PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Cowboys fine TO $9,500

Status
Not open for further replies.
OT: TO Fined By Cowboys

Fined for missing team meeting and rehab session. This could be interesting. I was sure he would be on his best behavior in his first year. Maybe we're due for some fireworks, followed by 24 hour news coverage of "TO, has he gone too far".

Re: OT: TO Fined By Cowboys

scout said:
Fined for missing team meeting and rehab session. This could be interesting. I was sure he would be on his best behavior in his first year. Maybe we're due for some fireworks, followed by 24 hour news coverage of "TO, has he gone too far".

This T.O. debacle has gone on too far. I no longer give a **** and am no lionger surprised by anything that man child does. The fact that the media and other fans of the N.F.L. even give this piece of **** the time of day is just a smack to the face of the REAL football fans. T.O., I dont care about T.O. I wanna know what's going on with D. Branch, find out how J. Seau is liking his new team. The fact that a player like T.O. can do as much as he has done and still find a job is ridiculous. Good luck Dallas, you get whatcha paid for.

Last edited by a moderator:
I knew this was going to happen. Some teams never learn, T.O. is a freaking cancer. Well if it were going to happen to anybody, I'm glad it happened to Jerry Jones, whom I despise even more than T.O. I wouldn't be surpised if he never plays a down for the Cowboys. You have to be happy for Theresa Glenn though, She's playing awesome in the preseason.

Not happy it happened to the Tuna though, one of my alltime favorite coaches.

Theresa Glenn seems to have turned his problems around under Tuna's tough love. T.O. on the other hand seems like he has to prove that no authority can control him.

T.O. + Tuna = nitro + glycerine

TO is still the best and will do what he did in Philly in Dallas. The question is just how far he will push Parcells. But Parcells wants him on that field, and wants to win this year...Gotta think Parcells wants to quit eventually!

With TO, they will be one of the top 5 teams in the league.

Seattle, Carolina, Dallas, Cincy, Pats

BlueHen said:
TO is still the best and will do what he did in Philly in Dallas.

You mean obliterate a franchise?

Last edited:
BlueHen said:
TO is still the best and will do what he did in Philly in Dallas. The question is just how far he will push Parcells. But Parcells wants him on that field, and wants to win this year...Gotta think Parcells wants to quit eventually!

With TO, they will be one of the top 5 teams in the league.

Seattle, Carolina, Dallas, Cincy, Pats
Parcells desparately wants to go out on top, to recapture the luster that was lost from his image when his former second banana, not only won a Super Bowl without him but won three, exceeding Tuna's total of two. This gives T.O. power over Tuna - T.O. knows Tuna knows T.O. is an exceptional talent and yes, he desparately wants him on the field. This gives T.O. leverage to be insubordinate - call attention to himself by wearing Tour De France outfit while not practicing, miss rehab sessions, etc., and T.O. knows this too.

So what we have here is a classic power struggle between T.O., motivated by his ego and his immense need for attention, and Parcells, motivated by his nature as a control freak (who has already been forced to yield control over the groceries to Jerry Jones) and his anxiety about his legacy. Who will win?

I don't think either one will. I think sooner or later T.O. will push Tuna past his breaking point and Tuna will explode. He will storm into Jerry's office and demand that T.O. be suspended, all the while knowing that so doing will diminish his chances of retrieving his former days of glory. In the end the Cowboys will come apart at the seams just like the 49ers and Eagles before them, Parcells, now 65, will resign with a forever damaged legacy, and T.O. will have three strikes against him barring even the most imprudent GMs from taking a chance on him again. Of course he will be laughing all the way to the bank where he keeps the $10M he extracted from Uncle Jerry on his way out of the NFL.

Of course it might not turn out that way, but I happen to think it's a very probable scenario.

Does anybody know if there is a Vegas line on whether the Cowboys cut T.O. before the season starts ? There must be - Vegas has a line on everthing. Or the other line on whether Parcells quits before the season starts.

They better cut him before they are on the hook for his 5M salary. They are out the 5M signing bonus no matter what. If they don't cut him before the season starts and they get so embroiled with him later that they just cut him, it will cost them the full 5M salary because it is guaranteed for a vet once the season starts.

Can you imagine - paying a guy 5M salary to wreck your team ? You know he's going to be stirring up unbelievable trouble with their QB situation and it's going to be a year long feud with Parcells. It might even get to the point where Parcells throws up his hands and walks out. Jones ego probably will never allow him to cut T.O. and admit a mistake, but that ego is going to cost him dearly.

i've said it before and I will say it again, T.O. will destroy the Cowboys. Although I don't think my prediction of TO destroying it before season opener will happen.

Pats.com...hmmm...I could really give a crap about T.O. or Dallas, the NFC or any of this trumped up media circus...why do any of you even care one scrotum hair what's going on in Dallas?

Joker said:
Pats.com...hmmm...I could really give a crap about T.O. or Dallas, the NFC or any of this trumped up media circus...why do any of you even care one scrotum hair what's going on in Dallas?
That's easy - I want to see Tuna fail. I still haven't forgiven him for what he did in 1997.

Joker said:

You must be new and missed the Patriots in the 1990's.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back