PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Cowboys plan to bring the 'kitchen sink'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I'm definitely worried now. I was only expecting them to bring the bathroom sink.

Good. There will be a lot of dishes to wash when Wilfork and Haynesworth get done feasting on Romo.

i trust the O-line, i trust the rB's, and i also trust the recievers, te and otherwise....

bring it on, definitely will be a fun game, though i am much more concerned for the defense than the offense

but remember, last year we went 14-2, our two losses were to the two ryans

Kitchen sinks come with drains just like the one their season is going down with Tony Romo as their quarterback.

Brady is going to get the "Mooing Cow" effect on D , backed up by lots of coverage. We'll see if NE is really committed to running the ball, this may be the week we see whether they can take what the D gives them. Inspite of the fact that the favorable match ups are in the secondary.:bye2:

I think part of what helped the Browns defense last year was Brady still getting into sync with Branch ...

Seems that the Pats struggle with defenses that do a good job of hiding/executing the delayed blitz, the Green Beans always get to him with it as they did last week. We'll see if Rob does the same.

If SeaBass is back and we have a Solder Vollmer RT Swing... send every sink you want at us.:)

From what I have seen of them this year, the Cowboys are not good enough to sit back in coverage against the Pats, so an aggressive rush scheme would be their best option IMHO. In particular I am unimpressed by their safeties and linebackers in covering backs and TEs. I see a good day for Gronk, Hernandez, and Welker in this one (I know, I didn't list a Pats RB, but Woodhead and Ridley are question marks for me going into this game, I don't have a feel at all for how O'Brien deploys them).

While it's important to remember the performance of Rob Ryan's Cleveland defense last year against the Pats, I think the Pats are in better position to handle that - especially if Vollmer plays and is reasonably close to full strength. Dealing with Ware will be no picnic, that's for sure, but while the Pats have given up some pressures here and there (especially last week), in general that's been against teams with better secondaries than I think the Cowboys will put on the field Sunday. Also, say what you want for "The Rat," but I have to think his input was very significant in the Cleveland game last year, it wasn't just Rob Ryan i don't think.

Bigger question for me is whether the Pats D will make enough plays against the Cowboys O. I know Romo has been pretty bad in a couple of their gamees this year, but he will have Myles Austin back, and the combination of Romo's mobility and Witten's effectiveness in finding seams is what I'm most worried about.

No, not kitchen appliances. Last time someone brought kitchen appliances we lost the '85 superbowl.

The way to counter pressure is with runs, screens, and draws. I am hoping that BJGE is not facing turf toe. Still this may be a day for Ridley. Quick hitters and misdirection to take advantage of his burst. This also would be a good day for Woody to take a bunch of reps, some runs, some routes, and maybe a screen or two....

I do not scoff at Dallas' front 7. Our defensive front, however, still has to prove some things, or this really could be a redemption game for Romo.

This game could be a battle. I see a touchdown or less as the difference in this one.

Oh and Theo is a Cub.

Rex brought a fridge, two deep fryers, and an oven with him for last week's game.

Hopefully Bill O'Brien remembers how to call a screen play every now and then.

I hope the Cowboys bring the kitchen sink. They obviously missed the statistical improvement in Tom Brady when teams bring the heat.

Going to be a much tougher game than the jets

Brady had troubles last year vs cleveland when every single person was running around on D..they will do the same on sunday

Will have to get better at pre snap adjustments

Last edited:
I hope the Cowboys bring the kitchen sink. They obviously missed the statistical improvement in Tom Brady when teams bring the heat.

The pats are going to spread them out and go a lot of no huddle,inside the 50.I don't care that Rob Ryan is there,they have no answer for Welker or for Gronk/Hernandez threatening the Safety in the deep middle."Bringing the Kitchen Sink",against Brady,on the road is one thing....at home in Foxboro?......Good luck with that.No one has done it successfully since the jets* in 2009....and that was in the rain.....and on grass.The Dallas defense will look good for a time....they're very fast,especially at linebacker.However,they don't have nearly enough DB's to handle this relentless Patriot offense.:rocker:

If Ryan has the defense stand up and move around, just run the ball down their damn throats. Lets see how long they walk around like idiots for after that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes