PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Could Seau come back for one more SB run? [merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Seau??

I don't know what's left in his tank, but it seems to be a good move. He know's the system, the players and has been noted could add depth for the LB rotation.

He's been spending a lot of time in his home of SD. I hope he comes back here but if he decides to play again and IF SD wants him, that would be a difficult choice for him I suspect.

He's been spending a lot of time in his home of SD. I hope he comes back here but if he decides to play again and IF SD wants him, that would be a difficult choice for him I suspect.
we don't want him
we have 9 LBs as it is, we just drafted 2 at ILB to go along with the 3 we already have.

I doubt he'd want to ever play for AJ again as well.

we don't want him
we have 9 LBs as it is, we just drafted 2 at ILB to go along with the 3 we already have.

I doubt he'd want to ever play for AJ again as well.

That's good news for me. I do hope he comes back. he can really help. Lots of people here say we were one WR away from the SB. If Seau was there for the 2nd half of the Colts game... Who knows.

Re: Is Seau coming back for one more SB run?

Why not? it was just an arm injury, right? I think BB wants to give Troy, Seau, Harrison a ring and then they retire.

Just an arm injury? Did you see the game? One of the nastiest broken arms I have ever seen. I still get queesy.

When guys get that "old", BB is very flexible about the timing of offseason dealings. He doesn't freak out if for whatever reason -- mainly health or choice -- they aren't around much before training camp, and even a whole training camp isn't a given.

Last year Seau was signed in August, right? He still didn't make many mental/lack of practice errors, at least not ones that more practice would likely have averted. (Don't you think he'll always have plays on which he plays a bit "too hard" for as long as he can suit up?) Roman Phifer, Ted Washington, Troy Brown, whatever -- they arrive when they arrive.

That's good news for me. I do hope he comes back. he can really help. Lots of people here say we were one WR away from the SB. If Seau was there for the 2nd half of the Colts game... Who knows.

Agreed - with a healthy Junior, I do not think Mr Addai would have run quite so free through us - and I do mean up the gut and right through us. Damn....there are so many what if's from that freaking game.

Agreed - with a healthy Junior, I do not think Mr Addai would have run quite so free through us - and I do mean up the gut and right through us. Damn....there are so many what if's from that freaking game.
it was pretty much a mirror image of the ne/sd game

what ifs abound

Charger fan here... For what it's worth, I heard on the news out here about 2 weeks ago that he was done. I would expect that any retirement announcement would be pretty low key, given the bolts already sent him out in style. But, we'll see...

Charger fan here... For what it's worth, I heard on the news out here about 2 weeks ago that he was done. I would expect that any retirement announcement would be pretty low key, given the bolts already sent him out in style. But, we'll see...

Hmmm.. and here I was thinking there was a chance he was going to go out in A Chargers uniform. He played pretty well last season up until that freakish injury which had nothing to do with his shoulders.

Hmmm.. and here I was thinking there was a chance he was going to go out in A Chargers uniform. He played pretty well last season up until that freakish injury which had nothing to do with his shoulders.

No thanks, we're pretty set on LB's. It was pretty bittersweet when he left SD. Although he still has a very large presence in town.

If he does come back I don't see him much more than a sporadic fill in guy to keep the LBs fresh

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes