PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Could Bounty System Be the Cause of the Madden Curse??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joey007

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
It just hit me now, maybe the Madden Curse isn't a curse. I know one or two guys never got injured but just had mental/personal issues afterwards. For the most part though I'm starting to think teams that participated in the bounty systemsuch as the Saints perhaps placed their biggest targets on the Madden cover athletes. Thoughts?

Hahahaha... Good one brother! :rocker:

LOL. ;)

No. There is no relation with the Saints bounties and the Madden curse. The Madden 'curse' goes way beyond the bounderies of the N.Orleans Saints.

I can't tell if you are being serious or sarcastic though.

Although appearing on the Madden cover could give other players that extra incentive to work that much more or hit you that much harder, I don't think it matters. Plus I don't recall any of the recent cover athlete's injuries being dirty hits.

Yeah,once the Saints defense saw that Drew Brees was going to be on the cover of Madden 11 in the spring of 2010,they went all out in training camp to put thier own QB on IR :rolleyes:

Yeah,once the Saints defense saw that Drew Brees was going to be on the cover of Madden 11 in the spring of 2010,they went all out in training camp to put thier own QB on IR :rolleyes:

Was Brees hurt recently? Or are you being sarcastic? My meter is way off, due to this thread ;) I can't tell if anyone is serious or not..

Regardless, I couldn't imagine to begin to see any kind of relationship to the Saints bounty stuff, and the curse of a video game cover. I wouldn't even think that the Saints played many of the players over the yrs, due to scheduling etc.

The most recent examples that come to mind are Peyton Hillis and Troy Palomalu, and I don't even think N.Orleans played them that yr..

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye