PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Courtney Brown???

Status
Not open for further replies.

numbah39

Rookie
Reaction score
I was reading the pro-day results on NFL.com and happened to pass by this guy at San Jose States' pro-day.

The Cal-Poly SLO product worked out at San Jose as part of their pro day and he really stood out with eye-popping numbers. He originally started school there as a wide receiver and was moved to DB in 2004. Brown (6-1 3/8, 200) ran two 40s, notching a 4.35 and 4.32. He had a vertical jump of 41 ½ inches, a 10-foot-11 broad jump, a 4.07 short shuttle, a 7.10 three-cone and 15 bench presses.

Is it me or are those numbers crazy? 6'1" 200lbs runs a 4.3 and a 41 inch vert. Sleeper???

I dunno, but the short shuttle and 3 cone drills seemed slow for a db? perhaps not that fluid in the hips?

I dunno, but the short shuttle and 3 cone drills seemed slow for a db? perhaps not that fluid in the hips?

4.07 is damn good. the 3 cone, I agree though.

The three cone is slow and I know he's not the prototypical Pats corner but those numbers put him up there with the top db's in the draft. I'll be curious to see where he ends up.

Is 15 bench presses a lot for a 200 pound guy at a speed position?

8) Courtney Brown/CB/Cal-Poly: One of the nation's most athletic cornerbacks, Brown put on a show for scouts. Weighing 200 pounds, he ran his 40s in the mid-4.3s, turned in a vertical jump of 41.5 inches and posted a short shuttle of 4.06 seconds. A leg injury suffered during testing prevented Brown from participating in defensive back drills.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/football/nfl/03/08/pauline.risers.sliders/index.html

Courtney Brown is among the risers in the draft accoring to this article.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes