Welcome to PatsFans.com

Coulter, 9/11 widows,"I've never seen people enjoying their husbands' deaths so much"

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by DarrylS, Jun 7, 2006.

1. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +176 / 5 / -22

Anne Coulter is at it again, she was on the Today show yesterday, spewing her venom and hate all dressed up in a ****tail dress, guess she was starting early or just getting home... promoting her book, Godless:The Church of Liberalism. The highlights from Media Matters...

She will be defended by those that believe that she is doing good in her actions, however she is just another right wing mouth piece who is dividing this country down an irreversable path. Wonder how she is doing with her alleged felony???

http://mediamatters.org/items/200606060006

"These self-obsessed women seemed genuinely unaware that 9/11 was an attack on our nation and acted as if the terrorist attacks happened only to them." [p.103]
    "[T]hey believed the entire country was required to marinate in their exquisite personal agony. Apparently, denouncing Bush was an important part of their closure process." [p.103]
    "These broads are millionaires, lionized on TV and in articles about them, reveling in their status as celebrities and stalked by grief-arazzis. I've never seen people enjoying their husbands' deaths so much." [p.103]

Pressed by Lauer to defend her statement that the widows were "enjoying their husbands' deaths," Coulter responded: "Yes, they're all over the news." She criticized the widows for "speak[ing] out using the fact that they're widows" and "using their grief" and "the fact that you lost a husband" to make "a political point while preventing anyone from responding." She further argued that "the Left" exploits a "doctrine of infallibility," and that "f they have a point to make about the 9-11 Commission, about how to fight the war on terrorism," they "put[] up Cindy Sheehan ... put[] out these widows." As a result, Coulter said, conservatives "always have to respond to someone who just had a family member die" and appear to be "questioning the authenticity of the grief."
  2. BelichickFan

BelichickFan B.O. = Fugazi PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +281 / 9 / -9

#24 Jersey

Obviously a lot of the stuff she said, as usual, was stupid. The whole 9/11 charity thing was stupid, though. Two words - Life Insurance.
  3. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +176 / 5 / -22

Just read where she made the front page of the NY Daily News, maybe it is all a ploy to pimp her book... cruel and unusual, but in this world maybe that is what works...Dems should take a hard look at her method.
  4. BelichickFan

BelichickFan B.O. = Fugazi PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +281 / 9 / -9

#24 Jersey

I don't think many (R)s like here or take her seriously. She's 100% unwatchable for me. Even more than, say, James Carville.
  5. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +332 / 1 / -9

The Liberal Far Left New Democrats created Ann Coulter, somebody was bound to come along and strongly disagree with their "Loopey Cruel Nasty Sh!t"

Coulter is a smart cookie, she drives those left wing saps nuts and she has no fear whatsoever of any of them.

What really drives the Loopie Loonie Leftys crazy is they can find NO ONE that can match her, Hollywood, Franken, CBS, NBC, ABC, PBS, Left Wing Radio, Olberman ect, Coulter wipes the floor with them and then laughs at them.

Ann Coulter makes Maureen Dowd look retarded. :rocker:
  6. Turd Furguson

Turd Furguson Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I'm not a fan of Coulter. She deals too much in extremes for my taste.

She's as representative to the conservatives here as terry glenn is a cowgirl is to the liberals here.
  7. milwaukeebeers44

milwaukeebeers44 Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Her and Hannity, I cannot stand. Their lack of maturity makes me want to vomit on my shoes.
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 18, 2005
  8. Pats726

Pats726 Rookie

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0

Actually I don't anyone to match her she's a POS..I wouldn't want to match that trash!!
  9. Mainefan

Mainefan Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

Harry Boy: "What really drives the Loopie Loonie Leftys crazy is they can find NO ONE that can match her."

Not really. It's her despicable lying, name-calling, bigotry, and just plain stupidity. No, we can't find anyone to match her. We don't have anyone on our side that low.
  10. mgcolby

mgcolby Woohoo, I'm a VIP!!! PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0

what is funny is the liberal Dems and the hard right Repubs don't realize that they are mirror images of themselves with different opinions. But most middle of the road Americans have the same distain for both of them.

She is an idiot but to say that the dems don't have anyone that low is laughable.
    Last edited: Jun 7, 2006
  11. ELOrocks17

ELOrocks17 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Really? Please show me an example of her "lying", and "Bigotry".
  12. Mainefan

Mainefan Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

Ok...mg, name names.

I don't know of any Democratic columnist who feels that all Republicans are traitors, or that they are all religious fanatics. But those are just two of the things Coulter says at every opportunity about Democrats (not religious, but anti-religious).

I think her rhetoric is unequalled by any other well-known commentator, coming from any political viewpoint. Can you imagine a Democratic commentator saying that he or she thinks the 911 widows are happy their husbands are dead? Can you imagine anyone with a shred of conscience making such a remark?
  13. Mainefan

Mainefan Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

Sorry ELORocks17, if you like Ann Coulter, you're not worth replying to. Go fight with someone else.
  14. ELOrocks17

ELOrocks17 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Now who is bieng a bigot?
  15. mgcolby

mgcolby Woohoo, I'm a VIP!!! PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0

I wasn't thinking of commentators I was thinking more along the lines of politicians. But since you asked the first ones that come to mind are Al Franken and Michael Moore.

Nope, but I can think of one that thinks Bush planned it (see above)! Like I said she is an idiot but there are plenty of extremist on both sides. She is not alone in her ilk.
  16. PatsFanInEaglesLand

PatsFanInEaglesLand Rookie

Ratings:
    +82 / 5 / -9

#37 Jersey

Mill Maher, Howard Dean & George Soros come to mind.
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 18, 2005
  17. Mainefan

Mainefan Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

PatsfaninEaglesland, I think the three examples you've chosen aren't good ones. Maher is funny, not despicable. Likewise Franken. Dean is partisan, but not nuts. And I'll bet you've never heard a word from Soros, so how can you put him in that category? Michael Moore--closer. But I can't imagine him saying that the 911 widows are happy their husbands are dead.

Nonetheless, mgcolby makes a good point. There are true believers on both sides and they are equally nuts. They're so convinced they're right that they've demonized the other side completely.

I am not a true believer. I think that Liberals and Conservatives both have pieces of the truth, although if you put them all together, you still wouldn't get the whole truth. I'm a Liberal, but I think that Conservatives are sincere and patriotic. Also, I don't think this is a matter of intelligence or better information. I think the difference between Liberals and Conservatives is psychological as much as anything else and it tends to be inborn.

As for true believers, they are exceptionally dangerous people. Polarization pushes people in that direction, making them more partisan than they would be naturally. It also weakens the center, which is the strength of any government.

We saw this in Germany in the late 20s and early 30s: You were either a Nazi or a Communist and there was almost nothing inbetween. The Weimar government wasn't strong enough to survive. Same thing happened in Russia with the Kerensky government.

This is one reason why it's not good for any country if either extreme comes into power. Its first task, in its opinion, will be to eradicate the opposition any way it can, including through violence.
  18. Turd Furguson

Turd Furguson Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Kool Aid anyone?
  19. Commander Shears

Commander Shears Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

Silly cliches in lieu of a point anyone?
  20. Turd Furguson

Turd Furguson Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

So its not Kool Aid then?