PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Cowboys ST Captain/SS Keith Davis?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DisgruntledTunaFan

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
*ugh* If he leaves, it would be a huge loss for us b/c he's not only our ST ace, but one of the few members on our squad that provides alot of trickle-down leadership and heart. Not to mention too when he came in for the injured Roy Williams and Pat Watkins at SS, he played very well(including a goal line stanz at Pitt last year-too bad we blew the game at the end).

Weren't there some on this board that eluded to how the Pats needed an upgrade on ST?

Give me KD any day of the week
11:02 AM Tue, Mar 10, 2009 | Permalink | Yahoo! Buzz
Brian Davis E-mail News tips

Calvin asked earlier whether you'd rather have Keith Davis or Kevin Burnett. Let me be clear up front that I have no issue with Burnett. It's too bad the Cowboys probably won't be able to keep him, because he can do a lot of things.

That being said, for this team right now, I'd much rather have a blue-collar tough guy like Davis. OK, maybe he's not a future Hall of Fame safety. He's not Ronnie Lott. We get that. But he is a guy who can play some defense and WANTS to play special teams. Not only that, the guy BLEEDS Cowboys blue.

Davis will be in Baltimore today for the Ed Block Courage Award dinner. This PDF is a list of all the winners this season. I'll never forget talking to KD after the Steelers game where he played through an injury. The guy could barely get his pants on without almost crying.

So give me Keith Davis. If the Cowboys had more players like him, I'm guessing the 12-year non-playoff streak wouldn't be that long.

Can I assume from this that KD is a free agent or on the trading block?

*ugh* If he leaves, it would be a huge loss for us b/c he's not only our ST ace, but one of the few members on our squad that provides alot of trickle-down leadership and heart. Not to mention too when he came in for the injured Roy Williams and Pat Watkins at SS, he played very well(including a goal line stanz at Pitt last year-too bad we blew the game at the end).

Weren't there some on this board that eluded to how the Pats needed an upgrade on ST?

Give me KD any day of the week
11:02 AM Tue, Mar 10, 2009 | Permalink | Yahoo! Buzz
Brian Davis E-mail News tips

Calvin asked earlier whether you'd rather have Keith Davis or Kevin Burnett. Let me be clear up front that I have no issue with Burnett. It's too bad the Cowboys probably won't be able to keep him, because he can do a lot of things.

That being said, for this team right now, I'd much rather have a blue-collar tough guy like Davis. OK, maybe he's not a future Hall of Fame safety. He's not Ronnie Lott. We get that. But he is a guy who can play some defense and WANTS to play special teams. Not only that, the guy BLEEDS Cowboys blue.

Davis will be in Baltimore today for the Ed Block Courage Award dinner. This PDF is a list of all the winners this season. I'll never forget talking to KD after the Steelers game where he played through an injury. The guy could barely get his pants on without almost crying.

So give me Keith Davis. If the Cowboys had more players like him, I'm guessing the 12-year non-playoff streak wouldn't be that long.

BTW--do you see the Cowboys trying to extend Justin Rogers, or do you think they'll just give him a tender next year (he's currently slated to be an RFA, b/c he only signed a three-year deal)?

BTW--do you see the Cowboys trying to extend Justin Rogers, or do you think they'll just give him a tender next year (he's currently slated to be an RFA, b/c he only signed a three-year deal)?

I hope so b/c he's one heck of a ST player, and he gives us nice depth at LB.

Why don't you make like a tree, and get outta here!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back