Welcome to PatsFans.com

Could Scott Brown upset Martha Coakley ?

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by cupofjoe1962, Jan 6, 2010.

1. cupofjoe1962

cupofjoe1962 Rookie

Ratings:
    +63 / 14 / -9

Tonight Fox 25 news showed that Brown campaign is gaining steam
    as Martha continues to hide under a rock.

He is now only 9 points behind Coakley in the latest poll 50-41.
    They also said that they did not expect a big turnout & that should
    also benefit Brown.

You got my vote Scott Brown....
    I love your campaign add of JFK talking about cutting taxes.
    Imagine a Massachusetts democrat talking about cutting taxes.
    Last edited: Jan 6, 2010
  2. PatriotsReign

PatriotsReign On the Roster

Ratings:
    +377 / 3 / -15

This is going to be my first vote ever for a republican.

Go Scott Brown!

And even IF Martha wins, the message from Massachusetts will be clear moving forward.
  3. Patriot_in_NY

Patriot_in_NY Rookie

Ratings:
    +34 / 0 / -0

No offense............... :D

I have no faith in the people of Massachusetts. Hey, came you blame me? You blindly voted for that bloated POS Kennedy how many times in a row? No, plenty of folks will hit the booth, not recognize either name and blindly hit D out of habit.

For those that consider this a "regional" insult...... please forgive, as I acknowledge the people of NY are no better, well perhaps a touch as the occasional repub does get in. :D
  4. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +514 / 6 / -2

I'm voting for Brown as well. I've sold a few friends, and my wife on him too. I've always liked the guy when I've heard him on the radio. I've heard him over the years on Howie Carr's show, and even on Jim & Margery's show on WTKK. He seems like a simple guy, and he always talks about what matters most to me , and that's fiscal sanity. I doubt he can pull it off, but I'm going to help him try.
  5. MrSparkle

MrSparkle Rookie

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

It's no surprise that I'm voting for him. Martha is just another lock-step Dem. We have more then enough of them already in this state. It's time for a little balance in Congress.

There are more independent voters in MA then in either party. Scott has a chance, a small one but it's there none the less. He's getting coverage from local media stating that he has a shot. That alone will do wonders for his chances. His supporters will be energized by this and people on the fence will take another look. The only fly in the ointment may be the Libertarian candidate Kennedy. Not sure how that is going to play out. You would think he would steal votes from Brown but I'm not so sure. The stupid sheep in this state may just see his last name and vote that way out of habit, I can only wish.
  6. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ------------- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,040 / 9 / -19

#87 Jersey

Can i vote if I live in Rhode Island but use a dead person's name. :confused3:
  7. Leave No Doubt

Leave No Doubt PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

I know quite a few people (some are Dems) who intend to vote for him, I really hope he gets in. I think he's got a decent shot if people make the effort and vote on Jan 19th. :rocker:
  8. efin98

efin98 Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Message will only sink in if he actually wins...otherwise it is quickly forgotten or ignored by the next flavor of the moment or with the November election.

Until it gets down to within five points and she has to call in Obama and the Clintons she doesn't have much to worry about yet...not just under two weeks out
    Last edited: Jan 6, 2010
  9. Kdo5

Kdo5 Rookie

Ratings:
    +26 / 5 / -3

Amazing how pathetic our state voters are to ignore the fact that Coakley is a coward and scared of debating Brown, and vote for her anyways. She has barely made any effort in this race and she is still favored to win.
  10. efin98

efin98 Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

She didn't have to do anything with her initial lead. Any real debating would have put her into a hole and eroded her lead.

What probably cut her lead down was her party's outrage over the use of the JFK speech by Brown. Not only did it give him local coverage it also gave him national coverage and thus more money to put the ad all over the airwaves along with new ads which is getting his name and face out there.
  11. MrSparkle

MrSparkle Rookie

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

12. Michael

Michael Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +15 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

They also voted not to repeal the state income tax. Clearly we have a majority of idiots in MA. Someone from a Brown campaign center said they ran out of lawn signs. There is definitely a lot of support for him.
  13. Real World

Ratings:
    +514 / 6 / -2

Grass roots people. Anyone in here who is from Massachusetts, or knows people that are, need to push them to vote for Brown. I'm actively emailing friends, talking to family, and stressing to everyone that they make sure they vote for Brown on the 19th. This state needs some balance badly, and DC needs some fiscal sanity as well.
  14. Real World

Ratings:
    +514 / 6 / -2

This state gets what it deserves bud. The pig is getting fatter every year. The people didn't repeal it, and taxes still went up. We get what we deserve.
  15. alvinnf

alvinnf Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 1 / -0

This is such a great point. Martha Coakley hasn't really put her best foot forward, she's in cruise control relying on the preordained Democratic vote. I really hope this guy comes up and snatches this race, but I doubt it. While I would love to see a Republican win, the problem is too many Repub's have failed in that State. Mostly they fail because they bend too much and try to morph into some sort of hybrid to appease the Dem's. I don't think the Democratic base there has any faith in a Republican even midst the current up swell against the liberal movement.
  16. PatriotsReign

PatriotsReign On the Roster

Ratings:
    +377 / 3 / -15

It takes a small mind for one to believe their vote is "owed" to a particular party. What does that say about MA voters? I don't know, but let's hope people aren't self constrained like that.
  17. Stokes

Stokes Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

18. sdaniels7114

sdaniels7114 Rookie

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

You can't ignore a fact that isn't true. There has already been two candidate forums and there will be three debates before the election. One of them is tomorrow in Springfield. Brown's a nobody, Coakley's been well-known statewide for years. She owes it to the voters to go toe to toe with this guy, that debt is certainly met by three debates. She isn't by any means required to make this guy famous by debating him the 10 or 20 or 50 times he'd like. If he can't get decent publicity without her presence that's his problem, not hers.
  19. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ------------- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,040 / 9 / -19

#87 Jersey

Massachusetts and Rhode Island wonder why we are such a pathetic mess ... especially Rhode Island. Well ... you have people who already know their in because it's their turn so what do they care how much they really suck.
  20. efin98

efin98 Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

This doesn't say anything, this goes on nationwide for both parties. Same thing with voting for a member of a political family, people stick with what they know and what they feel comfortable with regardless of what the candidates really stand for.