PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Could we have a thread for Pats fans?

Status
Not open for further replies.

spacecrime

Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal
Reaction score
This is a time when it would really be nice for us to discuss what is going on without other fans mocking everything we say.

I know the visiting locker room thing isn't enforced, and ohter fans are allowed to disrupt discussion and all that. It usually is just annoying but right now it is beyond annoying. It is truly impossible to discuss what is happening. It would be nice if we could we have one thread for Pats fans only where we could discuss things without interfrence?

Perhaps a moderated site where inappropriate posts can be deleted?

This site is really out of control.

Where is Pats1? He busts chops left and right in some threads, and now that moderation is needed he is AOL?

This is a time when it would really be nice for us to discuss what is going on without other fans mocking everything we say.

I know the visiting locker room thing isn't enforced, and ohter fans are allowed to disrupt discussion and all that. It usually is just annoying but right now it is beyond annoying. It is truly impossible to discuss what is happening. It would be nice if we could we have one thread for Pats fans only where we could discuss things without interfrence?

Perhaps a moderated site where inappropriate posts can be deleted?

This site is really out of control.

Where is Pats1? He busts chops left and right in some threads, and now that moderation is needed he is AOL?

Amen. Couldn't agree more...

I think we have a game against the Chargers this Sunday...

Something like homefield advantage, perhaps even a play-off bye are at stake.

Am I wrong? Maybe I'm thinking of a different week...

Tripled..........

I disappointed with moderation over the last 24 hours. Not to the the point I'd leave. but............ just saying. All the new posters and old D-bags combined is dizzying.

They do work hard though, so a little slack could be in order.

I think the mods are doing a good job. Did you see this site around noon? They've cleaned up a lot today.

Space... keep in mind that you guys can't see all the posts and threads that have been deleted. You can't see the work that Ian, pats1, shmess, CPG, and the other mods have put in today. You should see the Mod view of this board, it's a wasteland of removed troll posts and bull&hit, that you and other posters don't have to wade through.

Are there still trollies jiggling around? Yeah. The worst of them are long gone though, you should have seen this board earlier today.

I have personally deleted, merged, and moved more threads and individual posts today, than in my entire time doing this. I'm sure that more trolls were banned today than in any other single day in this boards history. Registration has been restricted to Admin approval to keep the banned trolls out.

It's a battle. We're working on it the best we can. ....personally I'm done tonight. I need to catch up on a few hours work that I missed today, while trying to put out fires here, then a long overdue beer.

Please keep using that "Report a post" button,
report.gif
,somebody will get to them as soon as possible.

Wow, it must really have been something.

It's been flooded in here today, and between all of us we've been deleting, merging, moving, all afternoon. It's been non-stop all day and as I said I'm even moderating new registrations to try and curb it and keep out potential new problems. But the other mods have done a terrific job today, and we're doing the best we can at keeping this under control. I've banned about 30 users today, and I think the total posts deleted between all of us broke well over 100.

As for the visiting locker room, that's where we've been sweeping all the fans who've been coming in here from other teams. This is the forum that's primarily for Pats Fans only, although we've been loosely allowing them to post here occasionally. We obviously can't stop them from initially posting here, but obviously move the threads out when warranted.

If you go into the visiting locker room you're going to get hit with responses from them since that's where they all are. So keep the Patriots related discussions in here, and we'll stay on it. Although we all need to sleep sometime :cool:

Ian

Last edited:
Good job today mods. :eat3: All of the work is much appreciated.

To the Mods

You have let this get out of hand. The board is unreadable, filled with garbage from posters that I never heard of, so I'm sure that they a one day wonders posting here from other fanbases.

Consolidate them! ... and I miight be back, other wise its time for a HIATUS...

This board is unreadable right now...:rolleyes:

Re: To the Mods

They already said that they cleaned up a massive amount of garbage earlier to the tune of 100 post deletions and 30 plus bans. Cut em a break, imagine how bad it would be if they didn't filter it like they did earlier.

Now it's not even the trolls cluttering up the forum. It's a bunch of our own fans thinking they have an earth-shattering theory on what possibly happened and others trying to spin this in a positive light. Oh well, at least it's so much nicer in here than it was earlier.

Now it's not even the trolls cluttering up the forum. It's a bunch of our own fans thinking they have an earth-shattering theory on what possibly happened and others trying to spin this in a positive light. Oh well, at least it's so much nicer in here than it was earlier.

Welcome to what Jets fans have to experience every day on their message boards. Fortunately for you, the nonsense will soon pass.

Welcome to what Jets fans have to experience every day on their message boards. Fortunately for you, the nonsense will soon pass.

You guy's sound like royality, are you royality ?

BMF, you better not be referring to me. I have plenty of posts to start a thread. Plus, I am PATRIOTSREIGN!

Hm, I see some sort of pattern developing here. ;)

Very observant! You got me. I was just messing with Badmofo because of his ****y name. I'm sure he can handle it.

Golly, guess AZPatsFan didn't read what a few mods said above. I'm a mod on a discussion board (non-football) and I can directly understand what the Mods here are going through. I'm sure we are only seeing a fraction of the crapola that is occurring and I wish to commend them for their hard (un-paid) work.

Little hurts a moderator more than to have members come in and say, "Why aren't you Mods doing anything?", when, actually, behind the scenes they are spending waaaay too much of their personal time deleting/moving/banning/writing-each-other-on-a-private-screen while we out here are seeing none of it.

I wish to give a standing O to all the Admin/Mods for all their hard (unseen) work during this time!!!!!!:eat3:

Thanks Folks!

(To address what the original poster said: One thing that a number of boards have is a Private Section. Only members that meet a criteria (join date/# of posts) set by Admin can read or post in it.)

Last edited:

You have let this get out of hand. The board is unreadable, filled with garbage from posters that I never heard of, so I'm sure that they a one day wonders posting here from other fanbases.

Consolidate them! ... and I miight be back, other wise its time for a HIATUS...

This board is unreadable right now...:rolleyes:

I'm not a mod on this forum so I can say this.

Stop your friggin whining! These guys are handling an invasion of trolls and others. They also have other things in their lives to tend to and can't hover over the board 24/7.

Let them do their thankless job and STFU,please. You could ask for a full refund of the money you spent on being able to post on this forum. That's right, it's free isn't it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes