criticism of their team? I'm a DIE-HARD Steelers fan, growing up in the Pittsburgh area, however I'm certainly not oblivious to when my team is making stupid calls, playing poorly, etc. If the Steelers were blowing a team out and leaving Ben on the field I'd be screaming mad, and you all SHOULD be too!

Cowher, (by the way, I don't defend his statements because he's Cowher) makes a valid point, and one that everyone in the world besides a Patriots fan is thinking. Why in the hell would you keep your starters in when you're blowing out a team 38-0?! Whether you people want to admit it or not, it's only asking for trouble! Why risk injury to your studs when the game is clearly in the bag? Really, this could be said for not only Brady, but players like Maroney, Moss etc. Take a moment and ask yourself honestly, when do you NEED a healthy Brady, Maroney, etc?? Now, when you're record is 7-0 and you're up by over 30 points against a team that's not even in your conference? Or in the PLAYOFFS, when the games REALLY matter??

Let's face it, nobody likes losing, much less being embarrassed by a 40 point deficit. Frustrations set in, tempers flare, and eventually someone IS going to take a shot at Brady if this continues. It's an unfortunate truth. I'm not hating on the Pats. They're unbelievably talented and really are looking to be unstoppable! But I know stupidity when I see it, and playing your starters with a huge lead in a relatively meaningless game like this is stupid. Sorry to burst anyone's bubble, but I call 'em like I see 'em.

Hmmm...no replies?! Suprising.....

there is a question on SI website asking if the Patriots keep running up the score ,will someone take out Brady?

more than 70% of the votes said yes. :eek:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back