PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Could the Denver game be flexed to Sunday night

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope it's moved. I live in a secondary market and I doubt I would get the game at 4.15pm.

Re: Donks Game to be Flexed?

Just heard that they may change the game to Saturday night. Decision to be made within a few days.

Has anyone else heard this rumor? How many days beforehand do they need to announce this per league rules?

Unless major weather related(i.e natural disasters, major major blizzards or stadium issues). NFL does not move games to other nights. The game will only move to Sunday night.

Unless major weather related(i.e natural disasters, major major blizzards or stadium issues). NFL does not move games to other nights. The game will only move to Sunday night.

One other problem with flexing the game is that it makes a short week even shorter. Keeping it at 4:15 means they get a flight later that night and get home after midnight but not unbearably late. Make it an 8:30 pm start and you're looking at boarding a plane in Denver after midnight for the equivalent of a 'red eye" flight, getting home early Monday. This in a week when most of the games are to be played on Saturday 12/24 instead of Sunday......

I hope it's moved. I live in a secondary market and I doubt I would get the game at 4.15pm.

The other two games: Jets/Eagles and Browns/Cards will likely draw a very short stick in the case that Pats/Broncos stays at 4:15. So unless you live near the home market of one of the above 4 teams, I would very much guess that you will get the game carried.

One other problem with flexing the game is that it makes a short week even shorter. Keeping it at 4:15 means they get a flight later that night and get home after midnight but not unbearably late. Make it an 8:30 pm start and you're looking at boarding a plane in Denver after midnight for the equivalent of a 'red eye" flight, getting home early Monday. This in a week when most of the games are to be played on Saturday 12/24 instead of Sunday......

Assuming the Pats get a #1 or #2 seed, that is the last flight the Pats will take until the AFCC game at the earliest. Doesn't help physically for the Miami game, but knowing they will be home for the next month may help them a bit mentally.

I like primetime games for the added drama. But the convenience of a day game is worth it for games not worth the hype. Since the drama involved in playing the Denver Tebows is fake-drama, I'd rather keep this a day game.

The other two games: Jets/Eagles and Browns/Cards will likely draw a very short stick in the case that Pats/Broncos stays at 4:15. So unless you live near the home market of one of the above 4 teams, I would very much guess that you will get the game carried.

Either way, moved or not, I know I can see the game.

You see, I live in Florida, or as it is soon to be known, Tebownia.

KOA (850 AM) in Denver is reporting that the Broncos-Pats game
has been flexed to Sunday night.

KOA (850 AM) in Denver is reporting that the Broncos-Pats game
has been flexed to Sunday night.

Hallelujah.jpg

This really sucks. Sorry but it has absolutely killed m,y football season having every game late. I can't think of a better place to be than a sunday afternoon flipping thru all the 1pm games, seeing whats going on during commericals.

Now I have to wait all day to watch my team, sit thru the ridiculous amount of commericals. This sucks. I don't see why anyone else would WANT this team to be on primetime for anything else besides bragging rights. It's so inconveniant.

Last edited:
I don't see why anyone else would WANT this team to be on primetime for anything else besides bragging rights. It's so inconveniant.

Why? because some of us live in secondary market and probably don't get the game.

Plus SNF took a game away from us.

This really sucks. Sorry but it has absolutely killed m,y football season having every game late. I can't think of a better place to be than a sunday afternoon flipping thru all the 1pm games, seeing whats going on during commericals.

Now I have to wait all day to watch my team, sit thru the ridiculous amount of commericals. This sucks. I don't see why anyone else would WANT this team to be on primetime for anything else besides bragging rights. It's so inconveniant.

As ninja pointed out it's great for us in secondary markets but it's also good for exposure. The business end of it has nothing to do with bragging rights.

I DVR all football games, watch them a little after real-time (often ending right around real-time) and never see a commercial. It also allows me to go for walks on Sunday afternoons.

Why? because some of us live in secondary market and probably don't get the game.

Seriously

All you old people who can't make it all the way to 8 PM are wetting your depends over nothing.

I like primetime games for the added drama. But the convenience of a day game is worth it for games not worth the hype. Since the drama involved in playing the Denver Tebows is fake-drama, I'd rather keep this a day game.

Fake drama? The Broncos have won 5 straight and are neck-and-neck for the AFCW title, and the Patriots probably have to win out to get a first-round bye. Tebowmania or not, there's legitimate drama to that game.

some people also have to work on Sunday. The primetime games are usually the only ones I get to see.

Brady vs. Tebow? I'm there!!

Reiss posted a short time ago:

"Still waiting for official word on who wins CBS/NBC steel cage match. "
Unknown why there would be a "steel cage match".
CBS had their chance and chose "J E T S vs Dream Team " in an alleged SB preview.
They chose wrong.
NBC should get this game if they want it.

Last edited:
According to a few reports, the problem is not that NBC does not want the game (it does want the game very much), the problem is that CBS is reportedly not wanting to let go of that game without a fight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes