PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Could AD re-appear this week?

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's day to day

That would kick A** if AD comes back. We need all the help on our fragile D

Even if he did come back this week, you'd have to think he would be severly hampered by the injury. Would AD playing at much less then 100% really even be worth it?

This is the post-game presser from Vrabel's first game back (I believe) after breaking his arm in 2003.

Anyone remember how long he was out?

3 Weeks.
Well, I see that you want to think that a broken bone is a broken bone and every break is the same and they only take three weeks to heal.

But,

Two words for your theory: Junior Seau.

If he's at all able to go, play him. I don't care what the medical staff has to do.

We have to make the playoffs first and the only way to ensure that is to win out. Yes I am panicking at the thought of us not playing in Jan.
Oh, yeah. Risk a player's long term production because a guy who became a fan when the Pats got good will be sad if we don't make the playoffs. Sometimes I think it would be great if we had a couple of 5-11 and 4-12 seasons just to get rid of the hangers on. Let 'em follow whatever team is doing good that year. Unfortunately, you'd just be back again when the Pats had a good year.

I expect him Week 16 to try to shake a little rust off.

Last edited:
Well, I see that you want to think that a broken bone is a broken bone and every break is the same and they only take three weeks to heal.

But,

Two words for your theory: Junior Seau.
It happened in the Jets game..he missed Wash, Tennessee, and the Giants...he was doudtful in the Fins game, but played..(in that game WillieMcG was out as was TedJ...and Vrabel played with Jarvis Geen playing the other OLB position. He was questionable in the next game (Cleve) but played. I think it depends on the type of break and severity. I do not believe Vrabes had surgery as AD had. I hope he will be back..thinking maybe Zona.

Oh, yeah. Risk a player's long term production because a guy who became a fan when the Pats got good will be sad if we don't make the playoffs. Sometimes I think it would be great if we had a couple of 5-11 and 4-12 seasons just to get rid of the hangers on. Let 'em follow whatever team is doing good that year. Unfortunately, you'd just be back again when the Pats had a good year.

I'm so happy for you that you'll be enjoying watching the playoffs this year if we don't make it.

Hey, at least we'll have a happy, healthy and nicely-rested team coming back for 2009. :singing: :singing:

I'll look forward to hearing your thoughts if that comes to pass.

I love your assumption about me BTW. Oh...I get it--the DATE up there in the corner!! So you became a fan in 2004 did you? Wow, you and this team do go back a long way. :rolleyes: If you only knew. Jerk.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back