PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Could Our Game Plan Have Been Worse?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have patience. I believe that Belichick is the best coach in the history of the NFL. If he were analyzing this game objectively, he would know how bad the coaching job was.

Personally, I don't think this had anything to do with the offense gelling. The loss had to do with two coaches dueling, one using his defensive talent to their very best and the other using his offensive talent to his very worst. Belichick was so afraid of a Rex Ryan defense that he took the best offense in the AFC and had them using a no-huddle, wristbands and whiteboards. He might have tried Charlie's playbook and Hoyer calling the plays.

BB has scornfully spoken about Pitt in the past about how they run the same stuff every year and how teams need to change as defenses adapt to stay ahead of the curve.

NE offenses are always a work in progress at the beginning of the year.

Aside from that, NE moved the ball almost at will against Buffalo and struggled against NY when they wanted to run the spread but 2 of 3 WRs were newbs.

Patience.

Take your racist comments outta here. And yes, they are racist. People are saying that Edelman looks like Welker, NOT because of his skin color, because of what he does ON THE FIELD. The moves he makes. The quickness and agility that he showed.

Yes, Welker is "better" than Edelman because Welker is a 6th year player and in his 3rd with the Pats. So he's more refined. And more experienced.

People understand Edelman is a rookie, but I think you don't. They understand that he's got growing to do. Moss wasn't yelling AT Edelman so much as having to yell for Edelman to hear him because of how loud it was. Edelman was making some rookie mistakes in terms of where he lined up. That's to be expected.

:ditto:

10 characters

The offense has pretty well come back intact. The OL line is the same. Sure there are a couple of new faces, but ZERO new starters other than Baker who shares time with Watson.

If the offense doesn't know the whole playbook, then Belichick needs to hire better coaches.

Sure a player or two (Galloway) might need a bit of time to learn the offense, but the offense playbook should have been learned by now.
I don't believe that teh Patriots have ever kept the playbook EXACTLY the same year to year..and that is on both offense and defense. And there's a good reason for that..CoachB always wants to put in nuamces and different things so that it will not be the same as the year before and that will keep coaches on their toes looking at film.
I also think with Josh gone it's going to be a bit different and that is part of it.

There are always changes, sometimes major changes (as with the defense). However, the players are the same and they ahve had months and months to learn the changes since Josh left.

I don't believe that teh Patriots have ever kept the playbook EXACTLY the same year to year..and that is on both offense and defense. And there's a good reason for that..CoachB always wants to put in nuamces and different things so that it will not be the same as the year before and that will keep coaches on their toes looking at film.
I also think with Josh gone it's going to be a bit different and that is part of it.

There are always changes, sometimes major changes (as with the defense). However, the players are the same and they ahve had months and months to learn the changes since Josh left.

The Jets learned a whole new defensive scheme and seem to have been able to implement it within only a few months. I'm sorry, but this is not exactly particle physics.

I have patience. I believe that Belichick is the best coach in the history of the NFL. If he were analyzing this game objectively, he would know how bad the coaching job was.

Personally, I don't think this had anything to do with the offense gelling. The loss had to do with two coaches dueling, one using his defensive talent to their very best and the other using his offensive talent to his very worst. Belichick was so afraid of a Rex Ryan defense that he took the best offense in the AFC and had them using a no-huddle, wristbands and whiteboards. He might have tried Charlie's playbook and Hoyer calling the plays.

Sometimes in big games I think BB has the tendency to panic and abandon the run. I know it must be difficult to take it out of 12's hands, but I think Brady is in real danger of getting shell-shocked like Bledsoe if they can't keep the pressure off. The best way to do this is to establish the run and work the playaction passing game.

The lack of running with this many solid running back puzzles me. It would seem that with the Jets selling out continually on pass rushing, that you could bust a seem and be off to the races with the running game. You'd also prevent the Jets from pinning back their ears and rushing the passer, as they know the Pats most likely will not run. Finally, it would open up the passing game.

It's bizarre to me that they throw the ball almost 50 times in a close game like that. I assume our offensive linemen know how to run block, no?

Excellent points, and question.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back