PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Could Jarvis Green be moving to linebacker?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Keegs

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
He isn't that big compared to our other linemen. This may sound ridiculous but i just started thinkinig about it after we picked up sullivan. We have a lot of linemen and I just thought the trade was a little strange just to get another linemen. Especially one that is an underachiever thus far in his career.

does anyone consider this a possibility?

could any other DL be moving to linebacker?

He could be the rush DE that McGinest was in passing situations but he won't be "a linebacker" full time.

id like to see that

Keegs said:
He isn't that big compared to our other linemen. This may sound ridiculous but i just started thinkinig about it after we picked up sullivan. We have a lot of linemen and I just thought the trade was a little strange just to get another linemen. Especially one that is an underachiever thus far in his career.

does anyone consider this a possibility?

could any other DL be moving to linebacker?
from NFL.COM player stats:
275 Klecko
290 green
295 Wright
300 Hill
307 Warren
308 Santonio Thomas
310 Seymour
324 Wilfork

He has played at LB....back in 03...I believe the Mia game...(at Mia)..he filled in for WillieMcG who was out..an interesting idea....

spacecrime said:
275 Klecko
290 green
295 Wright
300 Hill
307 Warren
308 Santonio Thomas
310 Seymour
324 Wilfork

weird, miguel has got him at 6'3 272

spacecrime said:
290 green
Willie Mac was at 270, so if Miguel is right then J Green could probably pull it off. If not, Green could try and lose some weight, or we'd just have a massive monster at SLB. :D

sucks2.jpg

I hate offseason speculation!

52 more days, damnit!

Last edited:
it isnt a bad thought at all. pure speculation, but much better than switching to a 4-3 or Klecko being a OLB.

speculation? what does that mean?

Ohhh yeah, i heard we are trading next year's second rounder for Ray Lewis. He'll play inside w/ Teddy.

Can we please - for the love of God - do SOMETHING about the newbies? Is it that school has let out? For God's sake, Jarvis Green is NOT switching to F-ing linebacker! Christ.

patsox23 said:
Can we please - for the love of God - do SOMETHING about the newbies? Is it that school has let out? For God's sake, Jarvis Green is NOT switching to F-ing linebacker! Christ.
I didn't say he was.

And how the hell would you know that it's not happening.

Someone earlier posted how he filled in for williie in 2003 against Miami.

Maybe you should read all the posts on here before you try and "sound cool"

Honestly, it usually takes at least 3 years for a college DE to learn how to play in space. You seem to be suggesting that Jarvis will suddenly play the position next year with no significant history at LB. It just seems so ridiculous.

Boston Tim said:
Honestly, it usually takes at least 3 years for a college DE to learn how to play in space. You seem to be suggesting that Jarvis will suddenly play the position next year with no significant history at LB. It just seems so ridiculous.
I didn't say starting, i didn't say fulltime, I didn't say he would be doing anything.

It was a question as to if you people think its a possibility.

I guess ill mark you down for a "no".

Keegs said:
I didn't say he was.

I did read that. It's ridiculous. Jarvis Green is an NFL LINEMAN. I do not require inside information at Gillette to know this. And I'm not trying to "sound cool," I'm trying to keep this site from going off the deep end, junior high-posters-wise.

Keegs said:
I didn't say he was.

That was the Miami game last year at the end of the season where all the regualrs rested. Green played DE not LB. Maybe a couple of plays he stayed back and the rush came from the other side. Big deal. Doesn't make him a LB.

Bam Childress play CB in that game. So now this means Bam will be playing CB behind Jarvis the LB?

You want to post goofy stuff, go right ahead, this is the boring time of the year when goofy stuff hits the forum. But don't get huffy when someone says it's goofy.

Last edited:
patsox23 said:
I did read that. It's ridiculous. Jarvis Green is an NFL LINEMAN. I do not require inside information at Gillette to know this. And I'm not trying to "sound cool," I'm trying to keep this site from going off the deep end, junior high-posters-wise.
Apparantly you didn't read many of the other posts on here either.
I don't know what i was thinking asking you guys what you thought of an NFL LINEMAN moving to linebacker, especially a Patriot. It's not like that has ever happened before

The Patriots move college DL's to LB. Willie McGinest is 6'5" 270. Jarvis Green is 6'3" 290. If he can regularly play LB, I'll be shocked. You should be, too.

Do you guys think Rodney - when he's back from PUP, of course! - might be used at LB? I think he could do it! He came up and supported the run sometimes! Wheeee!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back