Welcome to PatsFans.com

Could Australia Blow Apart the Great Global Warming Scare?

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by ljuneau, Jun 24, 2009.

1. ljuneau

ljuneau Rookie

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

Could Australia Blow Apart the Great Global Warming Scare?

The man-made global warming (aka climate change) myth is beginning to unravel.
  2. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +265 / 10 / -11

3. ljuneau

ljuneau Rookie

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

Maybe you should read the article. And which "he" from the article are you talking about?
  4. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +265 / 10 / -11

I have said before that I am not a scientist and when you get into the detailed debate, the arguments get highly technical. My approach to this issue is to trust those sources I've always trusted, even before global warming was as issue. I've always read Scientic American, as well as on occasion New Scientist, Nature, National Geographic and others. Virtually all of those sources that I always trusted have come out largely in favor of global warming the last time I checked (a couple years ago).

Now, from what do you form your opinion? Do you analyze the science in the white papers? Do you follow a party line? Or do you rely on sources who you have always felt were fairly nonbiased and not caught up in politics?
  5. alvinnf

alvinnf Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 1 / -0

How, about a simple do you believe in global warming poll... There is allot of homework here to sift through.
    :eek:
  6. reflexblue

reflexblue PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +130 / 4 / -0

#91 Jersey

The more you post the more you reinforce the steriotype of people from the South East U.S. as not being the sharpest knives in the drawer.
  7. BelichickFan

BelichickFan B.O. = Fugazi PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +509 / 13 / -11

#24 Jersey

8. atomdomb

atomdomb Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

I simply call it the Global Warming Scandal.
  9. alvinnf

alvinnf Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 1 / -0

They dont call it 'going green' for nothing, lots of people are grabbing lot's of cash. Even so bad as pandering to the youth with their multimillion dollar add campaigns. oh and it does'nt stop there cleaning sprays and air fresheners, for god sake they got cats pooping on cedar chips. I would gladly adorn my parka for a year solid if I could make it stop. But, that would'nt work that would only envoke the pre-cold global warming arguement, where we endure some unseasonably low temps first. I'm just glad I live on top of a rather large hill, the ocean views will be a welcomed change.
  10. State

State Rookie

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0

#70 Jersey

Watermelons: green on the outside, red on the inside.

The environmental movement beliefs in the fervor of a nineteenth century Christian.

The evidence is piling up, and being published in book form, such as Red Hot Lies: How Global Warming Alarmists Use Threats, Fraud, and Deception to Keep You Misinformed by Christopher C. Horner.

Here's the prodigious Wikipedia of scientific skeptics. List of scientists opposing the mainstream scientific assessment of global warming - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

MIT professor Richard Lindzen is the biggest deal on the list. He's worth ten or more James Hansens.

William Gray is Mr. Meteorology. He's another heavy weight.
  11. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +663 / 2 / -9

I call it global warming sh!t.....:singing:
  12. ljuneau

ljuneau Rookie

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

Hey, thanks for adding real substance to this thread. Your arguments are well thought out and add a new perspective on the subject matter. Please, feel free to enlighten us further.
  13. ljuneau

ljuneau Rookie

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

Yes warming did happen. We are either in an interglacial period or at the end of the ice ages. One thing that we know is that glacial periods are not normal. If they were then most temperate zone mountains would have been ground down to nothing a long time ago by glaciers. That means that the 'normal' conditions of Earth are probably warmer than today.

I would like to point out that 8000 years ago it was warmer than today! (That's 2000 years after the last ice age.) At that time the great ice fields of western Canada and Alaska were virtually nonexistent.

My point is, climate changes. It is now getting a little cooler. It might get warmer in the future. So what! CO2 is not causing the temperature change. There is no evidence. In fact the evidence is that CO2 is not causing the climate to change!
  14. State

State Rookie

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0

#70 Jersey

Hey, I'm listening to a Dave Ramsey podcast right now. He's from Knoxville, isn't he? About the smartest, most decent man in America.

Invidious stereotypes based on geography? Those Southerns are definitely fair game.

White Alabamans voted for McCain 88% to Obama's 12% share of the white vote. Obvious Deliverance hayseeds.
  15. BelichickFan

BelichickFan B.O. = Fugazi PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +509 / 13 / -11

#24 Jersey

If you said something like that in person you'd probably get your ass kicked. It's easy to say on the internet though.
  16. ljuneau

ljuneau Rookie

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

Dave Ramsey's office and home are in Franklin, TN (just 10 minutes south of Nashville). A few years ago, I actually almost took a job with his company as a website developer. I turned it down because, well, he didn't want to pay squat (LOL). Love his debt-free program though. My wife and I have been debt-free (except the house) for three years now.

OK, didn't mean to hijak my own thread.
    Last edited: Jun 24, 2009