Welcome to PatsFans.com

Courageous teen refuses to kowtow to radical homosexual lobby

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by QuiGon, Mar 22, 2007.

1. QuiGon

QuiGon Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

2. PatsWSB47

PatsWSB47 Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Ratings:
    +252 / 1 / -0

#12 Jersey

I wonder why the Civil Liberties Union hasn't shown up yet? Oh that's right. They're too busy defending that Man-Boy organizations' right of free speech.

3. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +593 / 24 / -19

Of course that speech is protected, and she has every right to wear that shirt. What makes you think left wingers would dispute that? We might tell her she's an ignorant bigot, but a left winger wouldn't object to that shirt anymore than a right winger would object to a shirt that said, "Pope Rat's a Nazi." It would be annoying, but not criminal.

As far as the ACLU goes, I'm sure they'll be involved if asked. Let's remember that the ACLU does include conservatives like Bob Barr who would almost certainly advocate for this case.

4. QuiGon

QuiGon Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Uh, did you read the article..? She was forbidden from wearing that shirt in school (hence the lawsuit). Call my cynical, but I would guess the teachers and administrators aren't a bunch of conservatives... :rolleyes:

5. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +593 / 24 / -19

The administrator who made the decision was probably thinking that the girl might endanger herself by wearing such a shirt.

Oddly, a search for Bryan Wells turns up a whole page about him, where he's described as a "nice Christian guy," great coach, "dull, uninspiring." He could very well be fairly conservative.

http://www.ratemyteachers.com/schools/illinois/naperville/neuqua_valley_high_school/bryan__wells

6. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

Can you prove that or are you just making stuff up as usual?:rofl: :woohoo:

7. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

"Free Speech" is whatever the ACLU says it is. Right? I mean, Left??

:rolleyes:

//

8. Pujo

Pujo Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

Schools do stupid things all the time. Bong Hits 4 Jesus? Schools need to learn that students are citizens with the rights of such, and that includes the right to wear a shirt that some people might find offensive. The ACLU has nothing to do with this, but I know some conservatives get a hard-on mentioning them, so I'll explain. The ACLU only involves itself in cases when a party requests it, or when filing amicus curiae (friend of the court) briefs in appellate court. They're not there because these conservative-sounding people didn't call them.

9. QuiGon

QuiGon Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

What happened...? Couldn't find him in Wikipedia, so you turned to the tattlings of the local 14 year olds...? :rofl:

10. QuiGon

QuiGon Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Prove what...? I said "I would guess the teachers and administrators aren't a bunch of conservatives..."

Apparently your feeble intellect is not able to distinguish between a statement like "I would guess they are liberal" as compared to "Most CEO's are Republicans".

Maybe your mommy can explain it to you next time she checks on you to make sure you aren't still surfing those adult-only websites and running up her credit card again.

11. Danny Boy®

Danny Boy® Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

$50 says she grows up to be one of them hard, mullet wearin' dikes.

12. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

So then why doesn't that administrator make it clear to all that he (or she) will protect this girl at all costs??

//

13. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

Just keep throwing out your sh-t. Some of it might stick someday, retard.
    Get back to your masturbation session with your Luke Skywalker poster!:rofl:

What an angry little clown you are!

14. PatsWSB47

PatsWSB47 Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Ratings:
    +252 / 1 / -0

#12 Jersey

I was waiting for someone to give the benefit of the doubt to the school. if it was an anti-Christian or anti-Bush shirt the I'm sure her safety would never have been brought up.

15. Danny Boy®

Danny Boy® Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Quiggsy, you dont have many friends here buddy...sup wit dat?

16. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +911 / 7 / -3

During her first two years of high school, the Naperville resident did not outwardly object to the "Day of Silence," in which students wear pro-gay messages on T-shirts.

This epitomizes how agenda driven, and hijacked our education system has become. It's "offensive" to say MERRY CHRISTmas, or to wear a Jesus costume on what used to be called Halloween, yet the loons that have taken control of the school systems feel no shame in imposing a homosexual agenda on children. It's shameful, and sad. Why the need to push an agenda? Would it fair to have a "straight day" that emphasized the wonder of being heterosexual? It's the imposition of homosexuallity that disturbs people. Most people simply don't care what orientation an individual chooses. What bothers them is having it force fed to them, and worse, taught to their children, that is upsetting. I've said it before, if I had a child, and that child were gay, I'd accept it without condition. However, I don't know anyone that would want their child to be gay.

17. QuiGon

QuiGon Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Danny Boy you, of all people, know how it is... I am an unapologetic conservative. That tends to quickly make enemies of all the radical liberals, who spout out the loudest.

18. Pujo

Pujo Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

Though even the conservatives keep their distance. You're like the embarassing uncle at family reunions.

Hell, Patsfan13 and Fogbuster are as every bit as conservative as you, though somehow they're not hated.

Last edited: Mar 23, 2007
  19. QuiGon

QuiGon Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Danny Boy you, of all people, know how it is... I am an unapologetic conservative. That tends to quickly make enemies of all the radical liberals, who spout out the loudest.

And the hypocritical ultra-liberal moderator will allow any and all personal attacks against me to go completely free and clear. Of course, if you suggest that maybe gays shouldn't be allowed to get married, then you've called down the thunder from above...

20. QuiGon

QuiGon Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Nice try at spin, spin, spin... you make a fool of yourself (again) and now you just default back to your typical 2nd grade level insults - which the hypocritical ultra liberal moderator would never dream of doing anything about because you're one of his fellow loony libbies.