PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Could this be a bad sign for the NFL RE: Judge Berman

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rob0729

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Judge Berman just issued a memo to both sides. In it, he recommends that both sides should be working to a deal that is mutually agreeable to both sides. Obviously, the NFL is fighting to uphold their judgement and would not want a deal and Brady already said he was willing to make a deal (obviously not to the NFL's liking).

CLLH5WEUAAAI5_W.png

Parties are directed "forthwith" to have settlement discussions. That's judgespeak for "you better be negotiating."

https://twitter.com/RMFifthCircuit/status/626783425098178561

That is a fairly standard provision in a case management order. I wouldn't read much into it.

"The earth is already sufficiently scorched, in the court's view."

NFL has pretty much wiped their ass with the CBA. Should just get on with it, NFLPA shouldn't negotiate anything.

Unfortunately, that could be a reprimand for both sides.

I was thinking the same thing. Are the cba violations even going to be looked at? How can they compromise if the NFL/NFLPA agreement wasnt followed to begin with? It's pretty clear and compelling that there were several infractions broken. To compromise is basically saying the NFL can do whatever it wants and doesn't have to follow a legal agreement with its players.

The judge can order negotiations all he wants, but Brady is still allowed to have unshakeable conditions for a deal. I think they should be and probably are:

1. Neutral arbitrator.

or

2a. No suspension.
2b. No admission or claim of cheating.

That the NFL is willing to litigate to avoid #1 is outrageous.

NFL has pretty much wiped their ass with the CBA. Should just get on with it, NFLPA shouldn't negotiate anything.

They wiped their ass, pissed on it, set it on fire and put the burnt pieces in a box and sent it to the NFLPA with the message, "This is what I think of the CBA"

I was thinking the same thing. Are the cba violations even going to be looked at? How can they compromise if the NFL/NFLPA agreement wasnt followed to begin with? It's pretty clear and compelling that there were several infractions broken. To compromise is basically saying the NFL can do whatever it wants and doesn't have to follow a legal agreement with its players.

Agreed.

All Goody needs to do is vacate the suspension and this all goes away.

Which he won't.

"No suspension, no fine and we don't file anti-trust suits" that's a fair deal.

"No suspension, no fine and we don't file anti-trust suits" that's a fair deal.
Does that mean RICO is still an option :D. Defamation should never be taken off the table unless the NFL admits their part (which will never happen).

All because Goodell didn't have enough confidence to hire an independent investigator or, failing that, utilize a neutral arbitrator.

This is why I laugh at people who think Goodell has any type of incriminating evidence.

Agreed.

All Goody needs to do is vacate the suspension and this all goes away.

Which he won't.
I agree. NFL should just put an end to this already. Tired of talking about this. Just admit what you did and we can move on. It wasn't even a big deal that they conspired against the Patriots until they lied about it. If they had come out from the start and said "hey, we don't like the Patriots and we're out to get them" nobody would have cared. Now they've made it into a big deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back