PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Could Tory Holt be the #2 WR?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It doesn't matter who is1,2 3 4 or whatever. When they are in the on field lineup they will have to produce...
Yes, all will have to produce, but they will not produce equally in the same situation, because two-three of them will be tons better than the others. Three receivers will be on the field on almost all three-wide formations, and the rest will rarely see the field.

Stranger things have happened before.

Such as?

When did the Pats last cut a young player after a successful and hugely promising first season?

Belichick himself said last year or the year before, the best roster isn't necessarily the one that has the best balance. That doesn't sound like he'd cut a very good young player for some middle of the road ST's player.

What are the chances he could play along side Moss while Welker is out. I mean i loved him in St Louis but has since dropped off.

Why change the playbook for a guy that might not be here for more than 1 season. He'll be integrated but no way will he be overused because Belichick is too smart for that ... Holt won't hold up.

Such as?

When did the Pats last cut a young player after a successful and hugely promising first season?

Belichick himself said last year or the year before, the best roster isn't necessarily the one that has the best balance. That doesn't sound like he'd cut a very good young player for some middle of the road ST's player.

FFS, they didn't even cut Robert Edwards after his first year...

Last edited:
First of all.....Edelman is not going anywhere except 5-8 yards downfield....absolutely rediculous that his being cut, especially for a very much older vet, is even mentioned.

The Pats have almost an embarrasment of riches to catch the ball this year between WR and TE.....as long as the OL does their job and we get any sembelence of a ground game, the Offense will be dynamite. I just hope that they don't become so infatuated with passing they forget to run the ball.

BTW.....Price is making this club. As some have already stated, he won't make it to the practice squad and a young player with skills will be a nice toy for Brady to have as he learns the pro game. This kid has a lot of upside since he played on a run first college team.

I am really looking forward to seeing what this team does this season.

Lost track of original topic of thread.....No...Holt will not be opposite Moss unless Tate gets hurt.

Last edited:
FFS, they didn't even cut Robert Edwards after his first year...

Robert Edwards was a punching bag. I think he had not been a RB long and he certainly did not know how to avoid a hit (exact opposite of Kevin Faulk). Miami picked up on that and beat him up (being goons); he said he had never been hit so hard. He was not long for the league. Edleman did not know how to avoid a hit last year; I hope he has learned or otherwise he will have a short season.

Edwards was from a different regime; he was an unprofessional draft pick (remember be was the Curtis Martin replacement) as was Andy Katenzmoyer. The Big Cat could not shed a block; the exact opposite of Ted Johnson. He stuck to guards like flypaper.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back