PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Cowboys and Patriots

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Cowboys are the Chargers without the talent, fundamentals, or discipline.

One would think that everyone would be aware that the elite pass rushing OLB works against dreg offenses.

Sanchize put up 350+ yards on them.

What are you talking about? The Chargers are disciplined? That has to be the funniest thing I read on this board. The Chargers under Norv have underachieved every year because of their dumb mistakes and undisciplined play.

I would also challenge you on the Chargers having more talent. The Cowboys are loaded on offense. When healthy the Cowboys are better and deeper at receiver. Witten is better than Gates right now also. On defense I would also give the edge to the Cowboys because of Ware.

The only advantage I see is Rivers over Romo, and that is only because Rivers doesn't make as many bonehead plays as Romo.

If Tony Romo is playing expect him to throw a ton of INTs. :rocker:

What are you talking about? The Chargers are disciplined? That has to be the funniest thing I read on this board. The Chargers under Norv have underachieved every year because of their dumb mistakes and undisciplined play.

I would also challenge you on the Chargers having more talent. The Cowboys are loaded on offense. When healthy the Cowboys are better and deeper at receiver. Witten is better than Gates right now also. On defense I would also give the edge to the Cowboys because of Ware.

The only advantage I see is Rivers over Romo, and that is only because Rivers doesn't make as many bonehead plays as Romo.

I was being facetious.

The Cowboys are even less disciplined than the Chargers.

No, the Cowboys aren't deeper at WR receiver. TE is a wash. The Cowboys are grossly inferior at Oline and inferior at RB.

Romo vs Rivers?

Giving the defensive edge to Dallas is absurd. You grossly overestimate Ware's value. A common problem at patsfans.com. Their secondary is grossly inferior.

Romo will have a career day like Henne and Campbell. Expect big yardage in the 4th quarter down 3 TD's.

To be honest, I am bracing myself for a loss given that Ryan, who already got the better was our O when he was in Cleveland, has an extra week to prepare and that Dallas is searching for a solid game to steady their ship.

Though I expect our D to continue improving, it is too early to expect them to win a game if our O falters.

Last edited:
To be honest, I am bracing myself for a loss given that Ryan, who already got the better was our O when he was in Cleveland, has an extra week to prepare

I keep hearing this and I ain't buyin' it. I remember the game pretty well and I don't remember the Browns defense doing anything special. Brady didn't have a great game but it seemed like he was just missing his targets rather than no targets being available.

The Gronk kickoff muff cost them a possession and the Gronk fumble likely cost them a TD before half. 2nd half penalties seemed to kill 2 promising drives near midfield. In addition, the Browns running game allowed them to have an outrageous TOP advantage.

Add in the fact that Brady was still breaking in most of his targets (BranchV2.0, Gronk, Hernandez, Tate, Woodhead). The Pats post-Moss offense hadn't gelled yet.

That was the reality of the Cleveland game last year. None of that is likely to be a part of Sunday's game. The Cowboys absolutely could win Sunday, but the reason won't have anything to do with the likable Ryan, any "amoeba" defense or a secret formula for rattling Brady. It will take an efficient offense, clean special teams play and a pressure defensive front with a smart/opportunistic backfield behind it. The Ryan brothers don't own this formula and (as the Jets just proved) pulling it off is easier said than done.

To be honest, I am bracing myself for a loss given that Ryan, who already got the better was our O when he was in Cleveland, has an extra week to prepare and that Dallas is searching for a solid game to steady their ship.

Though I expect our D to continue improving, it is too early to expect them to win a game if our O falters.

Although I am not as confident this week in the Pats winning as I was last week, I think people are overplaying the Rob Ryan factor. He was defensive coordinator of the Raiders tin 2005 when the Pats beat them 30-20 and when they beat them 49-26 in 2008 (although that was Cassel instead of Brady).

This could easily be the toughest offense the pats have faced so far .Not a good matchup vs our secondary.

Cowboys skill players are good, but the Boys offensive line is not nearly as good as the Pats offensive line. Pats have an awesome offensive line, nearly uncoverable tight ends, and pretty good receivers, Welker being one of the best in the game right now. Benny and Ridley are capable of getting it done on the ground, but the Cowboys strength is their run D so we'll have to see how that matchup goes.

