PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Coverage LB is #1 need

Status
Not open for further replies.

jeffd

On the Game Day Roster
Reaction score
Going into the off season there should be no doubt that a speedy ILB is the biggest need. Those passes we allowed over the middle are what really killed us and have all year. We need an athletic ILB to get in the passing lanes. I would also say that our WR let us down today but we did score 34 pts. I'd love to see our offense with a WR that can get a few YAC. Our WR seem to catch and get tackled.

No YACs against the colts; that is their style and ours. I agree with the needs analysis. I would note that Alexander played the coverage linebacker role pretty well, except for one notable play. Perhaps he will improve for next year.

Going into the off season there should be no doubt that a speedy ILB is the biggest need. Those passes we allowed over the middle are what really killed us and have all year. We need an athletic ILB to get in the passing lanes. I would also say that our WR let us down today but we did score 34 pts. I'd love to see our offense with a WR that can get a few YAC. Our WR seem to catch and get tackled.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back