Welcome to PatsFans.com

Cowardly Obama Hides As The World Burns

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Wolfpack, Mar 16, 2011.

1. Wolfpack

Wolfpack Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Well I have to hand it to Hillary. She sure knew what she was talking about when she made the commercial warning us all about how Obama just wasn't ready for that 3:00 A.M. phone call. But he sure is ready to fill out his bracket!

This op-ed piece hits the nail right on the head. If anything, it is too generous.

Barack Obama's lack of leadership -- John Podhoretz - NYPOST.com

This is not a time for leadership; this is the time for leadership. So where is Barack Obama?

Obama is defining himself in a way that will destroy him.

It is not merely that he isn't rising to the challenge. He is avoiding the challenge. He is Bartleby the President. He would prefer not to.
    Last edited: Mar 16, 2011
  2. reflexblue

reflexblue PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +20 / 3 / -0

#91 Jersey

I agree, for forty years the world has wanted to get rid of gadafie this was the big chance.
    Its disgusting watching these rebels getting sliced to pieces and obama and the rest of the world just sit back and watch it happen. It reminds me of the Shia rebelion after the first gulf war, Bush the first let Saddam use his helicopters to put down the uprising while there was a no fly zone in place.
  3. Wolfpack

Wolfpack Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Scenes from the past few days:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  4. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +157 / 4 / -4

I think the neocons lare yesterday's news, died with the Bush era. On the right, they've been replaced by the far more isolationist Tea Party.

That said, I do agree that Obama should be taking stronger stands, though I suppose his team thinks it's wiser to give all the attention to the Republicans who have been dropping in popularity.
  5. Wolfpack

Wolfpack Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Wow. Pretty pathetic attempt at misdirection and trying to derail my thread. (Isn't derailing threads against the forum rules?)
    Sorry but there are no Republicans in the White House. Foreign policy is pretty much entirely on his narrow shoulders, and he has failed time and again. He is a joke and a national embarassment.

France has actually taken a stronger stand on Libya than the U.S. How pathetic is that? Just par for the course from the cowardly, weakling Obama. But he sure knows how to pick the Final Four! :rolleyes:
  6. chicowalker

chicowalker Rookie

Ratings:
    +149 / 2 / -1

What would your preference be for Obama to do w/r/t Japan and Libya?
  7. PatriotsReign

PatriotsReign Rookie

Ratings:
    +176 / 1 / -10

I'm not about to attack our president at this moment in time as wolfie seems to be enjoying. But in response to your point, Obama should be doing something about at least one of the above. Like, how about making a decision of some sort about something. Even you gotta admit Chico, this isn't a time for a POTUS to lay-low.

It can't be just him because POTUS' don't do anything on their own without advice from their team...so WTF is his team doing? Neither you, I or even wolfie aren't the ones to say what our president should be doing...after all, that is what we elected him to do, isn't it?
  8. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +157 / 4 / -4

Podhoretz is a neocon. His ideas are old. That's relevant. In other words, it's unlikely that what he advocates has support from much of the left or right.

France has taken a stronger stand on Libya and I credit them for that. I do wish we backed the rebels even though I'm aware that there's a real risk that some of them may be worse than Qadaffi. That's been the problem all along. It's not like the rebels are great humanitarians.
  9. chicowalker

chicowalker Rookie

Ratings:
    +149 / 2 / -1

I just don't have a strong view of what should be done, so I can't really call for action.
  10. PatriotsReign

PatriotsReign Rookie

Ratings:
    +176 / 1 / -10

No matter how our views differ Patters, I'm sure we both agree how fortunate we are that fate/God/luck had us born in this country.

Imagine worrying about our gov't knocking down our doors or that the catholics from across the river were coming to attack us. I don't think it's possible for us to truly appreciate just how fortunate we are.

We can't blame Libyans for being born in Libya. And we can't pat ourselves on the back for being born in the U.S., can we?
  11. PatriotsReign

PatriotsReign Rookie

Ratings:
    +176 / 1 / -10

I am with you here step-for-step...but our president can't use the same excuse for everything going on in the world right now. Presidents are supposed to make decisions....BIG decisions...DIFFICULT decisions.

That was my point. I'm not saying you should call for any action....but Obama and his team certainly should be.

Don't you agree?

Let's hope he's being calculating and does something about something soon!
  12. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +287 / 4 / -2

I'll offer my opinion:

I'm not surprised by his lack of leadership. The man is exactly what I figured he'd be.

I kinda of prefer a more isolationist America, so I do give him a level of credit for doing less, as doing more tends to lead to too much, or at the very least ends up opening an unwanted can of worms. So less is fine by me in a general sense.

I'm not sure what more Obama can do with regard to the situation in Japan. He can't prevent the reactors from melting down, and he can't make the destruction go away with his teleprompter. I'm not sure criticism is warranted here.

Libya is a different story. I absolutely do not want us on the ground there. I actually prefer we stay out of it for the most part. Where I'll lay criticism is with the absolute inaction we're seeing. A no-fly zone, especially when countries like France, and even the Arab League are calling for one, would have made a lot of sense to me. I'm very disappointed that we didn't, in a coalition with the world, establish a no fly zone there. That is probably something people have a right to criticize. Flex hit it on the head really. Shooting down the air power of the enemy government could have gone a long way then, and it would have gone a long way now. It would have at least served to level the playing field. I understand a pilot could be shot down, but they know that's a possibility when they sign up for the job.
  13. chicowalker

chicowalker Rookie

Ratings:
    +149 / 2 / -1

I don't, actually. Action isn't always the best thing.

It's certainly possible that we should be taking actions -- public actions -- beyond what's already being done inJapan, and in Libya as well.

But acting for the sake of acting is usually a mistake, in my experience.
  14. PatriotsReign

PatriotsReign Rookie

Ratings:
    +176 / 1 / -10

Maybe you're right Chico...if so, I'd like to see Obama explain what the risks are to Americans and the world. He just needs to be seen as a leader right now...in my opinion.

It's still early yet, so we need to be patient.

I'll also add that Obama became POTUS at THE most difficult time in my adult life...I realize he's just human.
  15. Wolfpack

Wolfpack Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I wouldn't be so sure of that. Patters clearly has an open disdain for and hatred of America. I doubt he considers himself as blessed to live here as the rest of us do.
  16. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

You were asked what you would have Obama do in Japan and Libya? ...and try to be as specific as you can.
  17. Wolfpack

Wolfpack Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Sorry, but I don't have a couple free hours available to answer that question. But here's one thing I wouldn't do:

[​IMG]

And I also wouldn't sit back while France takes the lead on trying to get a grip on the situation in Libya.

Stop being such an apologist, you only make yourself look foolish. Even the most partisan member of this forum, despite his attempts to hijack my thread, admitted Obama is once again dropping the ball in a time of international crisis.
  18. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

That wasn't the question.
  19. chicowalker

chicowalker Rookie

Ratings:
    +149 / 2 / -1

Involvement in a no fly zone probably would have made sense and been feasible.

I don't know the arguments against it, but your post seems very reasonable.

20. PatriotsReign

PatriotsReign Rookie

Ratings:
    +176 / 1 / -10

I'm not defending anyone or any "side", but like I wrote earlier, we on this board aren't supposed to have the answer to that question. That is why we have a POTUS along with the team of experts they have.

Wolfie isn't supposed to be able to answer that question....none of us are.

And don't get snippy and reply, "was I talkin' to you?";)