PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Cowboys & T.O. Vs. Eagles -The circus starts tomorrow=WHO CARES?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PATRIOT64

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
Does anyone think if the Patriots beat Miami by 50 or if all of the New England Players went out tomorrow on the field and played butt naked that we would still be overshadowed on the news by T.O. and the Circus in Philadelphia? I don't think ANY NFL teams performance or actions will overcome that media hype crap once the Dal-Phil games begins and till it ends and even several days afterwards.

I find it mildly entertaining for one reason: the Philly fans. If it was any other stadium and team I wouldn't care. Let's remember these are the same folks that cheered for a long time when it looked like Michale Irvin was paralyzed and booed Santa Claus. I'm sure the networks have been warned not to show rowdy/criminal behavior, but it should be an interesting game. For as much as I've been forced to here about Owens for the last year and a half at least this will come on the football field, with full contact!
Will it be overblown ad nauseum? sure but it already is so what's the option?

PATRIOT64 said:
Does anyone think if the Patriots beat Miami by 50 or if all of the New England Players went out tomorrow on the field and played butt naked that we would still be overshadowed on the news by T.O. and the Circus in Philadelphia?
Sure thing.

But you're right. Who cares?

ClosingTime said:
I find it mildly entertaining for one reason: the Philly fans. If it was any other stadium and team I wouldn't care. Let's remember these are the same folks that cheered for a long time when it looked like Michale Irvin was paralyzed and booed Santa Claus. I'm sure the networks have been warned not to show rowdy/criminal behavior, but it should be an interesting game. For as much as I've been forced to here about Owens for the last year and a half at least this will come on the football field, with full contact!
Will it be overblown ad nauseum? sure but it already is so what's the option?

The Philly fans even had a mock funeral for T.O. last year and looks like security has been beefed up this year thats a good move.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2616229

Last edited:
T-ShirtDynasty said:
Sure thing.

But you're right. Who cares?
Are those Culpepper quotes real?

I find it interesting that all the guys on ESPN kind of "eye roll" the fact that Philly/Dallas is going to be a circus.

YOU'RE THE ONES CREATING THE CIRCUS.

Patjew said:
Are those Culpepper quotes real?
:D The "grind board" one and the "crossing Ps and Qs" are two reported by patsfans here yesterday. Those two inspired me to channel my inner Culpepper for the rest. ;)

BradyisGod said:
I find it interesting that all the guys on ESPN kind of "eye roll" the fact that Philly/Dallas is going to be a circus.

YOU'RE THE ONES CREATING THE CIRCUS.
Not here in Philly
The fans (?) have been anticipating and hyping this game since the schedule
came out. In July they were selling T-shirts at Phillies game for $5 that said... well let's just say they were not PG rated and they sold out every time. Like a moth, Owens gravitates towrads the light and the spotlights shine at 4:15 Sunday.

i'm around the philly area. I actually used to live 5 minutes away from T.O until he moved:cool: The Fans are going nuts over here. That's all they are talking about. you'll be seeing a lot of harsh signs at the game

PATRIOT64 said:
Does anyone think if the Patriots beat Miami by 50 or if all of the New England Players went out tomorrow on the field and played butt naked that we would still be overshadowed on the news by T.O. and the Circus in Philadelphia? I don't think ANY NFL teams performance or actions will overcome that media hype crap once the Dal-Phil games begins and till it ends and even several days afterwards.

I care and so do a lot of other people. It's a great story. The guy who ruined the team coming back with the hated Cowboys. If you think there is a bigger story than that tomorrow, you're out of your mind. Of course, I'm sure you won't watch the game, the highlights and the post-game quotes because you don't care, right?

I agree that if the patriots beat Miami 40-3, it will not be a big story nationally. Why should it be? A top 5 team beating a bottom 5 team is not a story. That's what is supposed to happen.

The Philly-Dallas game is an important game in the division betweem two teams with reasonable sights at the NFC championship game. The TOP situation makes it even more interesting to everyone.

I normally am not interested in TO or the Eagles, but there is no way I would miss this game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes