PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Could Edgerrin James be an interest in New England next season?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have you seen him play this year he is horrid, slow feet, no quickness no burst at all. If he goes for over 3 yds the announcers call it a break away.:rolleyes:

Dag that's cold son.

Last edited:
He'll end up back in Indy at discount prices after the Colts aren't able to sign Addai.

I'd be more interested in Fred Taylor at a low deal.

J D Sal

I'm starting to think the Colts are like the Broncos whereas they can just throw anyone back there and make them look like a Pro Bowler.

CFL cast off Kenton Keith last year stepped in and had a huge game. Now Dominic Rhodes, who was one bad preseason away from working at burger king, is now playing like an all-pro.

I would throw up.:eek:

Not sure how much he has left to be honest but I love the guy. I would love him to go back to Indy since he is still friends with everyone on the team and keeps in touch with them.
Hey, for once we agree. I hope he goes back to the Dolts also.

Would you have wanted to sign Shaun Alexander this year or last? There's your answer.

Maroney, Morris, Faulk, Jordan (yup, I'd re-sign him). That'll be our 4 RBs next season, and it'll be pretty effective.

Maroney, Morris, Faulk, Jordan (yup, I'd re-sign him). That'll be our 4 RBs next season, and it'll be pretty effective.

I'd go with the 4 above depending upon how much cap $ Jordan would want. I wonder if BJGE has upside potential? Only the coaching staff has a good idea.

He hasn't proven he can do that? I have given up and i am begining to think BB have him on a very short leash.

He's either healthy or he's not. If he's not healthy or can't play hurt he won't be resigned. If he's healthy, they should use him, he has the most upside of their RBs. Willie McGinest went through a real long stretch of with multiple injuries and came back to have a great end of his career in New England.

I don't think anyone here is a doctor with access to all Patriots injury information, so just assume he's injured and will get better. What point is there in thinking anything else? Injured players don't have much trade value in the NFL and we'll likely have more draft picks than we want to use next year anyway.

Have you seen him play this year he is horrid, slow feet, no quickness no burst at all. If he goes for over 3 yds the announcers call it a break away.:rolleyes:
Bingo.

Edge, like many RBs in their early 30s, hit the wall hard. A revival in NE or elsewhere would be quite an accomplishment.

Regards,
Chris

I'm starting to think the Colts are like the Broncos whereas they can just throw anyone back there and make them look like a Pro Bowler.

Too bad they can't do that with Joseph Addai anymore. The guy has been playing like a scrub since he played the Pats last year.

Edge likely goes the way of Shaun Alexander next year.

He just can't play anymore.

We have Maroney, Morris, Faulk and BJGE coming back at RB. We may even re-sign Jordan if he wants, with BJGE back on the Practice Squad. We won't be looking for a RB. We have other priorities.

Give me Larry Johnson over James anyday

This thread should be deleted. Sammy Morris or Lamont Jordan are way better than a worn down Egerrin James. In fact, not many teams (if any) are going to have intrest in James.

But, Fred Taylor could possibly be on the market and he has a lot more left in him than Edge.

No way, Taylor will turn 33 in January, he is 2 1/2 years older than James. But I wouldn't want either unless they were vet minimum which is unlikely to happen.

No way, Taylor will turn 33 in January, he is 2 1/2 years older than James. But I wouldn't want either unless they were vet minimum which is unlikely to happen.

Just last year, Fred Taylor was about as impressive as any back in the league. I'm all set with Edgerrin, but sign me up for a year or two with Fred.

Fred has missed so many games due to injury that he doesn't have some of the normal wear and tear that RB's get.

Let's check this thread again tomorrow after BOTH Morris and Jordan have had a career game. ;)

Just last year, Fred Taylor was about as impressive as any back in the league.
Not even close.

Fred has missed so many games due to injury that he doesn't have some of the normal wear and tear that RB's get.
For me, being injured year after year and missing a ton of games isn't the positive that it is for you. I actually see being injury prone as a bad thing. But that's just me.

I doubt it. James is a money guy and he probly still thinks he worth starter money. Even if we could get him cheap I don't think it would be a good idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back