Welcome to PatsFans.com

Cowards At Yale

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Harry Boy, Sep 8, 2009.

1. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +488 / 2 / -9

Yale and other Cowards didn't bat an eye when the Liberal Art World fawned and gushed over a statue of Jesus Christ Floating In A Bottle Of P!ss, but Muslim Cartoons scare the sh!t out of the Cowardly Bastards.

The president of Yale is probably afraid he'll be "Beheaded"...:singing:

Oh God, Don't Offend Those Muslims........:eek:
    Yale criticized for nixing Muslim cartoons in book - Yahoo! News
  2. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +170 / 4 / -4

I agree with you, Harry. They should have included the cartoons.

By the way, according to Wikipedia, "Sister Wendy Beckett, an art critic and Catholic nun, stated in a television interview with Bill Moyers that she regarded the work as not blasphemous but a statement on "what we have done to Christ" - that is, the way contemporary society has come to regard Christ and the values he represents."

I don't know if you're familiar with Sister Wendy, but she's quite the lady, a totally devout nun who has a profound appreciation for art. She has written several popular art books and has narrated several documentaries on art.
  3. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

Personally, I believe it serves NO constructive purpose to belittle or denigrate ANY religion. Broad-stroke stereotyping of religious people is wrong, as there are good and bad in every religious group, as there are in every other demographic group you can choose.

So, no inflamatory cartoons about Muslims and no "Piss Christ"'s, either. None, period.

//
  4. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +239 / 8 / -26

Was your so called "piss christ in a bottle" shown at Yale???
  5. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +488 / 2 / -9

Nope, a museum in NYC (art) all I am doing is pointing out my favorite gripe again "the double standard in America" between Islam & Christianity (slam jesus but hands off allah) (slam the rednecks but hands off the gang bangers) COWARDLY POLITICALLY CORRECT PHONYISM.

WHO IN AMERICA WOULD DARE TO PUT A RELIGOUS SYMBOL OF ISLAM IN A JAR OF URINE.....

READ PATTERS AND FOGS POSTS THEY ARE BOTH EXACTLY RIGHT, NO MANS RELIGION SHOULD BE TRASHED THE WAY SOME DO TO CHRISTIANITY BUT THE COWARDICE THAT GOD BASHERS SHOW IN THEIR "LOOKING THE OTHER WAY" WHEN IT COMES TO THE MUSLIM RELIGION IS DISGUSTING.

COWARDS ARE RUNNING THE SHOW AT YALE.
  6. godef

godef Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

That's just too deep for the righties on this board.

"Hey you, stop burning the flag!!!"
  7. sdaniels7114

sdaniels7114 Rookie

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

I don't know how hard you can be on Yale for not wanting their students to get blown up. People should be able to pick their own battles.
  8. Wildo7

Wildo7 Totally Full of It

Ratings:
    +39 / 2 / -0

I would. [​IMG]

Why shouldn't religion be bashed the same way communism or capitalism or any other ideology is bashed by those who don't like it? A belief system based on superstition seems ripe to be trashed just like any other ideology or set of beliefs. The religious seem to be the only ones who can't take their beliefs being trashed while they run around slamming every other equally silly set of fairy tales. For some reason religious garbage is ok to proselytize about but not to criticize the same way any other beliefs are. Talk about PC.
    Last edited: Sep 8, 2009
  9. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

I have nothing to do with it.

Anyhoo, church clergy wants a say in the political process, popular culture or legislation? Fine. Tell them to pay taxes like everyone else and they'll have a voice.
  10. Wildo7

Ratings:
    +39 / 2 / -0

Bingo. Another ridiculous outrage that is never brought up in mainstream discussion; why the eff do religions get tax exemptions?
  11. alvinnf

alvinnf Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 1 / -0

It should'nt be bashed just taxed! Talk about your cash cow, we could buy all that debt back from China in no time?
  12. Wildo7

Ratings:
    +39 / 2 / -0

we finally agree ;)
  13. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

They should be taxed so we won't have to bash them. Taxing religions in America would make them wither away and die, and then we would have that to talk about anymore. The Pope would have to sell all his churches and schools. The other Christians would be screwed, too. I'd bet the only religion that would be left would be the Jews, Wiccans, and, of course, the Consumptionists.
  14. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +488 / 2 / -9

Believe it or not I agree too, Organized Religion is big business.
  15. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

Because they are supposed to exist for the public benefit and well-being of all. Most strive for that -- some more than others -- and many do it sincerely. For example, Jesus set a very high example of love for others, even his enemies. That's as non-partisan as a person can be. Thus, he deserves a break today .... and forever; so do all who follow in his footsteps.

//
  16. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

that's all really great.... but we were talking about taxes ... you know, and the clergyMEN
  17. alvinnf

alvinnf Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 1 / -0

In most cases they generate huge revenues for new buildings and facilities, which benefit their communities. I think they can spare a little! It would also weed out some of the smaller more fringe religous groups whom are only in it to make a buck. We would have more money for healthcare reform? I said healthcare reform, god I'm funny!
    Last edited: Sep 9, 2009
  18. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

Love your ringing endorsement -- "... that's all really great..." .... :rolleyes:, .... nonetheless, if you revisit the original question Wildo asked, it is about "religions", NOT "clergy".

But, though you have shunted the issue onto a different rail, I will happily answer it anyway ... :D:

Maybe you don't realize it -- or maybe you just forgot -- but clergymen/women are just like anybody else when it comes to taxes: they should pay taxes on their personal incomes. I pay taxes on my personal income .... always have. Rev. Moon pays taxes on his personal income..... always has. The clergy I know pay their due taxes, as good citizens of whatever countries they live in.

Due to the public nature of the work of religions they have always enjoyed tax-exempt status in America and most other nations that I know about. Religions exist to educate, to serve, to help others. The numbers of hospitals, schools, universities and other beneficial works religions have done over the centuries are too numerous to mention, but just one example is that almost all of the "Ivy league schools" were founded as education centers for young people to learn about religion and philosophy. Though the curriculum branched out extensively over the years, that was the original purpose of starting those colleges/universities.

//
  19. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

You don't know tax law very well. Purely secular activities, like owning and running a huge building for purely commercial purposes, requires appropriate taxes be paid; if the owners do not pay the taxes due then they are liable as anyone else who does not follow the law.

If the Catholic Church owns the Empire State Building, for example -- although they do NOT, as far as I know -- they would be liable for paying due taxes just the same as if you or I owned that building.

Don't know where you get your antipathy toward religions, but you certainly do not know how property tax law works from what you say here.

//
  20. alvinnf

alvinnf Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 1 / -0

I was just using the building to show the revenue stream these organizations have.