PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Cowboys at NY Jets - SNF game thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
IMO the Jets for some reason always play down to the level of their opponent. They have a Super Bowl-caliber roster but whether they're playing the Pittsburgh Steelers for the AFC title or the Buffalo Bills they always keep it close.

Romo should be fired right off the bat.

You know he'd probably just smile (like the air-headed, choke-artist, idiotic.. MAN I HATE TONY ROMO...) and walk away...Clueless. :mad:

What a strange team the Jets are. Every good team occasionally wins in wild, ugly ways, but have you ever seen a team do that consistently -- almost exclusively?

I won't dismiss it as mere luck. They tend to make the wild wooliness happen when they need it. But it's also hard to call them a good team when they generally look a hot mess and require multiple unlikely, game-changing plays in the last 10 minutes to pull out a win. Weird stuff.

Even Dungy is saying this game said more about Dallas than the JETS. The JETS couldn't have won if Dallas hadn't continued to make idiotic unforced errors.

The Jets could have packed it in and didn't while the Cowboys had the lead and shot their pants. You gotta give the Jets credit for that. They are a good team, but did just barely beat a team they should have crushed.

I had it penciled in as a decisive Jets win before the game and before they lost all their starting cbs. After that happened, I watched dumbfounded as Sanchez squandered good field position religiously, fervently avoiding any semblance of a long throw, consistently overthrowing receivers covered by cornerbacks accustomed to covering punts.

The official storyline will be "impressive Jets comeback".

Last edited:
Can anyone here imagine Brady smiling after a meltdown like that, not just once, but after EVERY FREAKIN' PLAY WHEN THEY ALL WENT WRONG?!?!?! I'd expect him to be on the waiver wire if he had an attitude like that in NE.

What a strange team the Jets are. Every good team occasionally wins in wild, ugly ways, but have you ever seen a team do that consistently -- almost exclusively?

I won't dismiss it as mere luck. They tend to make the wild wooliness happen when they need it. But it's also hard to call them a good team when they generally look a hot mess and require multiple unlikely, game-changing plays in the last 10 minutes to pull out a win. Weird stuff.

of course Jets fans think that Sanchez and crew are amazingly clutch

Instead of Revis Island someone should dial up Revis Only Rules....with a chapter on how this extends to their other corner Cromartie...I guess holding clutching and physically altering routes beyond 5 yards of the LOS is perfectly legal for the Jets secondary...it's just the rest of the league that plays by a different set of rules.

That being said, the Jets took advantage...especially Revis.....

One positive for our Patriots is, looks like it will be pretty easy to pressure Sanchez and hit him hard in the pocket this year. Make no mistake about it, he took a real beating tonight...if this keeps up he'll be in a body cast by game 8.

Let's see. My tight end takes the ball to the three. My lead back gets to the one. Its second and goal from the one, and, with three cracks to score, I come out in the spread formation because my scatter-armed quarterback has played so well. Not. Then when three points might be something, this same QB heads for goal, does not protect the ball, and fumbles. Later, up seven, my punt protector is right behind the line of scrimmage and thus allows a Jet to barrel up the middle to block the kick. Overtime is looming, but it is possible just to get the ball to the 30 for a field goal, and this same QB, on first down, rolls right and throws the ball right to Revis. Are you kidding me?

Obviously the championship caliber JETS intimidated Dallas into all those braindead, unforced errors by sheer force of will...

How can you guys hate Tony Romo when he has such boyish charms and childlike enthusiasm? He's practically Brett Favre but possibly even worse.

Imagine if Dallas had a good QB..they would be one hell of a team

Dallas Lost this game. they handed it over to the jets. I'll timed penalties and turnovers kill you and having a dumb ass qb who just giggles after he blows the game is not good for anyone.....except the opponent

I seriously think Dallas should try trading Romo and start over.

How can you guys hate Tony Romo when he has such boyish charms and childlike enthusiasm? He's practically Brett Favre but possibly even worse.

And he is brother-in-law to that guy from Gossip Girls. So your wife or girlfriend like him too.

He doesn't dress snazzy in GQ or troll for high school girls at Justin Beiber concerts like Sanchez though. So that is a big black mark against him.

Give the Jets credit, they are there when the other team folds. they are a good team, they played well and we better be ready to kick their ass.

Thankfully, we don't have poser clowns like Romo, though.

Couldn't agree more Ray. They don't give up. That's what we need. It seems when we're playing from behind we don't have the same toughness. I hope this year is different. I want to see Brady going down the bench firing up his team mates.

Nice competitive game between 2 teams headed for 8-8.

Imagine if Dallas had a good QB..they would be one hell of a team

Dallas would do well to have a quarterback who is an asset and not a liability. Romo just single-handedly lost the game for the Cowboys. Trade them Hoyer for Ware.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes