PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Could Edgerrin James be an interest in New England next season?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PATRIOT64

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
Edgerrin will once again sit on the bench this weekend and its obvious he wants to be the star running back in the desert,but Hightower gets the nod again

James had averaged 106 yards per game when playing for Indy against NE and I think the Cards are foolish not to let a guy who has had success against us be the guy to run the rock once more.

With that being said,Do you think Edgerrin will be a guy BB and the team looks at in the offseason to sign as a featured back? or will they be satisfied with giving Maroney the #1 spot again.

I think Edgerrin still has a lot of gas left in the tank and if for some reason he does start or at least play for a few downs,maybe BB will be taking down some notes and seeing him as a possibility in 2009.

James should be among the top Free Agents to hit the market next season - Arizona likes what they see in Hightower and I see no way they pay James to sit on the bench another year nor does he want to sit.

Maybe his play this weekend,if any won't be his last here in the not too distant future.

Last edited:
I would throw up.:eek:

Not sure how much he has left to be honest but I love the guy. I would love him to go back to Indy since he is still friends with everyone on the team and keeps in touch with them.

Is he writing a book?

I think the Edge is dull as a spoon at this point. James is done. He will be 31 next season and I think all those workhorse years in Indy have finally caught up to him.

I think the Edge is dull as a spoon at this point. James is done. He will be 31 next season and I think all those workhorse years in Indy have finally caught up to him.

Its really difficult to say what he has left,I think he went into a bad situation in Arizona with an OL that was nowhere near the line he ran behind in Indy,Arizona's OL is not too good,Boldin and Fitzgerald are so fast that Warner usually can unload it quick before he gets killed.

With BB expected to find a way to improve the OL so that Brady is not spending sundays on the couch with Gisele, a guy like James might still have something left with a better OL

I hate to agree with you but it's true.

I love the guy but he is not even close what he used to be. He was amazing for us though and we gave him a SB ring.

I still would take him though for old times sake.

But, Fred Taylor could possibly be on the market and he has a lot more left in him than Edge.

I love the guy but he is not even close what he used to be. He was amazing for us though and we gave him a SB ring.

But, Fred Taylor could possibly be on the market and he has a lot more left in him than Edge.

Taylor will want more $$$ than James

The Patriots usually look for bargains than possibly overspending - 2007 was no exception,they got AD and Welker for practically pocket change

James will never go back to Indy because he wants the #1 job - Addai has earned his spot there and Addai won't be a #2

You could possibly have Maphony,I mean Maroney if the team does decide to look elsewhere whether its a guy like James,Taylor or some other vet

I don't expect Jordan to be here next season so thats one back we almost certainly won't see as a Patriot in 2009

Edgerrin James 08 = Stephon Marbury 08

Would love to see him and have him run all over the Colts. Otherwise, he is done. I think there is a reason he isnt playing in AZ.

James will never go back to Indy because he wants the #1 job

He wouldnt be #1 here either. We havent had a clear cut every down #1 back since Dillons 1600 yrd season. Besides, based off of what i've seen of him over the last 3 yrs, and what i've seen of Sammy Morris, i'd make Sammy the #1, not Edge. James just doesnt seem to have the burst that he used to. We already have a running back who walks to the line, and gets stopped after a yard. :D

Please.... stick a fork in him. He's done.

Yup. Running backs are a dime a dozen. James was great at the beginning of his career. Now he's no better than anyone the Patriots have or could take in any round of the draft.

Yup. Running backs are a dime a dozen. James was great at the beginning of his career. Now he's no better than anyone the Patriots have or could take in any round of the draft.

Well, they don't age well, at least. We got one great year out of Dillon and he was a HOF caliber back in my opinion. A workhorse running back pays the price.

Assuming Jordan stays healthy, guys like him and Sammy Morris are really smart, good value RBs. Veteran smarts and low mileage. Our F.O. will look real good over the years with those smart acquisitions.

Hopefully Maroney stays healthy too. I can really see using all those guys, even if it means keeping 1 extra back. No better way to keep Brady upright short of a multimillion dollar Oline investment.

Yea our money is better spent elsewhere. Edge is aging and as weve seen this seen the Patriots are pretty deep at RB.

Based on what (little) I've seen of Hightower and James, I can't blame all of James' problems on Arizona's line. Sorry, but I don't think there's any gas left in that tank.

Way too much mileage on Edgerrin James tires i think his career is winding down. I would rather Larry Johnson...he would be perfect on this Team. Although he's a year younger than James...Johnson haven't been in the league nearly as long. Larry Johnson could be a Great receiver from te running back position too.

Assuming Jordan stays healthy, guys like him and Sammy Morris are really smart, good value RBs. Veteran smarts and low mileage. Our F.O. will look real good over the years with those smart acquisitions.

Hopefully Maroney stays healthy too. I can really see using all those guys, even if it means keeping 1 extra back. No better way to keep Brady upright short of a multimillion dollar Oline investment.

He hasn't proven he can do that? I have given up and i am begining to think BB have him on a very short leash.

Its really difficult to say what he has left,I think he went into a bad situation in Arizona with an OL that was nowhere near the line he ran behind in Indy,Arizona's OL is not too good,Boldin and Fitzgerald are so fast that Warner usually can unload it quick before he gets killed.

With BB expected to find a way to improve the OL so that Brady is not spending sundays on the couch with Gisele, a guy like James might still have something left with a better OL

I would blame the situation if Edge hadn't dropped on the depth charts. But the guy has been benched for Tim Hightower and even JJ Arrington has been getting more carries even before James tried to shoot his way out of town. That does say something. Neither Hightower nor Arrington would get significant playing time on this team.

As we saw with Corey Dillon, RBs can hit the age wall overnight. Dillon went from the highest yards per game played total (probably would have led the league in total rushing yards if he didn't miss the Steelers game) in 2004 to an average at best back who was constantly injured in 2005.

Have you seen him play this year he is horrid, slow feet, no quickness no burst at all. If he goes for over 3 yds the announcers call it a break away.:rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down