So basically Cowboys have good receivers, not so great OL, and above average QB in Romo. Pats defense will need to step up and get a few stops. Hopefully we can get some pressure on Romo and force some turnovers. If Romo coughs up the ball, the Pats could easily be rolling up a big win in this game.

I think Brady will rip apart their D...Ware scares me however

I'm expecting a key turnover or two from Romo. At the end of the game, he may have thrown for 300 plus yards, maybe even a few touchdowns, but he WILL make the big mistake.

I can't frickin wait for this game! I am a little nervous about DeMarcus Ware & Rob Ryan's D surprising the Pats. But it should be very entertaining!

Don't worry boys, dinner is on me.
tumblr_ls77dqmpAV1r3yxzno1_500.jpg

The Cowboys are the Chargers without the talent, fundamentals, or discipline.

One would think that everyone would be aware that the elite pass rushing OLB works against dreg offenses.

Sanchize put up 350+ yards on them.

I'd say that the Cowboys are more talented than the Chargers (by some stretch as well), but are just bigger under-achievers.

Although I am not as confident this week in the Pats winning as I was last week, I think people are overplaying the Rob Ryan factor. He was defensive coordinator of the Raiders tin 2005 when the Pats beat them 30-20 and when they beat them 49-26 in 2008 (although that was Cassel instead of Brady).

I keep hearing this and I ain't buyin' it. I remember the game pretty well and I don't remember the Browns defense doing anything special. Brady didn't have a great game but it seemed like he was just missing his targets rather than no targets being available.

The Gronk kickoff muff cost them a possession and the Gronk fumble likely cost them a TD before half. 2nd half penalties seemed to kill 2 promising drives near midfield. In addition, the Browns running game allowed them to have an outrageous TOP advantage.

Add in the fact that Brady was still breaking in most of his targets (BranchV2.0, Gronk, Hernandez, Tate, Woodhead). The Pats post-Moss offense hadn't gelled yet.

That was the reality of the Cleveland game last year. None of that is likely to be a part of Sunday's game. The Cowboys absolutely could win Sunday, but the reason won't have anything to do with the likable Ryan, any "amoeba" defense or a secret formula for rattling Brady. It will take an efficient offense, clean special teams play and a pressure defensive front with a smart/opportunistic backfield behind it. The Ryan brothers don't own this formula and (as the Jets just proved) pulling it off is easier said than done.

'likable'?? Hmm...confusing respect with like, are you? :)

Browns might not have done anything special against us last season, but I am looking at the fact that Ryan (the Cowboy :)) did have something smart and surprising enough after their bye week that stalled our O and did enough with their O in terms of TOP to pull out a solid W.

And, Ryan has now seen how Brady, with his TEs, handled the Jets last week inspite of being sacked more than usual. So, he has a better idea of what worked and what didn't.

Rob - fine point about the prior games. Who knows, maybe Mangini helped Ryan devise a better plan last season by giving him some inside tips. Hopefully he doesn't remember those tips. ;) Btw, doesn't Ryan have better players this time with the Cowboys than what he had with the prior teams?

IMO: with a bye week, and the added motivation to make this a statement game, Cowboys are going to do their best and involve more trickery/surprises to get a W.

That said, I hope that you both are right and I am wrong. :)

IMO: with a bye week, and the added motivation to make this a statement game, Cowboys are going to do their best and involve more trickery/surprises to get a W.

That said, I hope that you both are right and I am wrong. :)

Unfortunately I don't think you're wrong. You made an excellent point there- with an extra bye week, Rob has does have extra time to plan something special (and it doesn't help that his brother played us on the bye).

They did do something special in Cleveland- not only did the entire D carry out an excellent designed game plan, but they played very disciplined; they didn't fall for Brady's hard count once, and that's saying something because Brady loves to use it to get the D to tip its hand and sell the blitz. I think we'll continue to see this.

I believe it'll be a low-scoring game, perhaps our only under-30 points game of the year.

And also, yes this is a big statement game for them- a big chance for them to turn things around and start doing things the right way. If we beat them, we will ruin their season, and if we ruin their season, Romo will be expendable. Hopefully he doesn't realize this, and I don't think he will- he's never struck me as someone who's deadly serious about this game.

My Five Keys To Victory For The Patriots Against The Cowboys

My Five Keys To Victory For The Patriots Against The Cowboys
By: Russ Goldman

The Patriots are back in action to face the Cowboys on Sunday, and read my 5 keys that I hope will lead to a Patriots victory....

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye