PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Could Mankins and Brady receive a career exemption from the franchise tag

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope not, because Reiss things that Mankins would be long gone in a true free agent situation.

Well the tag will remain for this year. If he can't be tagged ever again, and I doubt that happens, it will simply mean he can't be tagged and traded in 2012 so they either get a deal done this season or he's gone for a comp pick in 2013.

The Globe is running a series on their extra points blog with Shalise and Bedard covering ten questions. Shalise covered Mankins today and made an interesting comment. Apparently Bauer has refused to confirm or deny to her that Mankins was ever asked to apologize in public. And she talked to a couple of agents who were familiar with the deal Mankins was offered and they said they would have recommended he take it were he their client...

10 Questions: Does Mankins stay? - Page 2 - Boston.com

One interesting development to watch that no one seems to be offering clarification or confirmation on is what the tag for OL will be going forward and will that impact Mankins this season or not. It was reported early last week that owners had requested the OL tag finally be split ala DL into OT/OG/C designations, and there was said to be no opposition to that. I imagine that would lop a couple of million off of the OG tag price Mankins was presumed to be receiving and might alter his perception of taking a long term deal vs. playing out his time here under an $8M tag. I also saw a projected date of August 29th for tagged players to be signed long term.

Not gonna link it but Wrong is now jonesing for Mankins to squeeze something, anything out of Kraft (to make up for all the effort he put in to having his name added to a lawsuit even Borges realizes will be settled for the greater good within days) to make up for his being the only guy his union has apparently ever signed off on screwing...:rolleyes:

He thinks Kraft should have to reimburse Logan for the money he lost LAST SEASON when he failed to sign his tender and the team lowered it as was their right...

Wrong's agenda is on full display as the end of the lockout looms...

Not gonna link it but Wrong is now jonesing for Mankins to squeeze something, anything out of Kraft (to make up for all the effort he put in to having his name added to a lawsuit even Borges realizes will be settled for the greater good within days) to make up for his being the only guy his union has apparently ever signed off on screwing...:rolleyes:

He thinks Kraft should have to reimburse Logan for the money he lost LAST SEASON when he failed to sign his tender and the team lowered it as was their right...

Wrong's agenda is on full display as the end of the lockout looms...
Very crazy logic. Since he didnt sign the tender and sat out 7 games, lets pretend he did and pay him for the games he didn't play in.

I think I should have been paid more the last 10 years, and even though I refused to work 100 hour weeks, I think I should get paid for those other 60 now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes