PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Could Jason Taylor be traded??? And to the Pats???

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't see that happening....particularly since our first round pick was just stolen from us.

even if we had both our picks in the 1st round Id never give one up for him, especially at his age...

Is this some kind of sick joke? He is a good player but he doesn't fit in anywhere in our system. Even if he did the Phins would not trade him within the division; I would think.

forget about how factless this is and just think of taylor on our team....

We already have Colvin and Vrabel. Why would we need another OLB unless one of them got hurt? Float a sixth rounder for him. Anything higher would be a waste.

We already have Colvin and Vrabel. Why would we need another OLB unless one of them got hurt? Float a sixth rounder for him. Anything higher would be a waste.

I get what you're saying, but come on guy.

Last edited:
Is this some kind of sick joke? He is a good player but he doesn't fit in anywhere in our system. Even if he did the Phins would not trade him within the division; I would think.

I agree they would not trade within the division but think he would make an ideal 3-4 OLB, DE hybrid (think Willie Mac). Saban used a variation of the 3-4 with the Dolphins. Taylor is a very productive veteran who would have no trouble making plays in the Patriots defense.

Put me down for Taylor, Champ Bailey, Julius Peppers, LT, Ed Reed... I will find spots for them.

too old...no chance there i agree

The Pats would make about as little sense as a trading partner as there could be, even if they were to trade him. Aside from that, the contract issues and the marketability issues make it near impossible for him to go anywhere.

I get what you're saying, but come on guy.

I know the Dolphins would never go for it, but Taylor just isn't worth it to us to trade for. We have two very good OLBs and Taylor would have to rotate with those guys. He is a luxary we can do without. Unless we lowball the Dolphins and they jump, I don't see the point of even pursuing him.

That would be nice, but it wouldn't happen. Plus where are you going to put him? Seymour and Warren occupy the DE spots, Colvin and Vrabel occupy the OLB spots.

That would be nice, but it wouldn't happen. Plus where are you going to put him? Seymour and Warren occupy the DE spots, Colvin and Vrabel occupy the OLB spots.

Where would the Pats put him? Is that a joke?

Taylor >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Vrabal and Colvin

Last edited:
Well if they will take the 4th round pick like the one we gave for Moss... I'd be all over it. ;-)

More likely some other team desperate for defense with lots of cap room will trade their #1. Maybe a team like the Texans?? Hrrmm.

This may well come back to bite, but the Jason Taylor I saw on Sunday looked like a 33-year-old and not the player who terrorised us late last year.

But besides all that, it's not a trade that makes too much sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots