PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Could the Denver game be flexed to Sunday night

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Donks Game to be Flexed?

I think it will probably be a national game anyway as it's a CBS week and there aren't any other good games on at 4pm...either pats or jets @ philly which is a stinkerish game IMO.

If they flex Jets@Philly (not likely) it's asking for trouble. The Eagle fans are selling their tickets in droves now that the "Dream Team" crashed and burned. If the Jets are fighting for a playoff spot, those fans are likely to buy the tickets and travel the 100 miles down I-95. Throw in obnoxious fans on both sides who have plenty of time to tailgate and there may be more action in the stands than on the field...like the good old days of the 700 level at the old Veteran's Stadium.

PS-I saw the title and thought it was referring to Dolphins (12/24) and not Broncos (12/18). Duh.

Last edited:

If they flex Jets@Philly (not likely) it's asking for trouble. The Eagle fans are selling their tickets in droves now that the "Dream Team" crashed and burned. If the Jets are fighting for a playoff spot, those fans are likely to buy the tickets and travel the 100 miles down I-95. Throw in obnoxious fans on both sides who have plenty of time to tailgate and there may be more action in the stands than on the field...like the good old days of the 700 level at the old Veteran's Stadium.

PS-I saw the title and thought it was referring to Dolphins (12/24) and not Broncos (12/18). Duh.

Jets@Eagles is protected by CBS. Won't happen.

My bad..mea culpa....
On Dec 18, Pitt @ SF may be a bigger draw Tebow notwithstanding,

PIT/SF is on Monday, December 19th.

Our game has a good chance of getting flexed, as there are no other big draws and the scheduled game of SD/BAL is no big deal anymore.

Whoever said that the DEN/NE game would be moved to the day before (Sat.) is absolutely crazy. Why would they move a game to a different day? Especially when they aleady have TB/DAL on Sat. Dec.17th???

I can't honestly believe that you even gave one second's thought to that (directed at OP)..no offense or disrespect intended.

Last edited:

You're right, makes no sense to have a wedding on a Sunday

LOL tell me about it. The crazy thing is that I'm missing another wedding to attend this one.

maybe pats@denver will be shown at 4pm. What makes you think it would be jets@philly? There are only 3 games at 4pm for cbs, one has to be shown. Pats are most likely I think. Unless you know something I don't. Well maybe it wouldn't be shown in philly obviously or NY, but I'm in the south.

Last edited:
You can say that again. Tebow doesn't know how to throw the ball, and Brady can't run.

This is true. But it's also funny that Brady's ability to run with the football is a lot better than Tebow's ability to complete a forward pass.

Jets - Eagles was protected by CBS, so they're stuck with that game whether they like it or not. For all intents and purposes that leaves the incumbent Ravens - Chargers, or the Pats vs the Tebows as the choices for NBC.

Deadline is twelve days prior to kickoff to make a decision, which would be Dec 6. My best guess is that we find out on Tuesday that the Pats will be playing at night in Denver.

Look for Pats/Broncos on Sunday night

Peter King thinks that game will be flexed to Sunday night on NBC. Makes ratings sense for sure since Baltimore/SD is the game currently scheduled.
I must confess spending far more time watching the exciting Vikes/Broncos games over the bore-a-thon Pats/Colts game.

Re: Look for Pats/Broncos on Sunday night

Peter King thinks that game will be flexed to Sunday night on NBC. Makes ratings sense for sure since Baltimore/SD is the game currently scheduled.
I must confess spending far more time watching the exciting Vikes/Broncos games over the bore-a-thon Pats/Colts game.

Percy Harvin still running somewhere without a Bronco in sight. Boy, he would have been hell in our offense. Damn Vikings for drafting him! Denver secondary doesn't look so hot when you have time to throw. We usually do a pretty good pass-blocking. I think they are a good matchup for us actually. We have trouble playing in space. I think we can bottle McGahee and Tebow up.

Last edited:

BB's defenses usually do a good job bottling up running quarterbacks, I think you'll see him preaching to set the edge as it seems that's where a lot of Tebow's runs go.

i hate sun night games. i hope the game stays where is it at 4:15pm my fav time slot. and its the last 4:15pm of the year.

IMO... NBC would have to post something in the next day or so. It might be too close to flex now anyway. Agree with post keep it @ 4:15.

IMO... NBC would have to post something in the next day or so. It might be too close to flex now anyway. Agree with post keep it @ 4:15.

If it gets flexed it has to be announced by tomorrow (monday or tuesday, can't remember), so an announcement would most likely come today.

EDIT: I was beat to it :(

Last edited:

The Raiders game seems as if it would more likely field a competitive game. But, I guess the draw of the Patriots combined with Tebowmania is too much ratings for the network to pass up.

I'll be selfish when I say that I hope it doesn't get flexed as I have commitments that night. Something about watching a game on a PVR doesn't feel the same. I really love the late afternoon games.

I must be the only one that likes the night games. You get stuff during the day, then you sit down on you couch, drink a couple ****tails, and not have to worry about what you have going on the rest of the day.

Last edited by a moderator:

The Raiders game seems as if it would more likely field a competitive game. But, I guess the draw of the Patriots combined with Tebowmania is too much ratings for the network to pass up.

Aside from the allure of marketing Tebow vs Brady, I would speculate that which networks the games involved are on may take part in the decision-making. The current SNF game, Baltimore at San Diego, would go back to CBS. The Pats-Broncos game is also a CBS game, so that would be an even swap. On the other hand the Lions-Raiders game is owned by Fox.

I don't know this for a fact, but I am guessing that if a CBS game is flexed out for a Fox game, then the reverse needs to be done in a future SNF game to keep things fair for the network that lost a game.

Please take a lead fast and keep it consistent.

If there's one thing I learned, it's never bet against Tebow in 4th quarter of a close game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes