PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Could Brandon Spikes be suspended for his current tweet?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You made my point, yes it caused, obviouly some controversy, but ask yourself why? Why should anyone care about his phobias? Really, who gives a sh#$.

Ohh I dunno, maybe Mr. Kraft protecting his brand and his company....:confused:

Ok, sorry for this but you're either:

a. an idiot or
b. never held a meaningful job at the professional level

As professionals, you represent your company, especially private, wherever you go and whatever you do. There is no time where you in are public and "off the clocl" so to say. The media supposedly ran Jermaine Cunningham down in the mall not to question him about football and the team, but rather in an attempt to get his reaction to what Brandon tweeted.

This creates bad PR and attention for the team, the business as a whole thats unwanted.

Listen, if you want to huddle with your STAR and ENQUIRE magazines, feel free, my point is, why is this a big deal? It's the media making the fuss and all this over reaction, to what? If he actually said something offensive, then fine, I just don't see it that way

Listen, if you want to huddle with your STAR and ENQUIRE magazines, feel free, my point is, why is this a big deal? It's the media making the fuss and all this over reaction, to what? If he actually said something offensive, then fine, I just don't see it that way

So calling out all gays and homo sexuals isn't offensive?

Ok, you make all sorts of sense. You should be a politician. Do you think BB thinks highly of the situation?

SPikes is a moron...absolute moron...good FB player...but very immature.

Re: Could Brandon Spike be suspended for his current tweet?

That is fine WHEN IN the workplace - I get it. When at home, he is a private citizen just like anyone else.

Yeah, but a private citizen may have to face employment repercussions for something he says or does. Happens ... legally ... all the time.

Anyway, my favorite part of this thread is that you're already pissed at Goodell, even though there hasn't been any indication of a punishment.

This is one of the more intelligent, witty pieces of ignorance I've read. Not sure whether he's raised the bar or lowered it.

That'd be pretty lame if he gets in trouble for that.

That is fine WHEN IN the workplace - I get it. When at home, he is a private citizen just like anyone else.

Yeah, but a private citizen may have to face employment repercussions for something he says or does. Happens ... legally ... all the time.

Anyway, my favorite part of this thread is that you're already pissed at Goodell, even though there hasn't been any indication of a punishment.

I am not pissed at Goodell - I don't like the way he runs the league, but I am far from pissed.

Spikes was just posting a joke made by a British comedian, according to 98.5. So, all the angst is over a re-tweeted joke.

There's humor in that, too.

Yes, that is true - I just assumed (you know what that makes me) - that people meant a league suspension. The team has every right to suspend him - i do not feel the same way about the league.

Last edited:
If I admit that I'm homophobic, am I offending anyone? Am I calling out anyone? :confused:

Well, Spikes isnt a homosexual and said it... and then referred to one being in your bathtub... there's a difference and sorry you missed it. It wouldn't be an issues if he didnt offend people.
You can't be serious.

Last edited:
Well, Spikes isnt a homosexual and said it... and then referred to one being in your bathtub... there's a difference and sorry you missed it. It wouldn't be an issues if he didnt offend people.
You can't be serious.

When did people gain the right not to be offended?

Again, there are people who get offended if you tell them that you had eggs for breakfast.

Not a dam thing wrong with what he said. It was a great joke that i will be using myself. People who find this offensive must have 0 sense of humor. Classic Spike love it!!!!! :rocker::rocker::rocker::rocker: Hard hitting football player and Hard hitting Comedian #POWWWWWWWW

But your missing the point skippy.

It didn't offend the New England Patriots as a whole, it just makes their business as a whole look bad. He represents them wherever he goes, in the public. Now, he can cover himmself in white chocolate and say this all he wants in the privacy of his home, but in public, thats a no no for professionals.

However, he did offend others, people that were homesexual.

Again, there are people who get offended if you tell them that you had eggs for breakfast.

**** you and your ******* eggs, you racist breakfast ************!!!

Attention whores are the only ones offended by it. It was a joke ffs. Good thing spiders cant talk cause im sure there pissed to.......

In all the hubbub, everyone is forgetting the poor bathtubs. :rolleyes:

So what?

I understand that but this is a problem to the organization, doesnt have to be me, you or anyone else because you aren't associated with the entity. But you can't sit here and say this doesnt look bad on them as a whole, while he's representing the company.

He apaolgized for it, obviously, it was an issue. I guess its because I work corporate and I've been subjected to these types of rules forever. I see the underlying issues at hand here.

Too many people take things far too seriously these days.

I wonder if these same people would be up in arms if Spikes substituted "butt ugly and fat woman" or, "tatooed from head to toe woman" or "toothless woman" for homosexual?

So what?

I understand that but this is a problem to the organization, doesnt have to be me, you or anyone else because you aren't associated with the entity. But you can't sit here and say this doesnt look bad on them as a whole, while he's representing the company.

He apaolgized for it, obviously, it was an issue. I guess its because I work corporate and I've been subjected to these types of rules forever. I see the underlying issues at hand here.

It looks bad for people who can't take a joke. It doesn't mean that the team, as a whole, looks bad. The version of "protect the brand" you're espousing is deliberately geared to appease even the idiots. It's the warning label approach.

Last edited:
You can't be serious.

It isn't an issue. The media is just trying to make it one, and you support that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back