PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Cory Procter visiting(ed) Pats [Update: Signed by Dolphins]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Cory Procter visiting(ed) Pats

Procter continues tour of Parcells coaching tree | ProFootballTalk.com

Don't know how good he is, but it never hurts to potentially improve our interior depth. And he's only 27.

Proctor had only one good game - in 2007 when Andre Gurode had a knee injury, and he more than held his own against the Panthers Pro Bowler Kris Jenkins.

Aside from that - he is AWFUL - he can't block well, ESPECIALLY in pass protection. When Kyle Kosier missed all but 2 games in 2008, our OL took a HUGE hit.

It was no coincidence that in the 2 games Kosier played that year(@GB and @Washington), those were the only times Jason Garrett's play-calling was a very balanced run/pass ratio, and our offense clicked to perfection.(which is why I thought the whole "They were trying to make TO happy by throwing him the ball too much was nonsense")

Rimshot!

Thanks folks, I'll be here all week.

No really, I will. That's my schedule (with apologies to the Progressive Insurance commercial lady). :)

If we add to our line, it has to be at ILB.

And there is only one man up for grabs who is worth consideration:

Adam Seward.

Proctor had only one good game - in 2007 when Andre Gurode had a knee injury, and he more than held his own against the Panthers Pro Bowler Kris Jenkins.

Aside from that - he is AWFUL - he can't block well, ESPECIALLY in pass protection. When Kyle Kosier missed all but 2 games in 2008, our OL took a HUGE hit.

It was no coincidence that in the 2 games Kosier played that year(@GB and @Washington), those were the only times Jason Garrett's play-calling was a very balanced run/pass ratio, and our offense clicked to perfection.(which is why I thought the whole "They were trying to make TO happy by throwing him the ball too much was nonsense")

Thanks as always for your perspective on current & former Cowboys, DTF. I would be surprised if Proctor signs with anybody but the Tuna, Fat Tony & the Doofins, anyway.

he'd make an excellent bouncer for the Blue Oyster Bar:p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing