PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Cowboys and Patriots

Status
Not open for further replies.

E1Downey

2nd Team Getting Their First Start
Reaction score
Hello all! I really enjoyed the victory yesterday, but just wanted to gather some thoughts on the upcoming game. (sorry if it's a bit early) This game is interesting on a few different levels.

First off, it will be interesting to see how Brady and Co. Handle their second Ryan in a row. This D is no joke And you just know those two piggies (the ryan s) will be conferring, probably a couple of times throughout the week. Rex needs to focus on Miami yes, but since his beloved jets couldn't beat the pats, he is going to need the help he requested from other teams now more than ever. Our O line has been great, but Ware is one scary man. Will be fun to watch.

Secondly, I'm more concerned about Romo and his targets gaining some big time yardage and possibly points against our Defense. Yes our crew looked better yesterday, but this certainly isn't the offense of the jets lol. Austin and Bryant have looked really well for the most part. And if Romo doesn't puke this game away, then the defense could be in for a very long day. Yes romo has been a little scitzo this year, but he is more than capable of having a career day against us.

On the flip side, the patriots have been getting better as the weeks go on I feel. (ignoring the debacle in buffalo) now that they have proven they can be a tough balanced team, they seem more unstoppable on O than when Brady throws for a thousand yards. I honestly think this game can go either way, especially with Dallas having an extra week of preparations.

Yesterday was a wonderful win, and i was more than thrilled to see the pats close out a game, and run a balanced attack they way they did, but I Would love to here some early week thoughts on this upcoming game. Thanks guys!

I look for a ding dong battle with this game being the highest total points game for the Pats so far this year.

I am concerned that Romo has his back against the wall and wants desperately to show Jones and the team and fans that he is a good QB...Hope his performance does not show it but I expect him to be much better than he was recently.

I think the OL is going to have thier hands full with Ware & Co.....Rex Ryan has no pass rush on his team..Rob Ryan does.

Close game down to the wire...team with the fewest turnover wins.

Re: Cowboys and Aliens

I just hope it's entertaining and not a megaflop like "Cowboys And Aliens"

Last edited:
I look for a ding dong battle with this game being the highest total points game for the Pats so far this year.

I am concerned that Romo has his back against the wall and wants desperately to show Jones and the team and fans that he is a good QB...Hope his performance does not show it but I expect him to be much better than he was recently.

I think the OL is going to have thier hands full with Ware & Co.....Rex Ryan has no pass rush on his team..Rob Ryan does.

Close game down to the wire...team with the fewest turnover wins.

Got to agree, turnovers are so freaking important each and every week, but this week especially I think we either live or die by them.

The Cowboys are -5 in takeaways and have given up 39 points off of turnovers through four games - almost ten points per game. Spot Brady 30 and give the Pats ten more and it does not look good for the Cowboys at Gillette.

The Cowboys ought to start DeMarcus Ware in the backfield so that they have someone to tackle Vince Wilfork as he rumbles and bumbles towards the end zone.

Austin is still out right?

Stop Bryant and the D should be in good shape

Hello all! I really enjoyed the victory yesterday, but just wanted to gather some thoughts on the upcoming game. (sorry if it's a bit early) This game is interesting on a few different levels.

First off, it will be interesting to see how Brady and Co. Handle their second Ryan in a row. This D is no joke And you just know those two piggies (the ryan s) will be conferring, probably a couple of times throughout the week. Rex needs to focus on Miami yes, but since his beloved jets couldn't beat the pats, he is going to need the help he requested from other teams now more than ever. Our O line has been great, but Ware is one scary man. Will be fun to watch.

This was mentioned in another thread, that Rob would be bending Rex's ear for info, but I just don't see that happening. Rob Ryan has "INSIDE" information in that he worked for BB for 4 years. Contrary to other opinions, Rob did well in Oakland (staying through 4 head coaching changes) and did decently enough in Cleveland.

The Dallas Front 7 is very stout. Ratliff is one of the most under-rated NTs in the league. Spears has come into his own this year and Coleman is doing pretty good. The LBers are where Dallas is the strongest with Ware, Spencer, Lee, and James.

Dallas' run defense is the best in the league right now, only allowing 62 yards per game. Teams also are running near a league low of only 19.8 runs per game. The Pats MIGHT be able to capitalize on this. I haven't watched the Dallas D to see if its more because the pass coverage is bad or because they are that good.

Secondly, I'm more concerned about Romo and his targets gaining some big time yardage and possibly points against our Defense. Yes our crew looked better yesterday, but this certainly isn't the offense of the jets lol. Austin and Bryant have looked really well for the most part. And if Romo doesn't puke this game away, then the defense could be in for a very long day. Yes romo has been a little scitzo this year, but he is more than capable of having a career day against us.

Dallas top 3 WRs are very potent. Dez Bryant, Miles Austin and Laurent Robinson are the best top 3 receiver grouping the Pats will have faced this season. I don't know why Robinson couldn't stick with the Rams or San Diego, but the guy just produces.

The key will be shutting down Witten while pressuring Romo. If the Pats can do that the way they did with Philip Rivers, then the Pats should win the game.

On the flip side, the patriots have been getting better as the weeks go on I feel. (ignoring the debacle in buffalo) now that they have proven they can be a tough balanced team, they seem more unstoppable on O than when Brady throws for a thousand yards. I honestly think this game can go either way, especially with Dallas having an extra week of preparations.

While Dallas does get an extra week to get ready for the Pats, the Pats have thrown a monkey wrench at them with their performance against the Jets. Up until this week, the Pats really hadn't shown their running game. This week, the Pats HIGHLIGHTED it. Basically saying, "Hey Rob, here's a heads up for your, we CAN run the ball."

Dallas's DBs are a mishmash. Terence Newman, when healthy, is very good. Orlando Scandrick isn't as bad as people make him out to be. Sensabaugh is a pretty decent vet as is Frank Walker. Can they be beat in the passing game? Hell yes. Especially if the Pats go with the no-huddle 2TE/2WR/1RB set and prevent the Cowboys to substitute. But, the Pats will have to make sure to keep it relatively balanced.. If they don't, it could cost them.

Austin is still out right?

Stop Bryant and the D should be in good shape

No. Miles Austin should be ready to go. And don't over-look Laurent Robinson or Ogletree.

Romo has to have a great game this year, just hope it isn't this week. How about if the Pats blow the Cowboys out early. Then, they showcase Mallet who plays brilliantly....Jerry, Jerry, Jerry.....

Dallas secondary is suspect.

I think we shut Witten down using bracket coverage. Same as last time we faced them.

This one time, we veer away from the run game and go pass-heavy.

As long as we stay turnover free and allow the Cowboys to turn the ball over as they are prone to do, I don't see why we shouldn't win.

My only worry is that the Cowboys are going to treat this like a superbowl. They just came off a 24 point loss, going into the bye, and another loss would just put them in the cellar, psychologically speaking.

Dallas secondary is suspect.

I think we shut Witten down using bracket coverage. Same as last time we faced them.

This one time, we veer away from the run game and go pass-heavy.

As long as we stay turnover free and allow the Cowboys to turn the ball over as they are prone to do, I don't see why we shouldn't win.

My only worry is that the Cowboys are going to treat this like a superbowl. They just came off a 24 point loss, going into the bye, and another loss would just put them in the cellar, psychologically speaking.

I hate playing teams coming off of the bye..even if it is the cowboys..they are still mad about that last loss. I think we still win however

If the Cowboys rushing defense is as good as the stats indicate, (1st, 61.8ypg)
then the Pats will do what they did against the Steelers last year. Pass 75% of the time, but the 25% they run will be effective. (BJGE had about 90 rushing yards)

I don't like this matchup. Austin being back is big, and I have no idea how we cover Witten, Austin, and Bryant together. Luckily their secondary and offensive line are both atrocious.

I am going to be really interested to see how Solder holds up against a guy like Ware. I have been impressed with his production to day but this will be his greatest test yet.

Same story every year tho, Dallas have a great team on paper... can they put the performance out on the park?

The only thing worrying me about this game is Ware. They need to provide on that side and keep Brady on his feet.

1. The sweeps we have been executing would be good against a solid NT in Ratliff.

2. Romo can be tricked in zone coverage.

3. Keep Romo contained in pocket. I think BB will prevent him from running.

4. There will be a lot of chipping from Gronk or Hernandez on Ware.

5. Expect Chung to take out Witten

6. Expect the secondary to give some cushion to prevent big plays and wait for Romo to make a mistake.

7. We have to improve our middle zone coverage. Austin could kill us there. We might see more of Guyton-Fletcher, than Spikes.

8. Their special teams is much better than ours.

9. Garrett will not out coach BB. The Cowboys will live and die by Romo.

10. I hope we put a 50-burger on America's Team

We need to finish the tackles-especially when pass rushing. Homo has the ability to through some bombs to his athletic receivers-especially in busted plays.

We will miss Mayo but I hope we get some good play from the other LB's.

We have to play harder,tackle better and be quicker. The schedule only gets better.

The 25th ranked Dallas rushing attack is only slightly better than the Jets' - 86 yards/game (compared to New England's 129 yards/game - 6th best in the NFL).

This puts greater pressure on Tony "Oops!" Romo.

I wonder how many INT's Romo will throw in the 3rd and 4th qtr.

Re: Cowboys and Aliens

LOL@ The Jets not having a pass rush..lol..It should def be a fun game. I think the Pats will go back to throwing it though..lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes