PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

could the end be very near for manning?

Status
Not open for further replies.
That pass to Stokely in OT was atrocious. I heard Lombardi on the BS report saying Manning didn't throw deep down the field once the whole game. I'm sure the cold affected him but it's still a concern.

Based on the entirety of his season though, he seems fine for another couple of years.

That pass to Stokely in OT was atrocious. I heard Lombardi on the BS report saying Manning didn't throw deep down the field once the whole game. I'm sure the cold affected him but it's still a concern.

Based on the entirety of his season though, he seems fine for another couple of years.

As soon as I saw Manning roll right on that play I immediately thought "interception". As soon as I saw him throw the ball back across the middle of the field it was obvious he had nothing on it.

Give Manning credit for coming back faster and further than probably just about anyone expected. But I think that he is going ot have some limitations. Is he smart enough to work around those limitations and still be very effective for another year or two? Probably. But I think that teams will start to realize his limitations and be much more able to game plan for him than in the past.

He had a fine year, way past my expectations coming off an IR season. So even at his age, I feel like he may be just as good if not better next year (depending on their schedule of course, but playing in the AFCW is always favorable). After that though I bet we start to see the decline.

Remember, he was never good in cold weather or January in general

But how bizarre for him to pick a team in which your postseason success is most likely going to have to come in cold weather. Maybe he didn't quite realize how much it would affect his throwing.

It's not ever going to be balmy in Denver come the postseason, Peyton. Maybe next time HFA won't be looking too great.

But how bizarre for him to pick a team in which your postseason success is most likely going to have to come in cold weather. Maybe he didn't quite realize how much it would affect his throwing.

It's not ever going to be balmy in Denver come the postseason, Peyton. Maybe next time HFA won't be looking too great.

this is true, but i think he picked the best team the would want him . . . and Den was the best option . . . also, as all most of the great teams play outdoors in the AFC, Peyton was bound to have to go outside anyways . . . there are really perhaps only three teams in the AFC with good home weather, SD, indy, and Hou and all three have QBs . . .

but i am glad to see that PM is in a cold weather environment as we will be able to see more games with Peyton outside in the cold in the up coming few years and will be able to get more data points on his career to the plus or to the minus. we'll have teo just sit back and see how it unfolds . . .

but he is fortunate that Denver had a great D . ..

What was interesting in the first half was the number of high throws he had while moving the ball down the field.

Naturally, Dierdorf kept yapping about the advantage of very tall receivers.

High throws, frigid weather, and down the field is not a good mix.

Yeah he kept making the "high" sign in the first half either saying "I threw it high my bad" or "I'm throwing them high, be ready" I'm not sure. In the second half and overtime I don't think he threw 10 yards or more down the field once and Baltimore knew it.

Yeah he kept making the "high" sign in the first half either saying "I threw it high my bad" or "I'm throwing them high, be ready" I'm not sure. In the second half and overtime I don't think he threw 10 yards or more down the field once and Baltimore knew it.

But didn't the dumbass announcers totally not get it and say that he was like the best short passer of all time? I seem to recall some remark to that effect.

But didn't the dumbass announcers totally not get it and say that he was like the best short passer of all time? I seem to recall some remark to that effect.

I don't know. Dierdorf said so many dumb things during that game it got to the point where my brain did a Lisa Simpson like "yeah, I head it too, here's some music"

Manning is often bad in the first playoffs game and in the cold. The end wasn't near the first, second or third time it happened and I doubt it's near now.

Much more likely we'll be reading him get the Jeter Treatment from the press for a few more years while we watch him implode when the lights get the brightest.

The 2006 Patriots meltdown hurts on so many levels. If they win that game, they deprive Manning and his fans of the one savings grace they have, and of course the Pats more than likely have a 4th Lombardi.

:bricks:

Last edited:

I heard them say that too. I immediately said to my wife, "Peyton Manning is a better short-passer than Joe Montana?". Idiots.

Manning did not seem to have much zip on the ball and at times, was shaking and looking at his throwing hand. Something was wrong and you could tell. I think we are seeing the end of Peyton Manning. Two or three more years tops.

Remember that his recovery was an ongoing process this year. The offseason might allow him to come back stronger. I wouldn't count him out just yet.

Manning did not seem to have much zip on the ball and at times, was shaking and looking at his throwing hand. Something was wrong and you could tell. I think we are seeing the end of Peyton Manning. Two or three more years tops.

Given that he'll be 37 next year, I think "2 or 3 more years, tops" was a safe bet reagardless of his performance last week.

A lot of people believe that he picked Denver because the altitude would help him with his neck. I thought he was dumb to do it in the offseason. He would have been much better off going with San Francisco.

Remember that his recovery was an ongoing process this year. The offseason might allow him to come back stronger. I wouldn't count him out just yet.

Quite possibly so. I think he's still recovering like Brady post 2008 in his 2009 season, but I don't think he'll suddenly develop a penchant for cold weather dominance and lastly there's that career lifetime of tight neck collars in post season.

A lot of people believe that he picked Denver because the altitude would help him with his neck. I thought he was dumb to do it in the offseason. He would have been much better off going with San Francisco.
Hm, I never eve thought about the altitude and his neck. Interesting. Perhaps he was focused too much on his neck and not enough on his arm. His neck seems OK, he was never one that took that many hits anyway.

Maybe he was afraid of being benched in favor of Colin Kaepernick midway through the season, :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes