PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Couple of time questions, 4q 5-6min mark

Status
Not open for further replies.

Truck

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
In the 4th quarter, there were two plays between 5 and 6 min left. A Maroney run; and a Faulk screen pass. Both times they went out of bounds (did not fall on the ground as far as i saw) and both times the clock kept running. At the time I didn't think it was that big of a deal; but now looking back, that may have been a huge deal.
Should the clock have stopped there? Am I missing something?
Either way, our OLine was horrible and the Giants deserved to win.

In the 4th quarter, there were two plays between 5 and 6 min left. A Maroney run; and a Faulk screen pass. Both times they went out of bounds (did not fall on the ground as far as i saw) and both times the clock kept running. At the time I didn't think it was that big of a deal; but now looking back, that may have been a huge deal.
Should the clock have stopped there? Am I missing something?
Either way, our OLine was horrible and the Giants deserved to win.

When there is more than 5:00 left in the game, the clock stops only temporarily on an out of bounds play. It restarts once the ball is set for ready for play.

With 5:00 or less in the game, the clock stops on out of bounds until it is next snapped.

It was probably a wash, but the FOX game clock got really goofy from 1:28 left until about 56 seconds left in the game. It didn't start for an entire play, then it reset to about 1:16, then back up to 1:22. It was like Mercury Morris was on crack running the clock.

Again, no excuse, no freaking conspiracy, but weird.

Is it under 2 minutes that if a player is injured they are forced to take a time out? Isn't there some rule in there about that?

It was probably a wash, but the FOX game clock got really goofy from 1:28 left until about 56 seconds left in the game. It didn't start for an entire play, then it reset to about 1:16, then back up to 1:22. It was like Mercury Morris was on crack running the clock.

Again, no excuse, no freaking conspiracy, but weird.

I noticed that too. There was a play that took way longer than 6 seconds.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes