PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Could you see Tony Gonzalez a Patriot?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Could be, but I doubt it.

That would be awsome.

I think a TE can be a inexperienced QBs best friend and we could lure him with the promise of Tom next year. This would be awsome but is also pretty far fetched as I don't remember Bill ever making a trade during the season. Can anyone confirm this

Last edited:
That would be awsome.

I think a TE can be a inexperienced QBs best friend and we could lure him with the promise of Tom next year. This would be awsome but is also pretty far fetched as I don't remember Bill ever making a trade during the season. Can anyone confirm this

I read this today morning but could not post here. Given the OL situation we have, it would be terrific if we could bolster the TE positions with a player like him. What kind of draft pick would KC be looking for, I wonder

Philly would be his first choice if he's serious about making a SB run this year.

As much as a professional and great player that he is, I'm not so sure that BB is sold on him. I remember a sound-bite of BB ripping Gonzalez a new one at the Pro-Bowl after the 2006 season. Something like "C'mon Gonzalez, do something, you mean to tell me you're the best Tight End in the game?"

As much as a professional and great player that he is, I'm not so sure that BB is sold on him. I remember a sound-bite of BB ripping Gonzalez a new one at the Pro-Bowl after the 2006 season. Something like "C'mon Gonzalez, do something, you mean to tell me you're the best Tight End in the game?"

Close, but I think you're taking the wrong thing from the story:

www.kansascity.com | 12/21/2007 | Getting to the heart of what makes Belichick successful

Belichick rips anybody and anyone who isn't doing their job. BB probably respects Gonzalez a great deal, but he called him out for making a mistake.

That said, I don't think Gonzo makes too much sense for us here and now. If Watson gets healthy, we have a quality TE there anyway, Gonzalez would be too hefty a price.

Right .BB asked him if he was ever going to block anyone or something to that effect.
TG would be a great addition but he is not a blocking TE.
Now after BB said something to him about blocking at that pro bowl practice, Gonzalez put on a monster hit on a ST player and as the story goes, walked past BB and just before he got out of earshot BB quietly said "nice block".
So who knows?! Maybe BB could coach him.

Close, but I think you're taking the wrong thing from the story:

www.kansascity.com | 12/21/2007 | Getting to the heart of what makes Belichick successful

Belichick rips anybody and anyone who isn't doing their job. BB probably respects Gonzalez a great deal, but he called him out for making a mistake.

That said, I don't think Gonzo makes too much sense for us here and now. If Watson gets healthy, we have a quality TE there anyway, Gonzalez would be too hefty a price.

true. few days they had an article on how moss became a patriot and moss said that BB even ripped brady on missing a 5 yard out saying a high schooler can do it.

haha, i was ahead of the game by like 2 weeks...

Think he's an upgrade/addition here?

My wife thinks that he would be an upgrade in the looks department:)

I can't see KC trading him without wanting too much in return. Still, if there rebuilding, they might take a mid-rounder for him. I wouldn't complain if it happened!

Why would he want to come here? Why would a veteran receiving TE sign on with a team that requires a TE to block 3 out of the 4 plays he's on the field? If the Pats hire another TE, he'd better be known for his blocking. Cassel has plenty of people to throw the ball to.

I can't see KC trading him without wanting too much in return. Still, if there rebuilding, they might take a mid-rounder for him. I wouldn't complain if it happened!

3rd rounder is supposedly the asking price, or a 2nd rounder if he meets high performance incentives, per ESPN radio this mprning.

Interesting idea but we are having enough trouble protecting the QB ... not sure he fits our style right now ... with a healthy Neal and Hochstein it would be different.

Isn't he just a better version of Watson? I know that sounds weird, but I think we'd be better of with a bruiser blocking TE than another WR in a TE's body.

Still, it would be cool to have him, especially if anyone at Gillette started choking. ESPN - Chiefs' Gonzalez saves man from choking to death - NFL

Isn't he just a better version of Watson? I know that sounds weird, but I think we'd be better of with a bruiser blocking TE than another WR in a TE's body.

Still, it would be cool to have him, especially if anyone at Gillette started choking. ESPN - Chiefs' Gonzalez saves man from choking to death - NFL

Agreed. I'm curious as to why Thomas got alot more playing time on sunday, than watson? Also, Thomas mad a great block on the left side to free a big run by Morris. He may be a much better blocker than I thought. Either way, Watson, and Thomas can catch, we need a blocker more than anything, and some damn consistancy with the line.

Agreed. I'm curious as to why Thomas got alot more playing time on sunday, than watson? Also, Thomas mad a great block on the left side to free a big run by Morris. He may be a much better blocker than I thought. Either way, Watson, and Thomas can catch, we need a blocker more than anything, and some damn consistancy with the line.
Thomas surprised me his rookie year, he came in and was instantly a better blocker than Watson. He has struggled this season, I have to wonder if his foot injury affected his ability to anchor or if he's just very rusty due to it. The block on Porter you mentioned helped open a nice lane for Sammy - that was one I wish Maroney had made because he was more likely to juke that Safety out of his socks and take it to the house.

I remember that run also, and thinking the same thing, that Morris basically ran into the safety without even trying to give him a move. Too bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots