Welcome to PatsFans.com

Could we be working on a Big Trade Possibly??

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by SCPatBoy, Mar 12, 2006.

1. SCPatBoy

SCPatBoy Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

With our silence in FA so far i wonder if we are quietly working on a trade for a high profile player?
  2. PatsWickedPissah

PatsWickedPissah PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,701 / 19 / -12

Disable Jersey

No. Next question, please.
  3. oldrover

oldrover Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

Yeah, I hear we're THIS close to landing Terrell Owens, John Abraham and Ty Law. :D
  4. Phokus

Phokus Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

After our DB struggles, i wouldn't mind ty law coming back :(
  5. Feep_FLA

Feep_FLA Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Big high-profile trade? No! Next question...... :rocker:
  6. Bill's Girl

Bill's Girl Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

Come on, the real reason BB and SP have been so quiet is because they are working on thier Jive and Tango skills for the next season of Dancing with the Stars!
  7. hwc

hwc On the Roster

Ratings:
    +345 / 39 / -18

I hear we are working out the details of a trade for Dante Culpepper. It's obvious, isn't it? I mean if the Pats weren't trading for Culpepper, they would have been making telling us what big name free agents they are signing.
  8. shirtsleeve

shirtsleeve Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Yeah, and Edge is all but a done deal! Oh, and Drew Breeze is gonna be TB's back-up!

There are obviously a bunch of star gazers all worked up this year. Perhaps this is profiling, but it usually seems to me that the under 25 crowd is generally infatuated with big names and big star status. Not just in football either. Perhaps its because this generation is plugged in to the many various media sources unlike any generation before. Thus, they are accustomed to, no expectant of, the total media hype surrounding thier lives. Sad, really.

But that is not how the Patriots do things. No player is bigger than the team. Period. All players are value graded, with the emphasis being on obtaining maximum value for the dollar. This enables the team to stretch its dollars among many very good players and very few "superstars". Thus the whole team is stronger and more competitive.

If you don't like that approach, start watching the Redskins. You will love it there.
  9. Willie55

Willie55 Rookie

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

The reason they're so quiet is they are in Israel with Kraft and Tom. They forgot free agency started. ;)

Relax. They are always quiet at first.
  10. holyredeemer

holyredeemer Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

scpatboy, I can see what you're saying and it's a possbility, hell everything is a possibility. Funny though how everyone that responded to your post has to act like a pompous I KNOW EVERYTHING PATRIOTS jerk. Nobody knows the Patriots method you guys, if they did, they would not only copy it but it would also make the pats predictable. The pats have certain tendencies, but those are made to be broken. If the pats are working on a high profile trade then good for them.
    I'm sure they wouldn't do it if it was bad for the company. So, please get off your high horses and disband the whole (Patriots don't sign stars) mentality. It makes you sound stupid. If the team is going to be better, then BB is going to do it.
  11. oldrover

oldrover Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

Thank you. LOL
  12. holyredeemer

holyredeemer Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

13. T-ShirtDynasty

T-ShirtDynasty Moderator

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0

Lighten up Francis.
    [​IMG]
    Last edited: Mar 12, 2006
  14. BelichickFan

BelichickFan B.O. = Fugazi PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +507 / 13 / -11

#24 Jersey

My little dream scenario is that we're going to trade for Javon Walker and are negotiating a new deal with him, simulataneously with Branch to make them both happy and be here for 5 years each.

Ah well, it's a nice dream.
  15. Pats67

Pats67 Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

Judging from your work here, some experience might add some much needed depth to your posts.
  16. holyredeemer

holyredeemer Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

Please, tell me what kind of DEPTH I need? I thought I was just posting in a forum, never knew I was supposed to be flexing my intelligence. It's football man, so what DEPTH are you talking about?
  17. borisman

borisman Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

The Pats would sign stars if the stars would accept their below market offers. I haven't read any of the mentioned v. I, II, but the way I imagine they try to land players early is "take it leave it" offers. Probably something like "you have 12-18 hours to accept our offer or we have to move on". I think Parcells used that kind of tactic. Though Parcells doesn't have a sterling record of FA success.
    I would imagine they'll sign at least 1 high profile FA but they're falling off the board quicker than you can say "NEM hates Bush".
    Something just came up, be back to finish later...........
  18. Joker

Joker PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,821 / 16 / -22

Holy Redeemer....you are correct ...the demographic line is stark, but more like 35 and under...the reason....FANTASY FOOTBALL....I've been a Patriots fan since Gino was leading the league in points and I only care about the team....all these clowns you see posting these wild trades and posting every known possible number put up by certain players are completely immersed in the FANTASY side of the game. THat is why their opinions so often seem at odds with other fans who don't engage in goo gee gaa gaa hero worship. These are the guys who post threads about possible trades for team killers like Terrell Owens and other nonsense...they have no conception of the reason behind the recent Patriots success which is 1) top notch management and coaching 2)brilliant short and long term startegic planning 3)state of the art player personnel/salary structure decision making.

NFL players by and large represent t5he cream of the athletic crop....just because one guy puts up slightly better numbers, or throws more bombs or makes highlight reel ESPN plays doesn't mean that success is sure to be a byproduct. Quite the contrary, it is proven year after year that the big mouth chest thumping sky pointers infect their teams like raging cancers...it's only a matter of time.

I prefer they stay off our team
  19. DaBruinz

DaBruinz Pats, B's, Sox PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +363 / 24 / -48

#50 Jersey

Why are you getting so upset at others excercising their Freedom of Speech rights? It would seem that you would relish such a thing.
  20. Pats67

Pats67 Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

Its not so much about flexing your intellegence, son, its just showing that you possess a tiny fraction of it.

As far as 'depth' goes, I know I appreciate those posters who have seen a few things and learned from them. They're the ones who make a message board an enjoyable place to visit.
    Last edited: Mar 12, 2006