PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Cowboys agreed to terms with Leonard Davis for $50 million

Status
Not open for further replies.

broadwayjoe

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
Cowboys agreed to terms on a seven-year, $50 million contract with G/T Leonard Davis. The deal includes $18 million in bonuses.

Being a draft bust pays off. No team has spent more on their offensive line than Dallas, and it hasn't really worked to this point. Davis had motivation problems in Arizona, but his versatility will help a Cowboys line that currently has spots open at right tackle and right guard

http://blog.washingtonpost.com/nflinsider/2007/03/l_davis_signing_is_cowboys_lat.html

Somebody must think this guy can play maybe going back to Texas will help awaken him.

Last edited:
Some think he will be a very good guard, questioning why Dennis Green moved him to left tackle when that seemed to put him out of position. (though he did play that at Texas)

I'll hold off on judgement for this signing until I see how he does this year. I think he might be a surprise.

Wow, sounds like an exhorbitant amount of money for a guy who, from what I've read, hasn't shown much in his career.

I think they should spend the money a holder:D :eek: ;)

Wow, sounds like an exhorbitant amount of money for a guy who, from what I've read, hasn't shown much in his career.

I think they had a huge need there - and I've always liked Leonard Davis - but I always liked him as someone I thought could be had affordably because he has underachieved - If I were a Cowboy fan I wouldn't be all that happy to see $50 million heading his way

wow they are getting some serious hogs. Flozell and Davis combine for 700lbs plus

they might be trying to copy their line from the early 90s

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye