PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Cowherd calls Pats "an average team"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who is Colin Cowherd? Any relation to Gretta Geesegaggle or Wenda Whalepod?

But is that what he did? I didn't hear the segment, but from what I read here I interpret it to mean that the defense is so suspect that not even Brady and the offense will be able to carry the team to elite status. I guess I should try to listen to it.

I didn't hear it either. I'm just going by the OP's comments. He didn't mention anything about the defense, and only mentioned the offense.

Another no-talent, boring, ESPN douchebag. I don't get why anybody listens to him.

I didn't hear it either. I'm just going by the OP's comments. He didn't mention anything about the defense, and only mentioned the offense.

I like to fill in the blanks with imaginary details that make me happier.

the next time i agree with cowherd will be the first. he's so all over the map with his opinions, he must have 10 different personalities.

I like to fill in the blanks with imaginary details that make me happier.

Personally, I like to pass judgment with as much venom as I can possibly muster.

Greetings,
Many publications have been suffering recently, partly due to crappy journalism. People like Cowherd exist because of their personalities, and not for reporting FACTS. To be honest I just cannot listen to his show for the life of me.
Peace,
Celticboy04

That's a laugh. Cowher underestimated the Pats the whole time he was a coach, so nothing new here. Let's start the season already and everybody can put their money where their mouth is.

That's a laugh. Cowher underestimated the Pats the whole time he was a coach, so nothing new here. Let's start the season already and everybody can put their money where their mouth is.

OOps. Note to self. Drink coffee BEFORE attempting to read the boards.

I love it how fans forget that Colin Cowherd, praises the Pats almost all the time, but when he says one negative thing about them, fans are in a uproar... He is right we are average until the defense comes of age.. Folks this is no 13-3 team, this may not be a 11-5 team this year.. so if your not used to the critical analysis, get used to it, because this teams theme song for 2010 is called growing pains.....

Exactly, he does praise the Pats 95% of the time, and living outside of Philly it is nice for me because he is a Belichick and Brady fan so I actually get to hear someone talk about another team other than the Eagles. I don't see what is that bad about what he said either because it is more than likely going to take an incredible offense to cover up for some of the defense.

Jacob

I love this board so much sometimes! Some people on here need to relax, media is allowed their opinions and guess what they can be against this team. Does every time someone says this team will not be good need to be posted?

Is Cowherd the guy on that awful ESPN show with the blonde girl?

I love this board so much sometimes! Some people on here need to relax, media is allowed their opinions and guess what they can be against this team. Does every time someone says this team will not be good need to be posted?

I posted this because his logic was that we didn't have the offensive players. I think he's entitled to say that his conclusion is that we are average because the offense may be great, but the D may be horrible. His logic was that the Offense was questionable.
It wasn't an informed opinion. If he had said, "they'll be a one dimensional offense and have to throw 50 times a game" I could at least respect that he had a basis for his opinion.

BTW - I rarely post here anymore, but I thought people might want to talk about this perception of the team from a guy that's got a national radio show and an ESPN TV show.

I posted this because his logic was that we didn't have the offensive players. I think he's entitled to say that his conclusion is that we are average because the offense may be great, but the D may be horrible. His logic was that the Offense was questionable.
It wasn't an informed opinion. If he had said, "they'll be a one dimensional offense and have to throw 50 times a game" I could at least respect that he had a basis for his opinion.

BTW - I rarely post here anymore, but I thought people might want to talk about this perception of the team from a guy that's got a national radio show and an ESPN TV show.

That is fine, but my point is that every single time someone says something negative it ends up on this board. Then people start complaining about that person.

Well, judging from the preseason and the players on the roster on both sides of the ball, the Pats look to have an above average offense and a below average defense...what does that make you? An "average" team...
I still say this defense doesn't look like it will be able to stop anyone with a decent quarterback...hope I'm wrong, but not counting on it...are the Pats still -4.5 on opening day? wow....

As a fan of this team I love this kind of talk by the media...please continue....

The Vegas line has little to do with the actual team...and everything to do with gamblers and their money.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back