Welcome to PatsFans.com

Cowher stepping down

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by dtbrks, Jan 4, 2007.

1. dtbrks

dtbrks Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

2. lobster

lobster Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

I recall that Cowher announced that at the beginning of the season that this would be his last season with the Steelers.
  3. DB15

DB15 Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

good coach, well respected, good guy, very young though, I bet he will be back one day
  4. fleabassist1

fleabassist1 Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

I was under the impression he never offically announced that - it was just speculation since after his superbowl... but I could be wrong.
  5. dtbrks

dtbrks Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I think he will be back in one year, possibly less if the right job comes along this year and the team is will to give up draft picks to the pitt, since they still have his rights for the next year
  6. lobster

lobster Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

Apparently you are correct that was the speculation but moving his family was a certainly very strong indication what his intentions were.
  7. jmt57

jmt57 Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +321 / 0 / -1

I think Cowher was upset that he didn't get a big pay day & long term contract after winning the Super Bowl; he wanted something comparable to what the coach he beat (Mike Holmgren) was getting. He played along for a while, expecting the Steeler's to fold but then they got off to a rotten start.

One year from now three or four teams will be in a bidding war for him. That is, unless Miami works out a deal with Pittsburgh and Cowher is the Dolphin's coach next year. Wayne Huizenga pretty much said we'll do any thing to win at the Saban press conference.