PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Could we be a silent bidder for TO???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sean Pa Patriot

Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal
Reaction score
Remember 2 yrs ago, when out of the blue we got Dillion when we all thought he was not a so call typical Pat, and never knew we were talking with him.. Reading Curren today, the pats are clearing money , for what though??? Resigning Seymoer, Resigning Branch?? Could be, but what if BB and SP have been quietly looking into the TO situation... He could be a good 2 to 3 yr stop gap player.. I know he is a cancer in the locker room, but BB is concerned with one thing , could you help win games, and puting the best player out there...We shall see,but interesting to think about..

I'd love it.

What really would be interesting to me is to see if his locker room cancer reputation will get any play here when you've got guys like Brady, Bruschi, Seymour, and Harrison in the locker room. The most damage in my mind would be to see him be benched. I don't think that he could melt a whole team like New England when there are so many high character guys playing for it. I wouldn't mind seeing him here but it has to be an incentive laden contract.

Last edited:
T.o.

Brady is one the few QB's that Owens could not blame for anything. I don't want him here, but this is one place he could likely survive.

If he goes to Big D, how long before he freaks on Bledsoe? Week 2? 3?

Signing Seymour would save cap money. Signing Branch would cost at most $3M in Year 1. No, I don't think we are "clearing cap room". The team is making the roster bonus decisions that need to be made.

The last critical decision other than the extensions (and perhaps a restructure or two; not really needed) would be a decision on Poole.

Sean Pa Patriot said:
Remember 2 yrs ago, when out of the blue we got Dillion when we all thought he was not a so call typical Pat, and never knew we were talking with him.. Reading Curren today, the pats are clearing money , for what though??? Resigning Seymoer, Resigning Branch?? Could be, but what if BB and SP have been quietly looking into the TO situation... He could be a good 2 to 3 yr stop gap player.. I know he is a cancer in the locker room, but BB is concerned with one thing , could you help win games, and puting the best player out there...We shall see,but interesting to think about..

LloydBraun said:
Brady is one the few QB's that Owens could not blame for anything. I don't want him here, but this is one place he could likely survive.

If he goes to Big D, how long before he freaks on Bledsoe? Week 2? 3?

you hit the nail on the head. i think that NE is the only place he could exist peacefully. Not saying he will or I want him to because he is a character complainer. I am sure he could find something to whine about.

Good God I hope not!

I hope that is not the case TO NO!!

LloydBraun said:
Brady is one the few QB's that Owens could not blame for anything.

What would ever give you that idea?

T.O. is not coming here. He wants to get paid. It doesn't matter where, he wants his dough. The Pats won't give him his payday, regardless of incentives.

I give T.O. the first Eagles game until he goes off on Bledsoe.
Which could be week 1.

If the coaches feel as though TO could be handled then I'd be fine with him coming here. Heck, I might even become one of his biggest fans :eek:

If anything Dallas is the place..and Parcells...Bledsoe...KJohnson gone and...TO comes to town for his money..NO TO TO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back